Author Topic: Big A$$ Laker  (Read 7935 times)

Offline Cub

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Big A$$ Laker
« Reply #30 on: Jan 06, 2020, 05:21 AM »
Great fish! Congrats to the catcher
Jig em up!

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:19 AM »
So it's on FU-Book, but no one will say what lake it was from here? Inquiring minds and all that!
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:21 AM »
My guess is Nubi, but could be a number of lakes in NH.

Offline Hess

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:40 AM »
What a beauty -- congrats!!

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:42 AM »
If it was weighed at Ducrets (according to picture) it's probably either 1sr, 2nd 3rd, Francis or Big Diamond...those would be closest.

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:42 AM »
So it's on FU-Book, but no one will say what lake it was from here? Inquiring minds and all that!

It was a pond
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline Mascoma

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Dam, I was there on Thursday....

Offline TRT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Trout/Salmon
« Reply #37 on: Jan 06, 2020, 07:52 AM »
Congrats

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Jan 06, 2020, 08:30 AM »
Wow, monster...
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 06, 2020, 08:33 AM »
As far as where it was caught, it doesn't matter, it's not there any longer...I'm glad, that so far it is anonymous. .I'm thinking it should be...I'ts a fish of a lifetime and the angler should be proud. .. if it were me, might be 3 people on the planet I'd share the location with.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Jschumacher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Nothing beats walking on water. Life Member NAFC
« Reply #40 on: Jan 06, 2020, 08:38 AM »
Sweet. What a fish. Congrats.
Hard water Tight lines Flags up. Doesn't get any better than that

Member of the G.O.D.S

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #41 on: Jan 06, 2020, 08:52 AM »
As far as where it was caught, it doesn't matter, it's not there any longer...I'm glad, that so far it is anonymous. .I'm thinking it should be...I'ts a fish of a lifetime and the angler should be proud. .. if it were me, might be 3 people on the planet I'd share the location with.

Well put Roccus if the spot gets out i,m sure it will look like the salmon river during the spawn.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:16 AM »
It was obviously caught in Willand Pond and the driven north to disguise the location.

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:19 AM »
It was a pond

I suspect that was a wise bit of FB subterfuge on the part of the guy who named the pond. ;)
A quick google reveals the extreme unlikelyhood of that particular body of water giving up any Lakers.
Sure would be funny to take a drive by that place next weekend. Be a good place to set up a lemonade stand.  ;D

Offline zwiggles

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #44 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:26 AM »
Wait someone actually named the water body on Facebook? That’s awful.

Any serious fisherman knows monsters like that live in most NH lakes that support lake trout populations. You’re not going to show up and repeat this mans results unless you are extremely lucky or put in a ton of time.

The only good that could come out of naming the waterbody is the local shops might see more customers, but even that’s not really worth it in my opinion.

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #45 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:33 AM »
Awesome laker! 

Offline mikez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 06, 2020, 09:37 AM »
Well they named A pond.
If it wasn't the actual spot, it might confuse or misdirect a portion of the crowd.

In actuality, a pic that includes the store's name is a good clue to start. Then on their page they name the angler and I believe his hometown. Google maps reveals all the water bodies in the general area. The guy had time to set up, catch the fish and drive to the store by 8:30 am, so...

I say all this just to point out if keeping spots secret matters, think about what's in the pics you post. Also, everyone likes to dump on FB, for good reason, but I got all that from the pic posted here.

Offline Brownbagger247

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 06, 2020, 10:48 AM »

A quick google reveals the extreme unlikelyhood of that particular body of water giving up any Lakers.

We are not speaking of the same place but that may be a good thing... there’s monsters everywhere just got to catch them.

Some of us might be lucky enough for a pig like that to sniff your bait let alone hook it and land it. 100% props to the angler.  I’m very interested in all the details but the location is the last of my cares, I’m curious how many times he saw it at the hole and had to let him run again my heart would be racing.

I never share my location when I post and people get aggravated. I give every detail time of day, FOW, bait used and people still complain. To be fixated on one specific body of water that you “know” a good fish came out of is only going to hurt you in the long run. Best lessons are through personal experience and it feels a lot better when you are rewarded for your own efforts. It comes down to who’s fishing for the glory vs who’s fishing for their own personal satisfaction?

The fact that this waterbody has yet to be said on here just shows the character of this site vs Facebook

:tipup:
How's the ice they all ask? "I’ll tell you what, you can get a good look at a t-bone by sticking your head up a bull’s butt, but I’d rather take the butcher’s word for it."

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #48 on: Jan 06, 2020, 10:52 AM »
I know the waterbody, for a fact I know, not a guess. I wouldn’t say.
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Steve H.

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Jan 06, 2020, 11:34 AM »
I never share my location when I post and people get aggravated. I give every detail time of day, FOW, bait used and people still complain. To be fixated on one specific body of water that you “know” a good fish came out of is only going to hurt you in the long run. Best lessons are through personal experience and it feels a lot better when you are rewarded for your own efforts.
 :tipup:

So true.  And it's amazing to me that people get aggravated that you won't tell them the exact spot.  Blows my mind, really.

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #50 on: Jan 06, 2020, 11:37 AM »
X3

Offline Jetmec89

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • USAF
« Reply #51 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:39 PM »
I couldn't care less about the waterbody it came from but correct me if i am wrong, isn't the body of water disclosed in the record books? Of course, if the angler is truthful of the location that is.
Grab me a beer woman!!!

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:52 PM »
If you want the legit record yes... for a lot of guys the record isnt worth giving up the Intel. Might be the same reason why the largemouth record is still 10 pounds from the 60s, a little notoriety ain't worth trashing your honey hole.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:55 PM »
I know the waterbody, for a fact I know, not a guess. I wouldn’t say.

I have an idea, and I couldn't really care less even if I was told. I'm sure I could fish there every day for the rest of this ice season and barely catch a keeper.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jan 06, 2020, 12:58 PM »
I have an idea, and I couldn't really care less even if I was told. I'm sure I could fish there every day for the rest of this ice season and barely catch a keeper.

Agreed, I’m under the belief the odds are now even lower because there is one less lol! It’s like when I shoot a big buck and guys try to go right there, guess what pal? There’s one less than even yesterday.

However there is a vast population who you can’t drive that home too

Offline Yukoner

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #55 on: Jan 06, 2020, 01:01 PM »
Yes its a beast but I would think that ice would add some weight? Correct me if I'm mistaken...

It would, but not more than a few ounces.  Certainly not pounds.

Some mighty fine eatin' there boys.  If you fillet it, be sure to save the backbone and head (without the gills) for chowder stock. :)

Congratulations on a great fish!

Ted

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Jan 06, 2020, 01:08 PM »
If you want the legit record yes... for a lot of guys the record isnt worth giving up the Intel. Might be the same reason why the largemouth record is still 10 pounds from the 60s, a little notoriety ain't worth trashing your honey hole.

100% agree… I've always maintained that I could give a fat rats back side where anyone else got their fish, or how well they did, I wasn't there, and I aint going there!, I'm going to do things my way, the way I have always done it and if I do that, I'll be happy.. regardless of how the day turns out.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #57 on: Jan 06, 2020, 01:18 PM »
You are wise man Roccus!

Offline Unclegillhunter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice So Nice
« Reply #58 on: Jan 06, 2020, 01:21 PM »
Reminds me of summer before last. A kid dinking around in a creek that is close enough to where he lives to walk. In the city and he went there all the time, just a kid fishing! So one day he catches not one but two huge muskies! Dad rightfully proud contacts the newspaper, was like a Wednesday. That weekend you couldn’t find a place to stick your elbows out for all the vultures lining the banks of that creek! Really felt bad for the kid, cause he was just out fishing! Right place at the right time!
Keep it safe! JDL

Offline HuntnFish603

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • If I can hunt it, or fish it....I'M THERE!
« Reply #59 on: Jan 06, 2020, 01:21 PM »

Agreed, I’m under the belief the odds are now even lower because there is one less lol! It’s like when I shoot a big buck and guys try to go right there, guess what pal? There’s one less than even yesterday.

However there is a vast population who you can’t drive that home too
It's a Shame that this is true these days. If the location is disclosed there would be tons of idiots headed there thinking that there's 20 more of it's brothers that big in that exact spot. Doesn't make any sense to me.
Like others have said, those monsters are probably in every other big water in the state. They're too dumb to realize they'd have a better chance just staying where theyre already fishing.
- In every walk with nature, every hunt, every fishing trip....one receives far more than he seeks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.