Author Topic: Tunsten jig takes out 2 teeth - Tungsten proven dangerous  (Read 3543 times)

Offline esox_xtm

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • It's Showtime!
Re: Tunsten jig takes out 2 teeth - Tungsten proven dangerous
« Reply #30 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:03 AM »
wait till you got to yank one out of a tree branch it's like a wrist rocket just fired at you

Evergreens are the worst! Wrist rocket indeed... DUCK!
To fish or not to fish? That's a stupid question!

“Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality.”― Lewis Carroll

Offline Ravo Himself

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:29 AM »
Anybody who has ever fished the salmon runs out of the great lakes has seen this happen all the time. Is nothing to see people walking back to the truck with blood dripping down their face from weights flying back at them
The BIG one is just one flag away!

Species caught : largemouth, smallmouth,  bluegill, perch, White perch, crappie, trout, catfish, bowfin, pickerel, pike

-Ryan-

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:33 AM »
For the very latest gear for fishing safety:

You have been warned.

Now you know...
Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Salmonquest

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "I once killed a gopher with a stick"
« Reply #33 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:37 AM »
rofl!!

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:43 AM »
Seriously, it isn't too difficult to imagine a kind-hearted and "caring"politician mandating fishing helmets.

Fishing helmets are necessary to prevent the self-inflicted (and otherwise) atrocities that routinely happen in fishing.

Arguments for bicycle helmets started someplace. The choice is yours!

This:

OR

This:

Perhaps we should delete this thread and prevent such ideas... ::)

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Bigassbassman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • New home, MA-->CO
« Reply #35 on: Dec 17, 2019, 08:54 AM »
Flags up, gentlemen!!!

Offline SLAYERFISH

• Team IceShantyholic
Love Me or Hate Me-
All Metal all the Time!

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:21 AM »
A guy in Jersey died from a sinker once pulling it out of a snag, right through the eye... ???

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:25 AM »
A guy in Jersey died from a sinker once pulling it out of a snag, right through the eye... ???

Man Killed by Fishing weight

A Roosevelt man died yesterday after a freak accident while on a fishing outing with his family last week.

Jaime Chicas, 21, was fishing off a jetty at the west end of Jones Beach on Friday when his 3-ounce lead sinker came out of the water and hit him in the face and then lodged in his brain.

"Suddenly, we saw him laying on the rocks," said Jose Gonzalez, 30, Chicas' brother-in-law. Gonzalez and his cousin, who both had been fishing with Chicas, ran over to find Chicas bleeding from his head.

"We never could have imagined this," Gonzalez said through an interpreter.

The trio had gone fishing a few times before and visited the beach often, Gonzalez said. While the sun set, Chicas kept fishing, as the others began packing their belongings. As Gonzalez and his cousin walked toward the beach, they heard Chicas make a whimpering noise behind them.

After looking at X-rays, doctors at Nassau University Medical Center, where Chicas was taken, saw that the sinker of Chicas' fishing pole had just missed his right eye and entered his head at the bridge in his nose. The momentum of the weight continued across the middle of his brain into the back left side of his head, where it stopped, neurologist Imran Wahedna said.

"There was so much force that it kept going and it lodged through the back of his head," Wahedna said of the lead sinker. "The trauma was simply too severe."

Chicas was pronounced brain-dead at 2 p.m. yesterday, from severe head trauma and herniation, Wahedna said.

Wahedna and New York Fishing Tackle Trade Association president Gene Young all said they had never seen anything similar to Chicas' injury.

"This has to be a one-in-a-billion thing," Young said.

https://www.upi.com/Top_News/2008/07/30/Fisherman-hit-in-face-with-sinker-dies/71791217450792/

A helmet would have saved his life for sure.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:33 AM »
Here is one beyond Helmet protection.

I am CERTAIN that a Striker Suit would have done its duty protecting this arm, had he worn one.

I maintain that this is a hidden feature of all Floating suits that never really gets mentioned in their advertising.

Soon, however, these suits will also be mandated by "caring" politicians and corrupt suit manufacturers citing data like that below.

Veritas Odium Parit

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē F˙Sh
« Reply #40 on: Dec 17, 2019, 09:41 AM »
Gunflint reminded me of a story.
Three of us were Steelhead fising in Idaho.
Buddy was trying to get something out of a zippered dry bag, zipper was stuck so he had the bright idead to grab the zipper with his Leatherman.
Gave it a good tug, zipper broke and he poked himself in the side of the nose with his leatherman. Lots of blood, and teasing about having 3 nose holes now.
Next trip down I brought along one of those clear face shields you would use if your doing a lot of grinding with an angle grinder where sparks could get down your collar easy.
I put it on and stood right next to 3 nose hole buddy while he was fishing. Took him a bit to look over and see what i was wearing, he wasnt impressed. Me and my other buddy laughed our  balls off though :)

Offline Gunflint

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 17, 2019, 10:59 AM »
Here is a real life fishing helmet for the war against Asian carp.

Peroria Carp Hunters take fighting invasives to a new level...Hear that you diehards in Maine??

Veritas Odium Parit

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.