Author Topic: furniture for a shanty?  (Read 12155 times)

hali-man

Re: furniture for a shanty?
« Reply #30 on: Oct 28, 2006, 06:13 AM »
Why do you guys need all that crap?  :cookoo:

All I need are some friends, a few beers, and a good time.

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #31 on: Oct 30, 2006, 12:49 PM »
I think the easiest way to manage the "furniture" situation is simply build benches.  They are cheap easy somewhat comefortable and can pull double duty.

The bench on the left is enclosed with a flip up seat, good for gear and all the out of sight out of mind things for those would be thieves.  The bench on the right is open face to store firewood.

Now, if you have the space, couches are nice.  As for tunes or tv, I always have the radio on a little bit of background noise is good, as for the TV, gotta admit, a few times last year we had the dish hooked up, but only on important game days or whatever.

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline pro50guy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 01, 2006, 10:49 PM »
the fold up tp benches are nice, i found that for moveable seats kiddie furniture works good if your not to large
"you can pick your nose and your friends can pick there nose, but you cant pick your friends nose"-john fickel     "equal opportunity for everyone special treatment for no one"-jesse james

Offline OLD19

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #33 on: Nov 09, 2006, 12:34 AM »
When I built my shack I used old theater seats. Mount them between your wall studs and when your not using them flip em up. Gives you more room to move around the shack and when you need a seat flip it down. It's been six years and no problems yet.

Offline Muskie Nut

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 09, 2006, 01:33 AM »
It's all about the fishin...friends and family
The only table in mine is big enough to hold my space heater, and the window frames double as can/cup holders.  The buckets for seats works for me.  You don't want to be too comfortable or you'd never get up to de-ice the holes and check your bait on those slow days.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline brujharr

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 09, 2006, 09:21 PM »
Sluggo! Your shack is wider, than the length of mine! It's has to be SWEET!!  :thumbsup:

Offline BlackIce

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Addict
  • R U Scared?
« Reply #36 on: Nov 10, 2006, 01:28 AM »
sweet shack sluggo.  We use folding chairs and if we need a table we bring out a card table.  I keep a tv tray in it that I can put jigs, lantern, etc on.  Been thinking about a cot for them all nighters although I can just sleep in the back of the vehicle.
R.I.P. Grandpa D. 1-6-10

Offline Sluggo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • On the ice it's twice as nice!
« Reply #37 on: Nov 13, 2006, 05:20 PM »
Sluggo! Your shack is wider, than the length of mine! It's has to be SWEET!!  :thumbsup:
sweet shack sluggo.  We use folding chairs and if we need a table we bring out a card table.  I keep a tv tray in it that I can put jigs, lantern, etc on.  Been thinking about a cot for them all nighters although I can just sleep in the back of the vehicle.

Thanks Lads.  This was my 4th shack in 6 years.  Slowly we are getting it where we want it to be. 

We also have a card table (folding legs) that is screwed to the ceiling when not in use.  Easy and out of the way!!

Lombardy, Ontario, Canada

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #38 on: Nov 17, 2006, 01:22 AM »
Sitting here reading all this just brought on thing to mind mount an upper kitchen cabinet to the wall at floor level add a small table top and you have a table that doubles as a liqour cabinet  ;D ;D ;D

Offline Quack_Attack

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Nov 26, 2006, 10:52 AM »
Heck, if I'm goin' out for an all-dayer in my DX 4000, I take a small ac-dc TV and my Black and Decker Electromate, 'specially on Sat. and Sun during football season. A few foldup camp chairs and buckets suffice for furniture. Sometimes a small propane grill for cookin' Brats.

A small radio with earphones helps pass the time on slow days when fishin' alone in my Trap. Nuttin' like talk radio and bitin' bluegills.  ;) ::)

"If a man is standing in the middle of a forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong?"
- - George Carlin

Offline Mainedog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Nov 27, 2006, 08:52 PM »
I need a very good, light weight folding chair for my shack.  I have some lower back issues, and need a solid, flat seat (no jokes), with a seat back that is almost 90 degrees from the seat.  I'd like something lightweight, sturdy, aluminum framed, and not too expensive.  Any suggestions? 

The little folding stools with no back (fabric seat) are a no go with my back.  I'm thinking about building something.

The best chair I have is an old, wooden folding chair.  A bit heavy, but the best thing I've found.

Thanks in advance.
MD.

Offline Incognito

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice... must find Ice.
« Reply #41 on: Nov 27, 2006, 10:37 PM »
I picked up a metal framed, black plastic seat from our K-mart for 7.99.  I think it is made by costco or something close.  Light weight, sturdy, and easy on the back.

Inc

Official Iron-Man / Ice Geek / Ice Shirt of the MIRC
aka - Carnage-meister

Offline snopro31

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Nov 27, 2006, 10:40 PM »
a friend and i cut a couch in half, built a new side and but that in the shack.  it is very comfortable.  i almost fall asleep in the shack.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #43 on: Nov 28, 2006, 06:41 AM »
Time to build a bench in my hard side. I was useing a bench seat out of a van,but had to give it back to the owner,lol. I want to build one that I  can use for storage,with a lock.

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Nov 28, 2006, 01:08 PM »
I'm not a huge fan of making my life more easy and compfortable on the ice...with me its kind of like camping i like to rough it, but thats me..

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #45 on: Nov 28, 2006, 01:32 PM »

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline saranacjoe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Nov 28, 2006, 02:54 PM »
We put folding chairs in are shanty. Plus over the summer we added a CD player for some music.

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #48 on: Nov 28, 2006, 06:49 PM »
all i have in my shack is a bench and a stove...perfect place for me to relax up in the northern forests all alone...really peaceful

Offline guntherkuchta

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 12, 2007, 06:36 PM »
Pool table ;D dart board and a bunk bed is all you need (wish i had all that in my house)

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #50 on: Jan 12, 2007, 06:48 PM »
what about something like this:

http://www.rubbermaid.com/rubbermaid/product/product.jhtml?prodId=HPProd150037

I am useing a tool box out of a pic up. Comfy for the first 10 minutes,after that my back is screeming for mercy. I need lower back support!!! Been useing a rolled up blanket until I get time to construct somthing.

Offline tbirdbassr

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • illinois
« Reply #51 on: Jan 12, 2007, 07:27 PM »
here's what I haul all my stuff in http://www.thinking-outside.com/SmartBin.php

Offline Hard_H2O

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Jan 15, 2007, 08:07 AM »
I am useing a tool box out of a pic up. Comfy for the first 10 minutes,after that my back is screeming for mercy. I need lower back support!!! Been useing a rolled up blanket until I get time to construct somthing.

You need something like one of these:
http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/bleacherback.html

http://www.sportsunlimitedinc.com/stadiumseats1.html

http://www.sitincomfort.com/stadiumseats.html

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.