Author Topic: Loading/Unloading Flip Over issue  (Read 6212 times)

Offline P-Wo

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Loading/Unloading Flip Over issue
« Reply #30 on: Dec 22, 2019, 09:15 PM »
Like beast said earlier I also bought the 2500 winch from harbor freight for $60 and have it anchored in the back of the truck. It has a remote for operation so I’m free to move around if needed. My sled slides right up two 2x6’s into the bed so easy it’s ridiculous. I also use it to load deer for me too. 😁 it’s removable/portable so I usually put it in in October and remove it in April.

If I learn how to attach a video I will post it in action.

Offline Sylvanboat

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 23, 2019, 06:35 AM »
I drive an Explorer. I built this ramp to load/unload my flipover. The ramp has string to attach to metal loops in the  Explorer bed to prevent the ramp from slipping.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #32 on: Dec 23, 2019, 08:27 AM »
i unload the flip over tub, then stand centered and close to the opening and have the tub to the side with the back of it facing me, i grab the seat brackets towards the middle attached to the tub and pull it up and onto my legs above the knee with the front still on the ground,  then lean back and lift it all, then i swivel all of it to the opening and then set it in.

this allows your legs to do the lifting.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #33 on: Dec 23, 2019, 08:28 AM »
I recently made a ramp from a 2' x 8", I add PVC trim on the edges to reduce friction and wear and tear on the Fish Trap tub, it works like a charm. By time I pull my Fish Trap up the ramp and pick up the bottom, it only has to ride on about a foot of the ramp and pops right into the bed of the truck. Drilled a few holes into the ramp to lighten it up a little. A pair of ramps come in handy too. 
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.