Author Topic: Ice auger longevity?  (Read 3552 times)

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Ice auger longevity?
« Reply #30 on: Aug 27, 2018, 08:49 PM »
I beat the snot out of my nicad 18V DeWalt for 15 years professionally, rain or shine, it still works great, except for the batteries, which if I wanted I could rebuild..

Most of the guys on here are only using these drills for ice augers, at that rate, they most certainly should out last at least the batteries, unless they're trying to turn too big a bit for the drill...

<°)))>{

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #31 on: Aug 28, 2018, 03:03 PM »
Nothing you buy these days will last like things of the past....because.....pl astic.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #32 on: Aug 28, 2018, 03:11 PM »
I agree..plastic and cheaply made parts.along with crap metals..

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Aug 28, 2018, 04:25 PM »
First Milwaukee Fuel (725 in/ln) I ever put on a Clam plate is still going strong probably been a good 6 or 7 years now. Hard to tell how many 7" holes that old girl has popped through the hard deck. I sold it to a buddy to build my current 2704-20 with a 8" Mora. I have built alot of these (probably 20+) and have had not 1 issue with ANY of them.... Thats saying something. So if your looking for economical and durable. I think the Milwaukee- Mora- Clam is hard to beat...

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #34 on: Aug 29, 2018, 03:15 PM »
I have found the problem is when the batterys finally wear out it is cheaper to buy a new latest and greatest drill that comes with 2 new batterys than to buy 2 new batterys for a old drill.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2018, 04:07 PM »
I have found the problem is when the batterys finally wear out it is cheaper to buy a new latest and greatest drill that comes with 2 new batterys than to buy 2 new batterys for a old drill.

Unless you own rigid with the lsa on the drill and batteries.. even then up grades are nice..

Offline Shack man Shoney

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Sep 04, 2018, 04:11 PM »

I agree that batteries are expensive to buy new, but I believe Milwaukee has the best batteries on the market. I have a bunch of 5.0 packs at my work that look like they should be toast and they keep on delivering charge after charge. I'm  always upgrading, and so much of my new stuff is coming with new packs so I never have any trouble with my batteries at home. Its just been a very nice platform to build drill augers from.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.