New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Anyone catching pike in Renshaw Bay?  (Read 4292 times)

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Anyone catching pike in Renshaw Bay?
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:46 AM »
Billy,
You da man!!!

Doncha love technology.  Thanks for the info. I was planning on heading up there this pm.  Now I have a starting point.  Thanks again.

Offline jo-jos_jigs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2006, 08:58 PM »
Anyone got anything for Renshaw today? Thanks

Offline TaterSalad

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2006, 11:29 AM »
Anyone got anything for Renshaw today? Thanks
Was there yesterday PM.  No Pike.  I think we were too shallow. 5-6 fow.  Wind was brutal so we didn't move much.  Wind also kept us from talking to others on the ice to see how they were doing.  Got into some gills though.  About 25 keepers and probably threw that many dinks back.  Crazy perch the size of my finger would hit once in a while.  They were so small you almost could not feel them on the line.  They were smaller than the shiners we were using for the pike.  Ice was good.  easily 12" solid and black. 

Offline baginwal

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2006, 04:08 PM »
Tater:

I love your avatar..............BI G MEAN JACK! ;D
No Politics............Ju st Fish!

billybono

« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2006, 08:47 PM »
Was there yesterday PM.  No Pike.  I think we were too shallow. 5-6 fow.  Wind was brutal so we didn't move much.  Wind also kept us from talking to others on the ice to see how they were doing.  Got into some gills though.  About 25 keepers and probably threw that many dinks back.  Crazy perch the size of my finger would hit once in a while.  They were so small you almost could not feel them on the line.  They were smaller than the shiners we were using for the pike.  Ice was good.  easily 12" solid and black. 

caught our 2 in 4 and 5 fow, bait 6 inches under the ice.....thats how i fish at first and last ice, and only did it like that because the pond was open water for a while and took a chance . had some in 14 fow that didnt get hit all day.......wierd winter ;)

billybono

Offline martinez1321

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Mario
« Reply #35 on: Mar 06, 2006, 09:27 AM »
billy, i go to sandy pond often and i usually slay the pike out there  on 3-4 i went out fished the central saloon tournament, caught pike of 24, 28, 29, 31 inches, and about 45-55 blue gills, 2 perch.  I cannot find the crappie out there but i hear the big bite is at night for those.

billybono

« Reply #36 on: Mar 07, 2006, 07:49 PM »
fished it for a few hours this afternoon, got a 24 and 26 . missed almost 10 more, i assume there mouths were smaller than there stomachs. no pike on the jig rods. didnt bother with the panfish, got all i need in the freezer.  we were looking for pike in 2-4 feet above weeds, near spawning areas(ie reeds/swamp) , bait between 6 in and a foot   under the ice

always more room for essox though  ;)

OH AND THIS WAS A NICE SIGHT TO SEE IN THE PARKING LOT  >:( >:( >:( >:(

not to mention trash, beer cans , and other rubbish all over the ice. just like my first trip  ::) ::) ::)  cute guys
               billybono

Offline Raaven

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 08, 2006, 08:04 AM »
Sorry you had to see that in the parking lot. The real question is....Did you leave it there for the next guy to see?

billybono

« Reply #38 on: Mar 08, 2006, 09:28 AM »
the real answer was it was left for the dec to see. i called the tips hotline and was told to leave it for them. not to mention removal was impossible, they were frozen into the mud

billybono

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.