The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Best lures for laker?  (Read 5046 times)

Offline Light liner

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Rather be judged by 12 then carried by 6.
Re: Best lures for laker?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2018, 06:46 PM »
Peace?
Champlain
Memphremagog

Offline spot

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Jan 13, 2018, 07:59 AM »
Peace?

I'm a child of the 60s.

Peace, love and fish. :)
May the fish be with you.

Randy

Offline paddock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 13, 2018, 08:22 AM »
I think I’ve exclusively caught lakers on white tubes over the past 3 years targeting them. I’ve also had much better luck when I filet a shiner and put a slab on the hook, skin side up. All the tips I’ve learned here (thanks guys!). Bounce your jig on the bottom a few times, pause, bounce again then start reeling up, pause, jig, reel up, pause, jig, drop down a few feet, etc etc. you’ll get hit a bunch on the drop, so be ready for that too!

Depth seems to be at the whim of the fish. 2 years ago on Caspian, everything I caught was in 60’-80’. Last year, I was only lucky in 40’ or less.

I tied a few of my own bucktails on 1/2oz white jig heads to try out next weekend, and I can’t wait!

Offline David Vadnais

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • My passion?ICE FISHING
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2018, 11:41 PM »
I think I’ve exclusively caught lakers on white tubes over the past 3 years targeting them. I’ve also had much better luck when I filet a shiner and put a slab on the hook, skin side up. All the tips I’ve learned here (thanks guys!). Bounce your jig on the bottom a few times, pause, bounce again then start reeling up, pause, jig, reel up, pause, jig, drop down a few feet, etc etc. you’ll get hit a bunch on the drop, so be ready for that too!

Depth seems to be at the whim of the fish. 2 years ago on Caspian, everything I caught was in 60’-80’. Last year, I was only lucky in 40’ or less.

I tied a few of my own bucktails on 1/2oz white jig heads to try out next weekend, and I can’t wait!

Thanks paddock for yours informations.
Very interesting!
David Vadnais

Offline pikeaddict

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 15, 2018, 08:10 AM »
I would add lipless crankbaits to the list.

I have had good luck with the 1/2oz Koppers LiveTarget Golden Shiner on Champlain Lakers.  They are LOUD.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.