The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Venango/Crawford  (Read 2699 times)

Offline Storms Brewin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Venango/Crawford
« Reply #30 on: Dec 26, 2017, 11:52 AM »
Planner - I've been fishing for specks and grays for the last 15 years down here. We're fortunate enough to have just purchased a house on the Island.

Certainly not as cold as up north, but still chilly for down here. Sunny and about 42 degrees.

The report you read from Teach's Lair is aged from early December. I don't believe that the shop is open much after Thanksgiving , but John still posts some occasional reports. He is a good guy and loves to chase the trout. Sounds like a real good trout bite in November.

Here is a report for you, as others on this post might not care. Fished Ramp 43 and 44 Christmas afternoon and this morning. Best fishing in a hole near the Cape Hatteras Lighthouse and south of the lighthouse jetties. Lots of undersized specks and a few gray trout mixed in. White 4" curly tail grub and green/grey 5" paddletail seemed to work best for me.

You have to catch 15-20 trout to get a keeper (14"), but still a lot of fun. Wind died down a bit today (5-10 mph). Fish being caught on both sides of the low tide. Water looks clean and green. Hope it will stay that way, despite the wind being forecast to increase the next few days. Hope to report a bit more over the next few days.

Stay warm everyone! Ice is on the way...

Offline planner47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2017, 03:07 PM »
glad to hear you are into the trout. the weather is iceeee cold here. Erie got over 50" in 2 days. hope it stays north. might be fishable ice when you get back.
Be careful and a life jacket and JESUS IS A GREAT SAVING COMBINATION!!

Chute82

« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2017, 04:48 PM »
I’m a beagle guy and that name sounds familiar...did he belong to one of the Beagle Clubs?  I belong to Erie County for 20+ years...

Offline Oneflagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2017, 05:14 PM »
Ya he was a member of rainbow and I was a member of oil Creek and even judged a few trials around the area

Chute82

« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2017, 05:22 PM »
Know a ton of guys at Rainbow and oil creek... If you have Judged at Erie I’m sure I know you since I have been the field trial secretary for 20 years..

Offline Oneflagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 26, 2017, 05:33 PM »
Nope never judged up that way and I was only about 17 18 when I was big into it but due to my dads health have not been into it for some time

Offline smally hunter

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:19 PM »
You would know my uncle then I'd bet . Sam Tate ring a bell

Offline Oneflagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:33 PM »
I do know your uncle and I think I have fished with him befor

Offline Oneflagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2017, 04:32 PM »
Any body know how wilhelm held up

Offline Coonhunter34

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 27, 2017, 07:10 PM »
I was at Wilhelm on Sunday and around the marina had maybe an inch if crap and there was alot of open water  my guess is the wind opened alot more up but most is probably locked now
Widow Maker Lures
Western Pa Hardwater tournament series

Offline Oneflagdown

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2017, 08:36 PM »
Anybody know how kahle lake is doing ?

Offline gillicer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 29, 2017, 02:56 PM »
paramedic jake i see your from oil city so am i i am looking for a fishing buddy to hit kahle next friday and the weekend. pm me if you guys would like to go

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.