Author Topic: Ice reports?  (Read 5266 times)

Offline JimT

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Ice reports?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 18, 2017, 10:40 AM »
You'll see the tracks and holes. I'm 300lbs also and it should be thicker after last night.

Offline Capn Ez

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 19, 2017, 10:45 AM »
Any reports on dog pond? Looking to get out tommorow morn.

Fished it Sunday.  3" of good black ice.  Probably 15 people out and only saw 4 or 5 flags all day among everyone.  Tiny pickerel (8") and nothing else.  I drilled a couple dozen holes and saw zero signs of life on the graph or the jig.  Nada.
My mission is goin' fishin'.

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Dec 19, 2017, 03:04 PM »
can't wait! after the last two years away from ct im back to the ice game!!
im aiming to chase ice friday starting in wolcott and then heading up rt 8 until i find something safe
Team Goldfish 55 :-D :-D
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #33 on: Dec 19, 2017, 03:14 PM »
15 people on dog...ouch. I have to imagine in a small place like that every finfish there went into hiding.

Offline elevatorman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Cynical people make bad friends.
« Reply #34 on: Dec 19, 2017, 04:02 PM »
JimT

I'm in Woodstock and if time permits might head over to Bigaliw.  New to area and have never fished it.  Are there any areas there  where the ice is unsafe and I should absolutely avoid?  Will hit it with a Spud bar anyway but thought I would check.
Access it on boat launch generally the safest point . Towards the road is always last to freeze . Be safe and tight lines :tipup:
A Country boy can Survive.

Offline te-pe

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 19, 2017, 04:33 PM »
hey everybody...met a friend at westside pd. he saw me pull in as he was out on the "ice" and called me to say very skechy he 's creeping off....We went to tyler.to find a bit less skechy in the morning ..but degrading with 50' weather...be safe and hope for winter to return or find them sheltered shallows

Offline octanehi5

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Work was made for people who can't fish, I'm retir
« Reply #36 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:08 AM »
After christmas we have a long stretch of very cold weather coming,should be back on before new years.All of our lakes and ponds are cold enough to freeze now

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 20, 2017, 04:22 PM »
swung by scoville on me way home, looks like 3 in some holes right off the dock, im hoping it will be safe (4-5") friday
anyone going out in the area friday and might want to link up for safety, please let me know
lifetime jigging goals:
gill-done; perch-done; crappie- done; bass- done; carp-done; catfish-done, splake-done; rainbow-done; brookie- done; pike- done; pickeral-done (29inch6.5lb); white fish-done;  laker-  ;cusk-  ;salmon-  ;walleye-

Offline jebra

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 20, 2017, 04:39 PM »
After christmas we have a long stretch of very cold weather coming,should be back on before new years.All of our lakes and ponds are cold enough to freeze now
:-\
Now the forecast is adding 5 in. of snow right in the middle of the cold snap...starting to feel like the past 2 "ice" seasons.

Offline NateD

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Dec 21, 2017, 03:26 PM »
If it is fluffy, 5 inches isn't that much.  If the forecast holds true this 2 weeks will be colder than anything we had last year. I totally get what you are saying but gotta stay positive.  ;)

Offline ctice84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 21, 2017, 06:23 PM »
So many negative Nancy’s on here lol
Positive thinking my peps!!

Offline lowaccord66

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #41 on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:05 PM »
So many negative Nancy’s on here lol
Positive thinking my peps!!

:)

Offline Spoondangler

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:28 PM »
I found significantly more ice on a local spot today then I did on sunday before the warmup. Pretty sure there is plenty of ice to carefully fish this weekend

Offline fishingabomb2006

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #43 on: Dec 22, 2017, 04:22 PM »
was a little thin but still safe on two spots i checked today in the waterbury area, be careful tomm everyone, ill be heading up to the corner again and see what i find, anyone want to team up shoot me a message
lifetime jigging goals:

Offline Shipyard

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Dec 23, 2017, 05:02 PM »
Camp Aya Po (Hurds Lake) in Somers had almost 5 inches today.
Unfortunately, also an inch of rain water sitting on top. We will see where it goes.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.