Author Topic: Under water camera  (Read 6255 times)

Offline OverUnder725

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Under water camera
« Reply #30 on: Dec 11, 2017, 10:50 AM »
Yup, pretty much the same thing we were doing except we would set up on the tailgate, my daughter was the camera girl.  I agree, when hopping a circuit of holes, flasher is the way to go, easy to deploy, grab and go.

Would it be fair to say with average lighting condition at 20' of water that the effective viewing distance of a camera would be about 6'?  I know at 3' to my lure I was able to see the action of my lure clearly and it was just about right to watch the fish approach, have a sniff then leave.  Could depend on quality of camera to I suppose.

Offline Finnegan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 13, 2017, 07:41 AM »
For me it can change from day to day but I'm usually around the 5 ft mark for distance from hook. Some days and locations on Blackstrap it can be a challenge to see at 5 ft. The majority of time it is clear enough.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing, doesn't know what a patient man she married !

Offline Hookin-fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:30 PM »

sure is fun to watch the fish hit the hook.

Offline Hookin-fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 22, 2017, 08:51 PM »
first time posting pic so one has to click on image to see it full screen..put my gopro on underwater cam.lots of fun to watch it afterwards.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 22, 2017, 11:29 PM »
My point exactly on the dvr function

Offline Hookin-fish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Dec 23, 2017, 08:43 AM »
i also have the dvr function on mine but find the gopro picks up a much wider view than camera.often i have seen fish go by that i did not see on aqua-vu..and ya u got that right, sure is fun to watch video on big screen tv with buddies and drinks afterwards..my only worry is losing gopro,had several times where pike have tried to bite camera.that was cool to see!. but no gopro on during those times.

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Dec 24, 2017, 10:49 PM »
Happy happy happy, got my upgrade camera for my Aqua Vu micro 5.  Depth and temp functions. Original is mounted in my rov.

Offline missoulafish

• Team IceShantyholic
  • TēM HîPē FÿSh
« Reply #37 on: Dec 24, 2017, 10:56 PM »
Has anyone figured out how to edit/manipulate Marcum video after it is pulled of the Recons?

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Dec 25, 2017, 09:00 PM »
King size fishing camera.  Aqua Vu for real time video, go pro knock off for more video recording. Thrusters for up,dn, fwd, rev, will turn around in it's own length. On a 100 ft tether to the control/video box.  Didn't want to remove the Aua Vu camera head so ordered the upgraded version for the Micro 5 this ice season.

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Dec 26, 2017, 09:44 AM »
That's an awesome unit MB. Homebuilt?

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Dec 26, 2017, 02:09 PM »
Yup, home brew.  Checked out some tube vids and commercially available ones, lot of sittin' n thinkin'     Commercial ones started around $5k US, kinda nixes that idea. I like building stuff, so came up with this.  Has negative bouyancy so I can just park it in one spot without constant vertical thruster operation. Does kick up a lot of silt though. Video is great, not as good as Discovery channel, but good enough for me.

Offline OverUnder725

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Dec 26, 2017, 04:26 PM »
That is awesome, great job!

Offline AndyJ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 26, 2017, 04:44 PM »
A dedicated thread with pics of the details of construction and videos of it in use would be very interesting to a lot of people....   ;)

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:04 PM »
I have a short vid on facebook, can that be posted or linked somehow?  Didn't really take any pics of construction.

Online hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #44 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:11 PM »
I have a short vid on facebook, can that be posted or linked somehow?  Didn't really take any pics of construction.

Right Click on your FB video ...copy the URL and paste here
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline metalbender

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 26, 2017, 08:57 PM »
Trying the video. Crappy as it is, gives an idea on control
https://www.facebook.com/fred.hinck.9/videos/10155385682423518/

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.