Author Topic: Lake James today  (Read 5262 times)

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Lake James today
« Reply #30 on: Mar 04, 2006, 07:06 PM »
The ice is still good. The bite was not so hot,but at least you can still get out and fish. I'll be there tommorrow.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #31 on: Mar 04, 2006, 10:36 PM »
Taxi,

Dont say I am a diehard.  If my fiance gets on here and sees that then I will have a lot of i told you so's.  Hell I would love to move to Alaska.  My job wouldnt like that idea and my fiance would really not like that idea. I dont know if I am a diehard or not.  I been to Canada 3 times now.  I dont think I could live in Canada though.  Beer is to expensive.  I been to upper Michigan 3 times.  I put a lot of miles on the Bravada trying to find ice.  The thing that sucks is that since I coach high school bball the busiest time of coaching is November and December.  Well we had great ice in the first part of December but I was to busy to get out.  Well since I only coach freshman we are not practicing as much and not having as many games later in the season.  So I have more time.  By how December started I thought we would have a foot of ice by Feb.  The thing is by Christmas break the lakes were wide open.  I only got out 4 times before the end of Feb in Indiana.  I been out 12 days 20 times the past 2 weeks.  I am trying to make up for it.  I probably will get out a few more times.  I am not a big fan of taking a bath so I will have to see how the ice is holding up.

Yogi

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Taxi,

Dont say I am a diehard.  If my fiance gets on here and sees that then I will have a lot of i told you so's.  Hell I would love to move to Alaska.  My job wouldnt like that idea and my fiance would really not like that idea. I dont know if I am a diehard or not.  I been to Canada 3 times now.  I dont think I could live in Canada though.  Beer is to expensive.  I been to upper Michigan 3 times.  I put a lot of miles on the Bravada trying to find ice.  The thing that sucks is that since I coach high school bball the busiest time of coaching is November and December.  Well we had great ice in the first part of December but I was to busy to get out.  Well since I only coach freshman we are not practicing as much and not having as many games later in the season.  So I have more time.  By how December started I thought we would have a foot of ice by Feb.  The thing is by Christmas break the lakes were wide open.  I only got out 4 times before the end of Feb in Indiana.  I been out 12 days 20 times the past 2 weeks.  I am trying to make up for it.  I probably will get out a few more times.  I am not a big fan of taking a bath so I will have to see how the ice is holding up.

Yogi

Nope didn't say you were diehard. I'm a diehard. You're HARDCORE.  ;D

Please be careful out there. I enjoy your posts.

Speaking of good early ice early etc. I know exactly how you felt. I too was busier than a one legged man in a butt kicking contest just before Christmas (lot's of "can you get it done by Christmas"), and then I had to go to Florida for 10 days for my parents 50th anniversary which is Christmas Eve. When I got back it was downhill with ice formation. And there have been times when we got first ice around Christmas and had to go visit my mother-in-law.

One thing I've learned this season. I will appreciate the first ice more and get my butt out there ASAP as we don't know how long it will last.

BTW, I've got plate glass thick ice on the ponds this morning. I think this may be the sixth freeze and thaw! Maybe more six times. I've lost track.  :%$#!:

I see it will be in the upper 50's to 60's by late next week. Bye bye ice.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline Yogi

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2006, 06:11 PM »
I am going up to michigan tomorrow.  I am going about a hour north of Angola.  I dont know if I will do any good.  I know one thing it will sure feel good to get out on the ice.  I am ready to get the boat out though Taxi.  Good luck to you.

Yogi

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.