Author Topic: Fire on ice-- need a fire pit  (Read 18169 times)

Offline Skipper

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
Re:Fire on ice-- need a fire pit
« Reply #30 on: Nov 21, 2006, 05:47 PM »
"I have talked to our area warden here in oshkosh wi. I'am told that you can have a fire-burn down your shack-but must pick up the mess.Whatever does not burn includeing ashes-you must remove"

Why the hell would someone burn there shack down? Whats the ressoning for this?

Guys used to just drag some materials on the ice and throw something up. When the season was over, instead of removing it, it became a last ice fishing trip bon fire. I haven't seen this done in a few years though. I guess materials are getting too pricey.

Offline Meatro14

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Fire on ice-- need a fire pit
« Reply #31 on: Dec 07, 2006, 11:04 AM »
take an old tobacco can...stick a roll of toilet paper into it (should fit snug) then poor some wood alcohol on it then light up...should burn and keep you warm for the day

Offline ski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Dec 07, 2006, 09:43 PM »
I cut the ends off of 2 bar-b-q propane tanks ,welded the tanks together,cut a door in 1 end and a hole for chimeny in other cut top off of about 3/4's of finished unit and welded a 1/4 plate over it,added legs .Now i have a nice little wood stove ,can us in hut for heat and cooking on.I don't know about the rest of you but there's something about havin wood heat while on the ice that just feels right.Would also like to say hi to all of u I'm a new member who found this site by accident.Wish i would have found it years ago  Its GREAT

Offline ski

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Dec 07, 2006, 09:46 PM »
Think I put my reply to firepit post in wrong place ,What i have is meant for inside ice shanty

Offline sled-in

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 08, 2006, 09:47 AM »
washing machine spiner tub, it has the holes, burns good, I made a stand using two discs (from farm inplament) and a piece of pipe. I enjoy having a fire, here it is no problem to have a fire on the ice (the CO last winter said nothing), as to why I want a fire? this is ice fishing, it is cold. and hauling wood is no problem if you drive your truck onto the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.