New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: New Boat  (Read 7734 times)

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: New Boat
« Reply #30 on: Feb 17, 2006, 06:56 AM »

Hey thats a nice old Egg....Goin for a little more speed with the new one??
exactly

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Feb 17, 2006, 07:08 AM »
exactly

Awesome....we fish on a 42' Bruno in Montauk and that thing cralws with its 350...what boats are you looking at? Boy there some nice ones out there...

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Feb 17, 2006, 07:42 AM »
Robb,the color is black,the lettering is a cream to light brown color,it says 18 xd on the shaft.Also the set-up to put it in gear is totally different than any other outboard tiller i've seen.there is no lever to put it in forward or reverse on the motor itself.it is all done on the tiller handle.

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Feb 17, 2006, 08:32 AM »
what boats are you looking at? Boy there some nice ones out there...
Cabo.....mabye a newer egg

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #34 on: Feb 17, 2006, 01:07 PM »
Anybody have any luck with Mariner's? I think they are Merc's???

Offline Scales and Tails

• IceShanty Rookie
  • FLAG!!!!!
« Reply #35 on: Feb 17, 2006, 01:30 PM »
I have a 2004 Johnson 9.9 4 stroke on my 22' Aquasport it purr's like a kitten. Push's that boat no problem.

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 17, 2006, 02:25 PM »
Anybody have any luck with Mariner's? I think they are Merc's???

DO NOT get a mariner....had one and it was nothing but problems

crowkiller

« Reply #37 on: Feb 17, 2006, 02:26 PM »
give up on the boat we still have hard water to fish for a little while

Offline stoned_carver

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 20, 2006, 11:07 PM »
im going to stick with my decked out kayak ;D
What kind of kayak do you fish out of.I have a real nice polarKraft for the big water but I'm looking for a nice small water fishing craft.Because I need something I can handle alone I'm leaning towards a kayak.So far I'm liking the Old Town Predator 13 but I'd like to hear about what your floating in Thanx

Offline Jama1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jumbo Perch Nut!
« Reply #39 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:12 AM »
Mariners plain suck! They are just a money pit for repair cost. >:(

Robb, I have a 16 ft FMC alumiun boat almost like what your buying with a 25 hp Merc tiller on her. Both are 1985's and the motor has the gear shift on the tiller. That motor pushes her around with 3 people like its nothing. I keep saying that one of these days I'll ski behind her. But anyways, I wouldn't even think about trading my set up. I don't think your going wrong with the 20 hp Merc or the boat. Have fun on the soft water!
People should educate themselfs before speaking, instead of speaking and showing their mentality.

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #40 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:20 AM »
I picked up the boat yesterday ;D, really nice set up now I just have to shop for a motor but I have some time before ice out. I'll stay away from the Mariner!! Thanks for all the input.

Robb :tipup:

Offline Bluefinforme

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Feb 21, 2006, 07:52 AM »
Mariners plain suck! They are just a money pit for repair cost. >:(

Robb, I have a 16 ft FMC alumiun boat almost like what your buying with a 25 hp Merc tiller on her. Both are 1985's and the motor has the gear shift on the tiller. That motor pushes her around with 3 people like its nothing. I keep saying that one of these days I'll ski behind her. But anyways, I wouldn't even think about trading my set up. I don't think your going wrong with the 20 hp Merc or the boat. Have fun on the soft water!
mercs are good

Offline willbilly

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • ONTARIO NEW YORK
« Reply #42 on: Feb 21, 2006, 08:00 AM »
I bought a  new 20' Lund ,115 4stroke with trailer in Canada about 3 years ago! With the exchange rate and only having to pay taxes boat and trailer when registering in NY, it was a smokin deal!!

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 22, 2006, 03:22 PM »
Thats weird,I had a 15hp Mariner and it ran great.My friend liked it so much he pestered me to sell it to him.
I never did a whole lot of maintenance on it either.

Offline Jama1983

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Jumbo Perch Nut!
« Reply #44 on: Feb 22, 2006, 03:36 PM »
Thats good to here that somebody had a decent Mariner, In my mind the only thing worst is a Chrysler
People should educate themselfs before speaking, instead of speaking and showing their mentality.

Offline Medic118

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 22, 2006, 03:51 PM »
What can you expect to pay for a boat like you just got.

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #46 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:13 PM »
What can you expect to pay for a boat like you just got.

I paid $1,900 for the boat and trailer, the boat is a 2005 leftover and the trailer is a 2006. Very good price from what other one's I have seen and Starcraft has a little bit thicker aluminum compared to other's I looked at.

billybono

« Reply #47 on: Feb 22, 2006, 08:58 PM »
I paid $1,900 for the boat and trailer, the boat is a 2005 leftover and the trailer is a 2006. Very good price from what other one's I have seen and Starcraft has a little bit thicker aluminum compared to other's I looked at.

thats an excelent price :)     that rig should serve you well for years to come

billybono

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #48 on: Feb 28, 2006, 10:06 AM »
Well today I bought a 1997 Evinrude 4stroke 15hp for $1200 bucks, it's in great condition with a 30 day (starting in May) warranty. I've had a couple Evinrudes in the past but never a 4 stroke, anybody have one??

Offline Hood

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #49 on: Mar 01, 2006, 06:57 AM »
Awesome! now your gonna really have to come find some lakers near my camp this spring....I think I know a good starting point  ;)

Offline centerplayer7987

• IceShanty Rookie
  • im addicted to fishing
« Reply #50 on: Mar 01, 2006, 07:29 AM »
very nice boat rob! i have a smaller boat... i got it mostly for bass and musky/Pike fishing through the summer. I had a blast in it last yr. Its a Basshunter Pontoon boat. It can go just about anywhere. anywhere you can get with a canoe. just put the trolling motor in the boat and pull it through the swamp.. ;) lol
ive had to do that a couple times. :P i gotta get ready for some early trout fishing up in the Adirondacs..
~Josh was here;)

Offline Robb

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Secret Spot
« Reply #51 on: Mar 01, 2006, 07:45 AM »
Awesome! now your gonna really have to come find some lakers near my camp this spring....I think I know a good starting point  ;)
Oh yeah!! She'll be ready for fishing by April 1st, got some seats yesterday, a new shimano fishing pole at wally world the other day, the motor will be ready soon and I'm bidding on a small downrigger on ebay ;D.

We still have lots of ice to cut holes in though!!

very nice boat rob! i have a smaller boat... i got it mostly for bass and musky/Pike fishing through the summer. I had a blast in it last yr. Its a Basshunter Pontoon boat. It can go just about anywhere. anywhere you can get with a canoe. just put the trolling motor in the boat and pull it through the swamp.. ;) lol
ive had to do that a couple times. :P i gotta get ready for some early trout fishing up in the Adirondacs..

Thanks. Can't wait for some nice Adk trips!!

Offline PikerDude

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Mar 01, 2006, 06:10 PM »
Thats a killer rig Robb! BTW is the boat a 14' or a 16'?Do the rear seats have storage or a livewell in them?.
My buddy has a Lowe 14' with a split center seat.One side is a livewell and the other is storage.I wish my Grumman was set up like that.
Good luck!

Offline ice junkies

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • If you wana catch more fish, go more often
« Reply #53 on: Mar 01, 2006, 07:44 PM »
speaking of new boats i think i got pretty lucky last year, my dads neighbor gave yes gave him a boat, so my bro and me took him on lake Erie for some perch fishing and the poor old guy got all sea sick on us, so basically the boat is pretty much ours now  ;D ;D ;D lucky me

Offline kirkwooders

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Websters definition of a northern red neck.
« Reply #54 on: Mar 02, 2006, 02:43 PM »
Hey Robb,
The boat launch on the east side of Canandagua should still be ice free.  If that were my new boat and motor you can bet your bottom dollar that I would have found some open water somewhere to try her out on.  Even if it meant firing up the chain saw and cutting up the ice!!!  :thumbsup: :woot: :clap:
"There's a fine line between fishing and just sitting there looking stupid!"

Offline centerplayer7987

• IceShanty Rookie
  • im addicted to fishing
« Reply #55 on: Mar 03, 2006, 06:42 AM »
Hey Robb,
The boat launch on the east side of Canandagua should still be ice free.  If that were my new boat and motor you can bet your bottom dollar that I would have found some open water somewhere to try her out on.  Even if it meant firing up the chain saw and cutting up the ice!!!  :thumbsup: :woot: :clap:

Haha ive done that.........

only not with a chainsaw.. :-\ :o
~Josh was here;)

Offline qflies001

• IceShanty Rookie
  • fish on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #56 on: Mar 04, 2006, 12:00 PM »
ok guys 1089 17' bayliner for 1500.00 120 merc.inboard is this a good deal.wshorelander trailer

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.