The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: got a free auger - what do I have here?  (Read 5582 times)

Offline twd000

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: got a free auger - what do I have here?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 12, 2018, 08:10 AM »
Can you email me that manual my email is [email protected]

just forwarded it to you - check your email

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Grillking26

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #32 on: Jan 12, 2018, 09:46 AM »
There are many opinions on oil mixtures and everybody has their preferences. I have two augers, and old Jiffy model 30 that was grandpas(old) and an older Jiffy model 75 that has a 2hp tecumseh that looks like the same engine (early 90's). Had them both serviced at Feldman engineering in Sheboygan Falls (they manufacture Jiffy). Both have stickers that say 24:1. Asked about this and the service clerk told me to use the jiffy oil you buy and mix with 1 gal of gas which gives you 40:1. His explanation was that in the many years since theses auger were made advancements in oil technology makes this ok. Have been doin that since, about 5 years) and both run like tops no problems. Have since switched to Tru Fuel 40:1 and they rip. Tru Fuel is a lil expensive but I get it from menards and always have a 5$ rebate layin around anyways. Its cheap insurance. Tru Fuel has no ethanol and includes additives similar to seafoam. Burns real clean and makes for easier starts. Take it for what it's worth.

Offline kpd145

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Shove 'em in
« Reply #33 on: Jan 12, 2018, 12:33 PM »
I have one of those.  Got a new clutch from Strike Master a couple years ago with no problem.  I run mine at 50:1 with a good 2 cycle oil.  I couldn't open the pics, but my Mag III spins clock wise.  Jiffy's spin counter clockwise. Good luck with it!

Cant see pics but i have an older strikemaster mag 3, 10inch with chipper.

I run 50:1 after asking strikemaster.  I has gotten a carb rebuild kit online about 5 yrs ago. Cost me around 35 if i remember correctly.

My auger still runs if i needed it to. Stopped using it because it weighs a ton and i got a new lighter auger. Take care of it, mine is 18yrs old and still runs well
"Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "Wow! What a RIDE!"--Hunter S. Thompson

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.