The ice fishing ME board is sponsored by:
Visit Dags visit derby website

Author Topic: Pike Get Together  (Read 22889 times)

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Pike Get Together
« Reply #120 on: Feb 07, 2006, 10:33 PM »
Sunday WILL rock, my friends! ;D  CDC> Are you bringing yer wheeler?
No wheeler for me Bill.....I am in the same boat as you...Sleds...
I know that I will be bringing one out for sure...it has picks...the other doesn't ...so if there is no snow then it wont go to far to fast.
you still brining your grill...we are going to need a big one...we'll have to get it in Scotts trailer to get it out on the ice.

Offline Scott Wright

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Team Maine member since 2003
« Reply #121 on: Feb 08, 2006, 03:34 AM »
I may have to work Sunday Morning 'til about 11...  :-\ We're hosting an archery Tournament...

Can anyone shoot me a PM with a cell phone number I can call when I get to the lake for a lift out to the festivities?

Thanks, in advance...  :-*

Scott Wright

Offline Left Handed Model

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "I know it's backwards, I'm Left Handed..."
« Reply #122 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:22 AM »
Friends, Food, Fun......Flag......FIS H!!!  :tipup:
Mike aka: Lefty,  The Yellow Pole Guy.....

Offline ztc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #123 on: Feb 08, 2006, 08:05 AM »
sounds awsome guys cant wait to see you all there ;)

Offline MikeMunn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Flag!
« Reply #124 on: Feb 08, 2006, 09:50 AM »
This sounds like it will be a great time.  Cold weather all this week too!  I'm really looking forward to meeting all you folks.  I'll have some venison and other stuff with me, including a case of Poland Spring water.  Should be a blast!  Mike

Offline Bassbug

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #125 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:21 PM »
I have to go to a wedding :'(  Ya i know who has weddings on a sunday.  have a great time
enough is enough

Offline Mike G

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #126 on: Feb 08, 2006, 12:37 PM »
They kid derby here was moved to that Sunday - bummer.  I was really looking forward to seeing everyone.
But my kids will kill me and use me for bait if I don't stay here with them!!!!!!!
Hope you have fun - get some good photos.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #127 on: Feb 08, 2006, 04:21 PM »
i dont want to sound like a worry wart but are you guys sure theres good ice ALL over sabattus? is there any spots in particular you would have to be careful around other than inlets , outlets and brooks? ive only been one time so i dont know the lake too well. any info. is appreciated. thanks.

Offline oldfox

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #128 on: Feb 08, 2006, 05:19 PM »
i dont want to sound like a worry wart but are you guys sure theres good ice ALL over sabattus? is there any spots in particular you would have to be careful around other than inlets , outlets and brooks? ive only been one time so i dont know the lake too well. any info. is appreciated. thanks.

I'm about 7 miles from Sabattus Jacksmelt, and I have 12"-14" here on Buker Pond..looks like cold has set in for the rest of the week...

Offline Out4Trout

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Waiting for the Annual trip up North
« Reply #129 on: Feb 08, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Not sure if I can make it or not. I won't be able to get there until noon. I only have a snow machine - no 4 wheeler. I assume I can get close enough to the ice at the landing to unload my sled. How's the parking going to be at noon? Probably not too good. I'm talking my brother into coming with me. I'll just look for the biggest crowd on the ice.  ;D :thumbsup:

Offline Sir Landsalot

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #130 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:11 PM »
I'd love to be able to make it, but I'm heading to Millinocket Lake tomorrow.

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #131 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:19 PM »
Heck we might be able to drive out by the end of the week  :thumbsup:
Parking wont be a problem then. ;)2

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #132 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:21 PM »
No wheeler for me Bill.....I am in the same boat as you...Sleds...
I know that I will be bringing one out for sure...it has picks...the other doesn't ...so if there is no snow then it wont go to far to fast.
you still brining your grill...we are going to need a big one...we'll have to get it in Scotts trailer to get it out on the ice.
  It's not a huge one but it cooks good stuff. I'd bring the back yard grill but it won't fit in the Jeep. :D  I'll throw a 2x10 on the roof rack. That should make a good enough buffet table.  Will also bring the propane stove.  Wouldn't hurt to have a couple more propane stoves to keep the food warm. Uhhhh, that's assuming that the grub will stick around long enough to get cold. :o  Hey Chris: Thought of you today when Shellback and I drove by Moose Pond. Ice is looking good!

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #133 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:24 PM »
Not sure if I can make it or not. I won't be able to get there until noon. I only have a snow machine - no 4 wheeler. I assume I can get close enough to the ice at the landing to unload my sled. How's the parking going to be at noon? Probably not too good. I'm talking my brother into coming with me. I'll just look for the biggest crowd on the ice.  ;D :thumbsup:
  Or you can follow the sweet smell of sausage grilling!

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #134 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:24 PM »
gonna be moose chili i'm brewin up ............... :tipup:
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #135 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:36 PM »
  It's not a huge one but it cooks good stuff. I'd bring the back yard grill but it won't fit in the Jeep. :D  I'll throw a 2x10 on the roof rack. That should make a good enough buffet table.  Will also bring the propane stove.  Wouldn't hurt to have a couple more propane stoves to keep the food warm. Uhhhh, that's assuming that the grub will stick around long enough to get cold. :o  Hey Chris: Thought of you today when Shellback and I drove by Moose Pond. Ice is looking good!
If I had a real truck ( not an suv) I would throw the backyard grill in...
Scott you have room in your trailer for the grill??
Bill how did you guys do??? I talked to Shellback Tue and he said that you guys were hooking up....where's the picks?

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #136 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:38 PM »
Man, am I gonna be so mooosin it this Sunday. :D  Hmmm, this whole outting seems to be turning into a food fest. 8)  I did a mock packing tonight and realized that there is no room in the Jeep for any fishing gear. :D  

Offline jrelaxin

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • justrelaxin
« Reply #137 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:41 PM »
Man, am I gonna be so mooosin it this Sunday. :D  Hmmm, this whole outting seems to be turning into a food fest. 8)  I did a mock packing tonight and realized that there is no room in the Jeep for any fishing gear. :D  

AND DONUTS................ ..... ;)2
Donuts !!!!!       

Dave

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #138 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:44 PM »
Oh man, it was SAD!  Super nice conditions but the fish did not want to play. 7:00 - 11:00 with no flags. Shellback managed to get a togue interested while jigging but couldn't sink the hook.  But it was a nice ride in the country.  :D  Yeah, I suppose I could bring the big honking grill if somebody (with a truck) wanted to pick it up.  And I wouldn't even mind if it fell off the truck on the way home (got my eye on one of those stainless steel grills at Home Depot).

Offline BillB

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #139 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:45 PM »
   AND DONUTS................ ..... ;)2
  Yes, we should task somebody to stop at Krispy Kream in Ma! Hey, we must have a trucker on the site that drives by there???

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #140 on: Feb 08, 2006, 06:59 PM »
big big rdg is in mass and might be coming up  ;)

M.P.H.C. freedomfighter #000004

Offline big big rdg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pike Hunter
« Reply #141 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:02 PM »
big big rdg is in mass and might be coming up  ;)

If there was a Krispy Kream close I would have but they are outta the way ;).....Just got all my hooks for this weekend and gonna fix the shanty hitch tmra and should be ready to go if we dont get snow on sat night/sunday :-\

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
« Reply #142 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:04 PM »
thats great looking forward to seeing you. there is a storm that could either miss us or give us a foot  ::)

Offline cdc

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #143 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:08 PM »
If there was a Krispy Kream close I would have but they are outta the way ;).....Just got all my hooks for this weekend and gonna fix the shanty hitch tmra and should be ready to go if we dont get snow on sat night/sunday :-\
Shaws in Salem sells em  ;) ;) I will be down that way Sat...And I am like Dave I love Krispy Kream donuts..I dont think that they would make it till Sunday am.. :woot:

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #144 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:24 PM »
if it stays this cold will there be enough ice to drive on? or is the prob there the stream coming in?

Offline transplantfromMN

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • SKOL VIKINGS!!!
« Reply #145 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:30 PM »
We drove on the lake before the big thaw but I personally think that the warm weather made some weak spots and wouldnt do it unless I hear of plenty of others on the ice. I am still a little worried about driving on it but you never know.
Ice fishing is Gods gift to winter...

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #146 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:32 PM »
hey guys, its looking like my dad wont be able to go, is anyone going to be driving through N conway? I am looking for a ride and would be happy to pay for gas/bait/food.

lets hope I can work something out

~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Offline jacksmelt71

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #147 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:52 PM »
is n. conway north or south of sabattus? im comin down from livermore falls around 530.

Offline ifishhi

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #148 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:53 PM »
i can't wait to meet y'all . i was looking to see what should bring and unless it's a big trailor it seems like you got everything covered. but i'm sure i can come up with something...

Offline fishingonly2002

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 1st in State
« Reply #149 on: Feb 08, 2006, 07:54 PM »
N conway is a little bit east of Fryeburg Maine in NH
~Neal
Life is an art designed by those who live it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.