Author Topic: What an IDIOT!!!!  (Read 9283 times)

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: What an IDIOT!!!!
« Reply #30 on: Jan 31, 2006, 04:37 PM »
Smokers drive me nuts.  I said this in another post before "I would love to run up to a car that someone just threw a cigarette butt out of and throw it back in their window".  This angers me off. Stop littering.

I do have a funny story in that vein. I had guy from Kentucky tell me his dad used be in charge of highway clean ups using prison inmates.  Anyway one day he's driving down the road and the car in front of him starts throwing left over McDonalds refuse out the window. He knows who they are as everyone knows everyone down there. So he pulls over, picks it all up, and heads for their home. Pulls into the driveway with them looking out the window and proceeds to dump it all over thier yard. They don't say anything because they know darn well where it came from and what he does for a living.  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

Offline mike304

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Jan 31, 2006, 07:13 PM »
was out on Saratoga Lake Ny yesterday and saw a lot of this. i've always maintained that smokers are the biggest litterers in the world. over the course of a lifetime of smoking they throw away a lot of butts. just look at the shoulder of any road
A Government big enough to do anything for us is powerful enough to do anything to us!!!
All That Is Needed For Evil To Succeed Is For Good Men To Do Nothing!
Life is Tough, Its even tougher if you're Stupid!!

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Jan 31, 2006, 07:18 PM »
You know, I caught a brook trout once that had a cigarette butt in it's stomach. Considering children have been known to overdoze on nicotine by eating cigarette butts you have to wonder what this could do to an animal with a stomach even smaller then a child, or someone that eats the trout.
I live in the midwest now but have fond memories of fishing in New England as a kid.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #33 on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:05 AM »

You know, I caught a brook trout once that had a cigarette butt in it's stomach. Considering children have been known to overdoze on nicotine by eating cigarette butts you have to wonder what this could do to an animal with a stomach even smaller then a child, or someone that eats the trout.
Why the hell would a kid eat cigarette butts? ???

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Feb 01, 2006, 08:10 AM »
Why the hell would a kid eat cigarette butts? ???

Don't ask me but if they are small enough they seem to put anything in their mouths.

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
  • I'm not an icehole, but I have a buddy who is.
« Reply #35 on: Feb 01, 2006, 10:29 AM »
I do a lot of fishing myself and last year on Wamplers I must have picked up 2 cases of beer bottles, 10 1# propane cans, and countless other items. I dont mind picking it up, but it makes me think of all the **it that I wasn't there to get. We got a cottage on the lake and it sucks to take a kid to the hospital because the got a life threatening gash on their foot from someone else's bad hygiene habits. I thing that fines are not enough to battle this, how about no hunting or fishing privileges for 3 to 5 years on top of the fines, or no lake privileges for life.
 I drink alot of beer either in my boat or shanty and all of the garbage goes with me, even at the risk of a open container violation.

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #36 on: Feb 01, 2006, 10:35 AM »
ya its the same it seams all over
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Feb 01, 2006, 10:46 AM »
I do a lot of fishing myself and last year on Wamplers I must have picked up 2 cases of beer bottles, 10 1# propane cans, and countless other items. I dont mind picking it up, but it makes me think of all the **it that I wasn't there to get. We got a cottage on the lake and it sucks to take a kid to the hospital because the got a life threatening gash on their foot from someone else's bad hygiene habits. I thing that fines are not enough to battle this, how about no hunting or fishing privileges for 3 to 5 years on top of the fines, or no lake privileges for life.
 I drink alot of beer either in my boat or shanty and all of the garbage goes with me, even at the risk of a open container violation.

You should try scuba diving sometime in your favorite lake. You would be appalled by the amount of garbage down there. Sometimes I wonder if the human race really deserves the good things the good Lord gave us.  :'(

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:06 AM »
I do snorkel in the lake and i am appalled at the dump that it has become. In the spring when the water is calm and clear you see tires, cans, clothes, bottles, plastic cups, and numerous other items. Before we put our dock in we go out snorkeling and try to round up all of the trash from our swimming area, but later in the summer its back, and every year is the same. It may sound admirable on our part but its very depressing to see what so called Outdoorsman, Sportsman, and  Recreationalist are doing to OUR great outdoors.

Offline crappieslayer22

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • damn dinks
« Reply #39 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:22 AM »
i hate that sh1t
Loren W
ST.Croix
Iced Slabs
28 in walleye
15 in crappie
14 in perch
12 in golden shiner
25 in pickerel
11 1/4 in bluegill
6 1/2 pound largemouth
36 in lake trout

Offline Reel Wet Ride

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ft. Myers, Florida!!! WHAT?
« Reply #40 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:36 AM »
I like the guys that throw fishing line into the lake. I think every young man should have the oppotunity to remove 300yds of 20lb mono from the prop of the boat. At a foot at a time it only takes 3 hours to fix! That'll make think twice before littering.
Falling through the ice means driving home naked!

Offline cstolp

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:37 AM »
I am a smoker and as most of us will tell you I wish I weren't.  Before you go bashing smokers as evil people maybe you should try to understand how hard it is for us to stop.  Their are some people who can easily quit because of personality or chemical makeup.  Then their are some people who just can't seem to quit no matter what they do.  I'm one of those people.  Yes we do stink.  We also waste a lot of money on the damn things and all the quit programs.  We ruin clothes and the interiors of our vehicles etc.  We are potentially shortening our lives.  Should smokers be tossing butts out all over creation, NO.  Should non-smokers have to breath our smoke, NO.
Cheese Head

Offline woodyvt

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • When the going is tough. The tough go ice fishing!
« Reply #42 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:44 AM »
Yep- seems to be a consistant problem everywhere.  I too get tired of picking up after inconsiderate others leave their crap behind.

Those are the first ones to complain that there is no place to hunt, fish, swim, hike, etc....you get the point.

Personally I own a bunch of land that I never posted and allowed anyone to hunt or hike on.  Guess what- it is now posted due to the inconsiderates who leave their trash behind and also do damage to my apple trees. (someone made a tree stand out of a few of them!)

Sooner than later there will be no place to go because of these litterbugs!!  I feel sorry for the kids.

Too bad people dont care.
The closest flag up may be the one that is behind you !

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #43 on: Feb 01, 2006, 11:53 AM »
I am a smoker and as most of us will tell you I wish I weren't.  Before you go bashing smokers as evil people maybe you should try to understand how hard it is for us to stop.  Their are some people who can easily quit because of personality or chemical makeup.  Then their are some people who just can't seem to quit no matter what they do.  I'm one of those people.  Yes we do stink.  We also waste a lot of money on the d**n things and all the quit programs.  We ruin clothes and the interiors of our vehicles etc.  We are potentially shortening our lives.  Should smokers be tossing butts out all over creation, NO.  Should non-smokers have to breath our smoke, NO.
     I don't think they were bashing smokers, but bashing those who leave that crap behind for others to look at(cigarette butts included!!!!). I smoke also, and I'm offended at the mess I see some times, just follow one simple rule, IF YOU CAN PACK IT IN, YOU CAN PACK IT OUT. If you can't do this simple thing don't go, it's just pure laziness.

Offline Deeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 01, 2006, 12:04 PM »
 Hey I've got a question........I'm curious to know if smoking (cigarettes) is legal in restaraunts, and bars in the states still?? or does it vary from state to state.
  I'm sure glad they don't allow it up here in Manitoba any longer,what a joy it is to be in a restaraunt now, and not have that stench of cigarette smoke while eating a meal, or being able to go to a bar, and not walk out smelling like tobacco, or have burning eyes from the smoke. YUCK!!
  It's also enforced in ALL workplaces here, no more smoking indoors,ha ha...finally.

PIKEGUY

« Reply #45 on: Feb 01, 2006, 12:12 PM »
     I don't think they were bashing smokers, but bashing those who leave that crap behind for others to look at(cigarette butts included!!!!). I smoke also, and I'm offended at the mess I see some times, just follow one simple rule, IF YOU CAN PACK IT IN, YOU CAN PACK IT OUT. If you can't do this simple thing don't go, it's just pure laziness.

When someone said " how could you be dumb enought to smoke" that's bashing "us" I am in the same boat as cstolp. I want to quit and am having no luck. It's fricken tough. If you think not, try it sometime. I agree cigarette butts should not be left anywhere, but remember....NOT ALL SMOKERS ARE PIGS

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #46 on: Feb 01, 2006, 12:27 PM »
Sorry I didn't see that post.

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #47 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:34 PM »
Hate too see that I keep them in my pockets or throw them in my sleed to clean up later.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:53 PM »
When someone said " how could you be dumb enought to smoke" that's bashing "us" I am in the same boat as cstolp. I want to quit and am having no luck. It's fricken tough. If you think not, try it sometime. I agree cigarette butts should not be left anywhere, but remember....NOT ALL SMOKERS ARE PIGS

I read somewhere smoking is as addictive as heroin for some people.

Offline Deeker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:58 PM »
um..........I didn't think I asked THAT difficult of a question?
 Oh well!

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Feb 01, 2006, 01:59 PM »
It does vary from state to state. Actually it varies from county to county in Ohio.

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #51 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:28 PM »
I Icefished Chautauqua lake the weekend after a crappy tournament 2 years ago.  I should have taken pictures of the mess cause no one would have believed this..... Tons of wrappers and general garbage, butts, chew and piles of human feces... I could have puked.

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:28 PM »
um..........I didn't think I asked THAT difficult of a question?
 Oh well!

????????????????????????????????

Offline taxi1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:29 PM »
It does vary from state to state. Actually it varies from county to county in Ohio.

And this has what do with smoking? ????????????????????

Offline burly101

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:38 PM »
Hey I've got a question........I'm curious to know if smoking (cigarettes) is legal in restaraunts, and bars in the states still?? or does it vary from state to state.
  I'm sure glad they don't allow it up here in Manitoba any longer,what a joy it is to be in a restaraunt now, and not have that stench of cigarette smoke while eating a meal, or being able to go to a bar, and not walk out smelling like tobacco, or have burning eyes from the smoke. YUCK!!
  It's also enforced in ALL workplaces here, no more smoking indoors,ha ha...finally.
I was responding to this.

Offline USMC130FE

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 2008 NAIFC Contestant
« Reply #55 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:42 PM »
Deeker,
to answer your question here in NY smoking is prohibited in public places ( restaurants, bars etc) also.  I smoke myself and enjoy the fact that their smoke free.  If I need a fix I go outside and do my thing.  I would hate to bring my daughter in a restaurant that allows smoking.
http://www.bluecrayfish.com/icefishpics/albums/userpics/2-18-08_001c.jpg

Sure the Marines are a Department of the Navy, We're the MENS DEPERTMENT!!!!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #56 on: Feb 01, 2006, 02:46 PM »

You're completely right Pike... it is EXTREMELY tough to quit man.  I smoke, hate the smell of it when I come out of a bar (on the rare occasions I do go), and as of late am getting tired of the taste of it too... but it is a COMPLETE pain to quit!  I've tried several times and haven't done it yet, except for a week or two break.  One of these days I keep telling myself I'm going to quit cold turkey and stick w/ it, it's either going to end up being too late or I'll just need to grow some bigger sumethins and stick w/ the plan  ;)

As far as the pic in this thread - that makes me sick.  I keep my fishing area tidy, always clean up after myself, and usually wind up doing cleanup for other pigs on the ice.  It just boils down to a few irresponsible losers giving others a bad name and creating eyesores for us people who actually care, and that goes for any garbage, not just cigerette buts or chewing tobacco.

Pertaining to smoking in buildings/restuarants/establishments here in the states... I'm not sure about every other state, but I believe SD doesn't allow smoking in any public establishment that does not have a liquor license (I believe this became law not too long ago anyways???).  I for one, even though I smoke, enjoy being able to go to a restuarant and eat my meal w/o smelling smoke or having it lingering in the air... it's a very nice change...

PIKEGUY

« Reply #57 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:04 PM »
I am actually considering quitting cold turkey tonight. Burnin one now ::) Got two left in a pack. What do you all think? 8)

Offline flagfreak

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Good Luck And Keep trying you will win!!!!!!!!

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Feb 01, 2006, 03:07 PM »
Go for it PikeGuy!  If you are set on it and want to quit - I'd say go w/ it!  If ya choose to do so, my best regards and good luck goes to ya!  Hope ya stick with it partner!  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.