New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: 1lb propane tanks...  (Read 3768 times)

Offline fishon21

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: 1lb propane tanks...
« Reply #30 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:27 PM »
Thanks for sharing the video and other methods. My refill coupler arrived today and I have a few 1lbers I will be filling up soon!

Offline Kinkyline

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • How sweet they are!
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:39 PM »
   Dead on Cuz...go Donald,go!

Offline Oldtimer

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2016, 07:46 PM »
seems to me  be a lot less waste if tanks were made you could take  to a station and refill........or put a 5 dollar deposit on the tanks I get tired of picking them up

You are right Trapper, if you want empty tanks, wait until right after the ice is out and the West wind blows and then take a walk along the sand at Sylvan Beach..

Offline jeffro9023

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2016, 08:46 PM »
seems to me  be a lot less waste if tanks were made you could take  to a station and refill........or put a 5 dollar deposit on the tanks I get tired of picking them up

I love picking them up  @)

Offline piscesman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Jan 21, 2016, 05:05 AM »
Have done it this way for years. 1st I fill about 30 of them in the fall and store them outside. Bring 2 with me each time I go ice fishing. If my wife comes with me then I have a 5lber that I bring. Runs all day. At the end of the day I warm a 30lber and transfer some LP to the 5lber. You can only get about 18lbs in the 20lber due to the OPD. We have a tractor Supply Company here that sells LP. YOU ONLY GET CHARGED for what they put in your refillable tank. Usually about $10 to fill empty 20lber. Good Luck.................
      Kim :tipup:   :icefish: :thumbsup:
"To have and to hold till death do us part" really refers to a man and his ICE FISHING EQUIPMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2016, 06:55 AM »
when I fish I only  run  my heater  on low and my shanty is  warm a bottle last me a couple trips ....but if I run the heater  constant my shanty gets to warm....I don't understand going threw  2 or 3 bottles a day

Offline NYSporty

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jigem up boys
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:13 AM »
Awesome the green bomb thread of 2016!!!! >:D
I just use my 10# tank on the ice. I refill the little ones for my lanterns and torch Just like the video shows.
"Problem solving is hunting. It is savage pleasure and we are born to do it."
Thomas Harris

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #37 on: Jan 21, 2016, 07:28 AM »
I fill my lantren with high test it cost about a dime  ;D

Offline soulstream

• IceShanty Rookie
  • When the flag pops, the b#$%t stops!!!
« Reply #38 on: Jan 21, 2016, 08:52 AM »
Free bottles and picking up garbage scumbags leave behind. A win- win trap!  FYI, home cheapo and Lowes charge 22 bucks for the tank exchange and only give you like 15 lbs. Supplier can get 19 lbs in a 20 lb tank for around a dollar a pound by me .

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #39 on: Jan 21, 2016, 09:34 AM »
I think I get my tanks filled for 12 to 15 bucks .....you know it's never a win win picking stuff up  because  for ever bottle I pick up theres 5 that will be floating in the spring  .... people being pigs is never a plus ,that being said ,I had a few people I know  e mail me that they refill bottles ...I rather give them to people that can refill them then  filling a land fill with them .... maybe because I'm to dump to know I'm cold  but I honestly don't go threw 4 tanks in a year ...but I will save those and ones I pick up for you guys that fill them........

Offline aquarium234

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Jan 21, 2016, 10:24 AM »
I love my 10lb tanks, I have two and one 5lb for early ice when I want the weight down :-). They are a little more pricy then the 20lb tanks, but I just spray them with a new coat of paint each year so I know they will last :-), I always run the filter for 10 bucks its worth having, as the hoses do degrade over time and the filter catches that junk :-), I also vote big buddy heater, had that auto shutoff save our shanty one night we didn't think the wind was going to be blowing........
Its all fun and games until someone loses a walleye.......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.