Author Topic: Perfect 1 Man Shelter  (Read 8952 times)

Offline Brian A

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Perfect 1 Man Shelter
« Reply #30 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:34 AM »
I agree with icejunky.

I would think having the hole in the middle like that would be a problem. Off to one side would be better I think.

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:36 AM »
And folded down.

My biggest concern, (besides the cost) is the weight. I don't need nothing too big. I do have to pull up some hills. Like you said, I sure don't want to feel like I am lugging a boat around for Pete's sake.

Offline Swede

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:38 AM »
Yeah, I was getting impulsive. I will keep looking for something better.

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #33 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:48 AM »
The Fishtraps do cost more but you get what you pay for!  I had my Trap-pro out last Saturday all day in winds that were exceeding 40mph and that icearmor fabric took a severe BEATING and it's fine.  I can't tell you how many brutally windy days I've fished in with it and no rips, no tears.  The Frabill fabric is not nearly as durable and they are not built as well, bottom line.  I'm almost 6' 4" tall and I have no problem fitting into my trap.  The only complaint is the seat's low but it's the same in any shelter with a prefabbed seat.  There's a reason you see "BLUE" everywhere on the ice just like vexilar.  The nuts works right and lasts for years.  Again, just get the fish-trap pro, trust me.  ;) 
Who slip usually agree with ya, did my research and found that the fabric is not much differance. Man some of ya are stuck into a rut, Hey let me know how Genz's back side smells. My seats work just fine all padded and comfortable
One reason you see soo many of them is the timing of his invention. Ya don't know till ya been in one.

Don't believe the hype!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline Brian A

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 27, 2006, 11:50 AM »
Genz's back smells fine.

Gander Mountain is plastered on the front of mine too.

I could care less. I sit inside it, not outside worrying about what is written on it

;D

Offline Brian A

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #35 on: Jan 27, 2006, 12:00 PM »
yea.

ya got me there  ::)

Offline OTIS

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Jan 27, 2006, 12:07 PM »
weight is an issue....thats why I'm looking at this one

(Image removed from quote.)

Ice Cruiser 200
Quick Facts

Fishes TWO Anglers & gear.
*****************Weighs 62 lbs.**************
Arctic Armor Tent.
Roomy interior at a popular price.
4 removable windows offer 360° views.
Sets up to:
96"L x 63"W x 67"H
Folds down:
63" L x 45"W x 18"H

id buy a trap if gentz wants to pay me for having his name on it.....or at least lower the price, and knock out about 20 pounds

fish307 has this one for 348.99 vs 400 for a guide

billybono

b

Gander Mountain in New Hartford has the guide priced at $299.00, and the Yukon at $399.00.  I was just there last night.
Follow the bubbles...

Offline BUCKSKI

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JIGGING UP MUDFLAPS FROM SOMEWHERE
« Reply #37 on: Jan 27, 2006, 01:09 PM »
Salty, bob salty. At least up can agree on horsepower!!
FRABILL ALL the WAY, take it with a grain!
Mac can the boy handle some extra cans???
" Of course I believe in luck. How otherwise to explain the success of some people you detest"

Jean Cocteau

Offline icejunky

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • TEAM ONTARIO
« Reply #38 on: Jan 27, 2006, 01:47 PM »
Well.....Today I made a super fast decision and purchased a new shelter........drum roll..................

The Frabil UltraLite

It came down to a few things....price was one of them and availabiltiy was another...i read thru all the info here and other areas to decide between the 2. The Best Price I could get on a trap in my area was $400CDN and I would need to drive and hour to get there. As for the Frabil they sell for $300CDN. I do alot of business in the local shop that sells the Frabil units and when I went in today to ask him about them he gave me a great deal on his last in stock unit...$220.CDN...and it's in my car as we speak.

I thought the fabric felt very durable, the trap fabric did feel stronger but I think that as a second unit the frabil unltra lite will do all and more then I need.

Thanx for all the advice..much appreciated

Offline Auger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Chicks dig blaze orange!
« Reply #39 on: Jan 27, 2006, 02:17 PM »
A very fine choice if you ask me. (Still a fine choice even if you don't ask).  That's my current shack.  Now get out there and slay 'em!
High Chancellor of WIRC and Provost of Potent Potable Procurement .

Seattle Seven Member #000003

Offline fisher50

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 13, 2006, 05:39 PM »
Guys, I have found the perfect one man shelter.  At least, in my humble opinion.  It's the Eskimo Quickflip III.  That bugger opens up to 6' by 8'.  I'm 6'3' and can stand up in it.  Room to set the Vex, Heater, minnow bucket, and if I ever convince her to let me get one, the Aqua-View.  I like the room.  I pull it with a Quad, so weight is not a problem.  I had a Trap/Guide and it was too small.  Main think I disliked was the lack of headroom.  I think I found a keeper. 
I enjoy that perfect peace -- that peace beyond all understanding, which comes at it's maximum, only to the man who has given up golf.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.