The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: auger size  (Read 14551 times)

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
Re: auger size
« Reply #60 on: Jan 30, 2006, 03:37 PM »
I always bring my hand auger even if I bring the gas auger.  I learned my lesson a couple of years ago.  I got out on the ice and the auger would not start.  I carry every thing out on foot.  I do not have a sled or wheeler.  It is better to have to much gear than not enough.  It's a pain but you have to do it. 

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #61 on: Jan 30, 2006, 05:58 PM »
I agree gambell. I had auger issues on the lake last year after telling my friend to leave the hand auger at home :-[. And for the first time I had seen a guy out there wouldnt let me rent his for a six pack? He said I guess your SOL then and resumed fishing.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Jan 30, 2006, 06:02 PM »
Marcus...thats cold blooded, I think I'd almost let my worst enemy use my auger if his wouldn't start....it may cost him a bit, but I'd figure something out....that guy must have been a real sum-a-......
Marine Infantry NCO- Semper Fi!!!

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #63 on: Jan 30, 2006, 09:14 PM »
What the heck do you guys mean that you would charge a fellow ice fisherman something to drill holes if his wouldn't start. Does it really cost that much for gas or are you just trying to make money on a brother , or sister, fisherman. You should be ashamed of yourself. Hope you don't fish the areas I do.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #64 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:35 AM »
Booker, go back and read the posts we made.  It says that one guy wouldn't let his auger be used by somebody else, even though the guy that needed it offered a six pack up front, and I said I'd probably even let my worst enemy use mine but it may cost him....MAY being the key word, and I was referring to my worst enemy, any other type out there on the ice I'd drill for nothing.....relax bro, we'll all live longer......

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #65 on: Jan 31, 2006, 03:42 PM »
I wouldnt even think of taking payment to use my auger but in that case i figured a six-pack would sweeten the deal. We had walked a long long way to find out the auger didnt work.

crowkiller

« Reply #66 on: Jan 31, 2006, 03:45 PM »
that sucks it happened to me to

Offline GAMBELL

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • 41" PIKE 2005!
« Reply #67 on: Jan 31, 2006, 03:47 PM »
I probably would not let some stranger use my auger either.  I would at least drill him holes where he wanted them.  I would not want to see a guy go through all the effort of getting out there and not fish.

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #68 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:29 PM »
Same here gampbell...besides, my auger is one of those xl3000 laser mags (10 inch) she's a beast and for somebody experienced in a jiffy or a smaller auger she's dangerous, anybody thats ever used one of 'em knows what I'm talking about......I'll drill the holes wherever they specify, but I'm doing them a favor by not letting them use it themselves.....

Offline marcus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #69 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:47 PM »
Personally thats all i wanted cut me a handful of holes and i would be happy oh well just make sure we bring the hand auger...and the gas can :-[

Offline esox slayer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #70 on: Jan 31, 2006, 05:50 PM »
Sounds like a rotten deal Marcus....next one you run into won't be like that......

Offline Booker

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and Release
« Reply #71 on: Jan 31, 2006, 06:35 PM »
Esox, offering to give someone something for them letting you use or them drilling a few holes is great. That isn't the same as saying it may cost them. To each his own, I'm relaxed, thanks

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.