Author Topic: Diefenbaker Lake 2015-16  (Read 29964 times)

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
Re: Diefenbaker Lake 2015-16
« Reply #90 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:50 PM »
Wasn't that at Narrow Hills?

Offline MeadowPikeman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Friends don't let friends fish without tip ups.
« Reply #91 on: Jan 26, 2016, 06:55 PM »
No they were at dief the last episode.
Ketchin dem Logs enough to build a house!!

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #92 on: Jan 26, 2016, 07:25 PM »
 they were up in the nhpp in an earlier episode at a few different lakes.  pretty awesome brown, starting to hear of some in dief and also the ssr around saskatoon.

Offline Gotspooled?

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #93 on: Jan 26, 2016, 08:20 PM »
I think it's pretty awesome that you can get a brown! I'm not in the business of keeping big fish just more of a bucket list fish! Going to have to try and target these guys!!

Offline GWJ

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #94 on: Jan 28, 2016, 09:02 AM »
So I just watched episode four of 39 hours and the Konrad brothers were catching brown trout on dief?? **censored**?? Anyone ever see or catch any on the main lake?

I have caught a few browns while fishing rainbows in the coulees.

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #95 on: Jan 28, 2016, 12:59 PM »
I fished Coteau Bay couple weeks back - had absolutely no luck.  Could have been the cold front that had moved in (-31 that day).  that was my first time ice fishing Diefenbaker, and wanted general opinion, not anyone's secret spot, it I was driving down again, would it be better to head down to Elbow area?  Or is Coteau usually decent, and I just hit it on a bad day?  Thinking about heading down on Saturday again. 

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #96 on: Jan 28, 2016, 02:19 PM »
@dsab  I'm heading out to Dief on Saturday.  I'm thinking about heading to Coteau Bay or close proximity to that area.  I'll let you know how it goes.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • WHAT OTHERS THINK OF ME IS NONE OF MY BUSINESS
« Reply #97 on: Jan 30, 2016, 10:51 AM »
dsab...Dief. can make a fool out of anyone on the wrong day. PM me and let me know what your after for species. I may be able to help

Offline shawno

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Team Saskatchewan
« Reply #98 on: Jan 31, 2016, 06:56 PM »
Made it out to Coteau Bay yesterday. Weather was fantastic, but the fishing was fairly slow. We put in a full day and ended up with a mixed bag...perch, walleye and pike. Nothing to write home about for size. Others in the bay we spoke to were having similiar luck, although no walleye but one burbot instead. Ice is a solid 18" in the bay, but there was some open water tight to shore, so be careful. I didn't see anyone driving on.

Offline corney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #99 on: Feb 01, 2016, 08:25 PM »
Are these actual gas wells or is it moving water and inconsistent freezing?  I spent a lot of time on that lake and have never seen ice heaves and ice piled up on any other lake like that!  It doesn't freeze up until late in the year and is a huge body of moving water.

Offline Sega bandit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #100 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:12 AM »
They are either gas wells or under water springs. They are in the same place every year and the water doesn't move fast enough in this lake to create inconsistent ice.
A nickel ain't worth a dime anymore

Offline farmboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #101 on: Feb 02, 2016, 09:33 AM »
Certain areas do have a fair amount of current causing ice to be thinner. Be careful around bottlekneck areas or where the lake narrows down. I know of a few trucks going through in those areas on Dief.

Be careful out there, especially this year. Haven't been out but from what I'm hearing it sure seems to be a weird year for ice conditions....

Offline corney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #102 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:23 PM »
Be careful every year, the ice is never consistent!

Also be careful in open water, if the wind changes or a storm rolls in it can always be dangerous in that lake!

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #103 on: Feb 10, 2016, 10:58 AM »
The finger tip between Coteau Bay and the spillway inlet was open and inaccessible yesterday. I did enjoy night fishing with two friendly fishermen and took full advantage of their 10" holes. We caught walleye and burbot. 

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #104 on: Feb 11, 2016, 12:18 PM »
One of the many gas wells that show up every year in different locations/different years. I have never seen one at this location before and fish it perhaps 10 times/yr. in winter. Fly on flyboy

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #105 on: Feb 11, 2016, 06:08 PM »
So just watch out? That's it? No location? How is this helpful? On last mountain every one  tells most people where to watch out for thin ice etc .

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #106 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:04 PM »
Maybe he hasn't had time to respond

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #107 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:33 PM »
I ,see his auger, sled and rod, but i don't see him! :o

Offline Malayney11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #108 on: Feb 11, 2016, 07:44 PM »
thinking about fishing coteau boy this weekend, never been there in the winter before. is coteau bay safe to drive on or are there any of these underwater springs or gas wells located in the bay? dont mind walking on if i have to, just looking for some info on ice conditions

Offline Hotwheel

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #109 on: Feb 11, 2016, 09:06 PM »
Have been fishing coteau bay for a few weeks now....drive on at the boat launch and have been fishing west of there either side of bay. Ice is good...fishing slow. Last Sunday caught 12+perch and daughter pulled out a trout from farm. fish are biting good later in the day...even caught a walleye on a tipup two weeks ago.
Good things come to those who bait.....My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it.

Offline RD79

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #110 on: Feb 12, 2016, 08:38 AM »
There are most definitely springs and gas pockets in coteau.  I've watched my dad fall through the ice on foot, thankfully only thigh deep water.  That was on the south side to the west of the boat launch that is on the south side.  Also a local lady fell through the same winter a little further west but same depth. This was about 5 years ago mind you but if there is a problem once with the ice id say it can re-surface again.  The only reason dief doesnt have the same record for vehicles in the ice is because it has about 5% of the fishing pressure LML gets.

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #111 on: Feb 12, 2016, 04:15 PM »
So just watch out? That's it? No location? How is this helpful? On last mountain every one  tells most people where to watch out for thin ice etc .

and if i told people this location they would think its ok to go everywhere but this location so would it make sense to say what ive said....the lake is unsafe and these gas wells show up ANYWHERE...ANYTIME.... ANY YEAR. Its more than common sense will ever carry anyone on this lake.

Offline BigJumb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #112 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:07 PM »
OMG. What ever. We could be safe and add it to the lists of gaswells. Hilarious why even say anything

Offline Sparetimeangler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #113 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:11 PM »
Scared someone will go fish his area

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #114 on: Feb 12, 2016, 09:32 PM »
 i'd take it for what it's worth.  the guy is warning people to be cautious on all of diefenbaker.  better than nothing!

Offline ToonFisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #115 on: Feb 12, 2016, 10:26 PM »
It has been nerve wracking even sledding on last weekend. This cold spell may disguise some open spots. Be careful! Don't fish one of my favorite spot at the gap between spillway and Coteau Bay because it was open last weekend, and more open than a ladder can bridge. In fact I haven't seen a single vehicle on ice last weekend. It seems all the brave fishermen headed to LML ;).

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #116 on: Feb 13, 2016, 11:21 AM »
i'd take it for what it's worth.  the guy is warning people to be cautious on all of diefenbaker.  better than nothing!

finally someone gets the complete message. Has nothing to do with a "secret spot" I dont have a secret spot....i fish most of the lake. The whole lake is my secret spot.

B19

« Reply #117 on: Feb 13, 2016, 11:36 AM »
OMG. What ever. We could be safe and add it to the lists of gaswells. Hilarious why even say anything

LOL guy tries to let everybody know the ice is sketchy and to take'er slow and gets blasted. Nobody's safe on Iceshanty boys!

Offline KenH

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #118 on: Feb 13, 2016, 12:47 PM »
LOL guy tries to let everybody know the ice is sketchy and to take'er slow and gets blasted. Nobody's safe on Iceshanty boys!

Isn't that the truth, good grief people

Offline adipose

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #119 on: Feb 13, 2016, 02:58 PM »
yup...the www is a as sketchy as the ice they may walk onto...lol...i do declare. They must hate some portion or area of their lives and need a place or person to dump on as they know there will be no recoarse. Next i will get bashed for my spelling...or lack of it...lol. Have fun out there the rest of you folks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.