Author Topic: Re: Henry's Lake  (Read 5684 times)

Offline sdhuntandfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Henry's Lake
« Reply #30 on: Dec 01, 2015, 11:49 AM »
Hey guys,
The show from Henry's will air this coming Sunday on Fox Sports North at 8am central. If you don't get that channel, it will be uploaded to YouTube later that day.

Stay safe out there,
Andy

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2015, 06:09 PM »
Ran up for the day found 8" of ice in some spots. Very slow bite had two at the hole but lost them both due to drag issues.
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2015, 06:16 PM »
I am planning a trip to Henry's,is there any tips you guys can give? It is ok to use five lines and worms?  What kinda jigs you guys like? Any certain color? I fish palisades a lot and Jackson lake,just never fish at henrys. Thanks for any help!!!

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2015, 06:42 PM »
Yes you can use 5 lines and up to 5 hooks per line . I have been having my best luck with a lure called a slush bug , it is a very small jig . I am tipping it with meal worm . Two days ago I caught 8 yesterday only 4 , but yesterday I caught a 4 and a 4.5 pound cutthroat . The fish we are catching are in shallow water 4 to 5 feet . The fish are cruising about 1.5 ' under the ice .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2015, 10:11 PM »
Thanks for the help. Can you drive right up to the lake?

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:27 PM »
Curt69 can you pm me a picture of a slush bug?
BOWHUNTER68

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:35 PM »
They are the jigs that come with jaw jackkers . Go to the web and type in slush bug it will take you to the jawjakkers web site .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:37 PM »
There were people everywhere up there today and I'm sure there will be more tomorrow.  I fished the Hatchery.  Worst first ice outing i've ever had.  Iced 3 fish in 5 hours.  People all around us were spotty on catching anything either, although I saw a couple nice footballs on the ice.
[/quote👍👍
BOWHUNTER68

Offline bowhunter68

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:38 PM »
Yes you can use 5 lines and up to 5 hooks per line . I have been having my best luck with a lure called a slush bug , it is a very small jig . I am tipping it with meal worm . Two days ago I caught 8 yesterday only 4 , but yesterday I caught a 4 and a 4.5 pound cutthroat . The fish we are catching are in shallow water 4 to 5 feet . The fish are cruising about 1.5 ' under the ice .

👍👍👍👍
BOWHUNTER68

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2015, 11:49 PM »
http://www.jawjackerfishing.com/store/jigs.html

They are a sponsor of I.S. located in the sponsor tab at the top of the main community page. Good to see you guys hooking them up. Lots of utah members representing up there this weekend, Sadly I'm sitting here online living thru you all. Man I'm going to have the most organized tackle this winter  :-\
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Dec 05, 2015, 09:11 PM »
On weekdays there might be 35 people on the whole lake . Maybe 150 on weekends . People are not hurting the fishery .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline icebomb

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Dec 07, 2015, 12:12 AM »
Hey guys,
The show from Henry's will air this coming Sunday on Fox Sports North at 8am central. If you don't get that channel, it will be uploaded to YouTube later that day.

Stay safe out there,
Andy
Watched it today on YouTube. Awesome show. And some nice cutthroats you two caught.

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 07, 2015, 02:20 AM »
Can you post a link to the show?

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 09, 2015, 09:38 PM »
Anyone been out fishing? Headed up there sunday,just wondering if the fishing has been good??

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #44 on: Dec 10, 2015, 08:20 AM »
I fished it last Sunday . I landed 6 , the couple I was fishing with landed 6 . Three of the fish they caught were a little over 20"
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Dec 15, 2015, 05:47 PM »
Went home for my anniversary for four days came back up to 10 inches of new snow on top of 8 inches of old snow . The for cast is snow over 60 percent the next 5 days . If you have snow machines bring them .I have my atv up here and I am worried sick about being able to use it . Going to try in the morning .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Dec 15, 2015, 06:08 PM »
A report I saw from Henry's today indicated 20 mph winds all day and blew all the snow off the lake.  I'm bringing my utv up Thursday, so we'll see. 

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #47 on: Dec 15, 2015, 07:58 PM »
What part of the lake are you going to fish ? I am going to try and get to the outlet tomorrow . Maybe Stayleys Thursday .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Dec 15, 2015, 07:59 PM »
What part of the lake are you going to fish ? I am going to try and get to the outlet tomorrow . Maybe Stayleys Thursday .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Groundtrac

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #49 on: Dec 16, 2015, 09:34 AM »
Curt do you know how the road into the state ramp is?  Get a trailer down it ok still?  Wanting to fish in the outlet tomorrow.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #50 on: Dec 16, 2015, 10:09 AM »
No you can't there is a 4 foot pile of snow at the entrance . It is pretty depressing up here . There is more snow now than we got all winter last year . I drove over to the hathery this morning and they were plowing the parking lot . If you can get on the ice I think you would be ok . The wind has blown most of the snow off the ice . I was going to fish today but changed my mind after I got over there . Time to head home and get the snow machine .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline hooknhunter

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #51 on: Dec 16, 2015, 07:17 PM »
Pretty slushy under the snow in places. Not sure how an a tv will do.

Offline MNiceman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #52 on: Dec 17, 2015, 06:55 AM »
My wife and I went up on Wednesday. The access to the state park is blocked with snow. But the road in after the entrance looks fine. If someone has a snow plough and some time we could access it again.
We ended up on the north side sportsmans access. We landed a 23" right off the bat then slow till 2:30. Then landed 3 small ones in a row as fast as we could get the lines back down the hole. Gold is the color they liked tipped with a worm. 12" of solid ice in 10' of water.
Always remember, keep your stick on the ice- Red & Green

Offline Liv2hnt

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #53 on: Dec 19, 2015, 08:14 AM »
Thinking of going to hatchery sunday. How is parking lot and fishing there? Anyone got any advise? Will be walking in, no atvs or snow machines.
Keep your powder dry and your ice hole clean.

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #54 on: Dec 19, 2015, 08:34 AM »
They plow the lot at the hatchery . It gets full fast on weekends . Get there early . Most people are catching 3 or 4 fish a day . Fishing is best just before daylight till about 1 hour after sun up .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Offline Watfish

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Dec 19, 2015, 09:20 PM »
Has anyone been fishing stailey and is it still accessible?

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #56 on: Dec 23, 2015, 08:25 PM »
Has anyone been there,just wondering how the snow was and I f the fishing was any good??

Offline Angulator

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #57 on: Dec 23, 2015, 10:44 PM »
I fished Monday. The fishing for me was slow and the slush made it tough to get around.

Offline fishonDan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Dec 24, 2015, 11:08 AM »
What is plowed up there? Headed up Monday to do a couple days of fishing??

Offline curt69

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #59 on: Dec 24, 2015, 01:47 PM »
The Hatchery , Pintail point and the County Boat dock are usually plowed . Also Wild Rose Ranch , they charge $5 to park there .
Catch'em and Eat'em

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.