The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: When Will The White Perch Show Up?  (Read 23515 times)

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
Re: When Will The White Perch Show Up?
« Reply #120 on: Feb 15, 2015, 08:27 AM »
Keep them, sell them, use them for fertilizer......as long as we get as many as we can out of the lake.  Nice job.

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #121 on: Feb 15, 2015, 01:25 PM »
It was nice meeting you, Mudchuck, out on the ice. Glad to hear that the fishing picked up after we left. I was satisfied with the twenty or so fish that we caught. Great day to be out on the ice, yesterday, of course! Too cold to head out today.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #122 on: Feb 16, 2015, 04:36 PM »
planning on being at the perch-a-thon wednesday.

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #123 on: Feb 16, 2015, 06:39 PM »
planning on being at the perch-a-thon wednesday.

Bootstrap I may be out there Wednesday to, not sure I can wait till Saturday
Come on get on the ice fish!!

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #124 on: Feb 17, 2015, 05:57 PM »
Heading up to the big lake again in the morning, word is I may have to search for the whites a bit. Conditions should be great I don't mind looking around a bit or a bunch, but if anyone has been on them already this week and wants to let me know I'd be grateful. Bringin my neighbor after showing him the pics hes pretty excited

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #125 on: Feb 17, 2015, 07:55 PM »
Would love to join you but am recovering from my second bout with the flu.....different strains I'm told. :(     I really really want to catch some this year!!!

Offline bootstrap

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #126 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:12 PM »
I'm not heading up work issues

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #127 on: Feb 17, 2015, 08:57 PM »
What happens when you eradicate the white perch population as planned?? Then what will you fish for next year?

A healthier population of yellow perch and walleye I would guess.

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
« Reply #128 on: Feb 17, 2015, 09:53 PM »
A healthier population of yellow perch and walleye I would guess.
wishful thinking champlain is too big a lake ya cant eradicate em all. we can try but unless you poisoned the entire lake which will never happen we have to accept the fact they're here to stay.
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline JMailbox8

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #129 on: Feb 18, 2015, 06:24 AM »
Never said they would eradicate them. I just responded to the previous poster's question (which I would suppose was hypothetical). I agree that it would be impossible to eradicate them by fishing them out since they were established with only a very small population to begin with. Although keeping their population in check would certainly help the health of lake's ecosystem.

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #130 on: Feb 18, 2015, 12:36 PM »
We must have caught them all! couldn't mark a darn thing other than dink perch and a little school of smelt I managed to nab one out of. My arms are gonna be sore, we were all over the bay drillin holes. To nice I thought it was gonna be cloudy and flurries, bluebird days suck for fishin

Offline perch bait

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Lil' Crayfish
« Reply #131 on: Feb 18, 2015, 12:49 PM »
We must have caught them all! couldn't mark a darn thing other than dink perch and a little school of smelt I managed to nab one out of. My arms are gonna be sore, we were all over the bay drillin holes. To nice I thought it was gonna be cloudy and flurries, bluebird days suck for fishin
Do you think that they're still in their? My Dad and I were planning on heading out there this weekend. If you're going out there again, try getting lined up with the Eastern side of the rock point coming out of Hathaways and rock island in 16 feet of water.
Perch bait- a small minnow that can have big results in the ice fishing game.  :icefish:
My Blog: https://jacobcrawford8.wixsite.com/pboutdooradventure

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #132 on: Feb 18, 2015, 01:19 PM »
I was there east side, west side, all sides, green can, lazy lady, south by the other islands, NO whites around. I slayed em 4 days ago, but I wont be going back there this weekend unless I hear there bak and biting good. Maybe call bayshore tackle before you head up and see if he has bought any the day before

Offline Crayfish2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #133 on: Feb 18, 2015, 02:07 PM »
That's too bad, Wes ... I know that's a long drive for you with nothing to show for it.  Strange that you weren't even marking them, though.  I can see them not biting, but you would think they've gotta be there somewhere!  Guess we'll have to find some place else to go this weekend.

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #134 on: Feb 18, 2015, 03:05 PM »
If you are talking st. a bay there had to have been 11-15 cars out there today and then another 5 parked by the bridge. who knows how many walked out.

I was there east side, west side, all sides, green can, lazy lady, south by the other islands, NO whites around. I slayed em 4 days ago, but I wont be going back there this weekend unless I hear there bak and biting good. Maybe call bayshore tackle before you head up and see if he has bought any the day before
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline fishingbub6

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #135 on: Feb 18, 2015, 04:44 PM »
I too was out by the can today and by lazy lady and no signs of whites anywhere! Where did they go!

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #136 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:31 PM »
Sheesh that sucks. Anyone try near burton?

Offline pokholes

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #137 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:36 PM »
I too was out by the can today and by lazy lady and no signs of whites anywhere! Where did they go!
X2 on that???? Could not find them today either???

Offline Troutmagnet

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #138 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:39 PM »
Sorry to hear about your day. I was so jealous not being able to go out myself. I did not wish you any bad luck...I promise!

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #139 on: Feb 18, 2015, 05:41 PM »
If you are talking st. a bay there had to have been 11-15 cars out there today and then another 5 parked by the bridge. who knows how many walked out.

Yup I was right there with all those cars. And none of us were getting any fish. I will call bay side ad rays in the am and find out if any fish were brought in. And report from than

Offline thefishingweatherman

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #140 on: Feb 18, 2015, 07:14 PM »
They gotta be in there somewhere... Pretty unusual for no one to be getting them near the green can though. Seems like they are moving around a bit more this year than they were at this time last year. But, if last year's any judge, March/April should see loads of fish around Kilkare.

Offline 802spinnerbait

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fishing nerd
« Reply #141 on: Feb 18, 2015, 09:53 PM »
I hooked into a couple monster white perch at champlain bridge while jiggin for lakers.  just a thought.

Offline flagfishon

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • You should have seen it! It was huge!
« Reply #142 on: Feb 18, 2015, 11:24 PM »
I wonder if they ate so much out of St. A bay since last year, that they have had to move on to find other rich sources of food.  A school as large as theirs can quickly eliminate resources in an area.

Offline perchhauler

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #143 on: Feb 19, 2015, 05:47 AM »
perhaps they are over fished, that's the excuse we usually hear when fish cant be caught. I would first point the finger at the blue suit vex toters. ;D

Offline Lavman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Passing along the traditions
« Reply #144 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:04 AM »
perhaps they are over fished, that's the excuse we usually hear when fish cant be caught. I would first point the finger at the blue suit vex toters. ;D

HAHAHA!! Stir that pot  ;D ;D

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #145 on: Feb 19, 2015, 07:36 AM »
I wonder if they ate so much out of St. A bay since last year, that they have had to move on to find other rich sources of food.  A school as large as theirs can quickly eliminate resources in an area.

That is what I've been told. They invade a park of the Lake and become too large of a population and end up moving and/or the numbers dwindle and then even out. I can't imagine the kind of alewive population this lake would have without the white perch.  Crazy to think about.

Offline wmhunts

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wes McRae
« Reply #146 on: Feb 19, 2015, 08:59 AM »
They are still being caught in st Albans bay. I just talked to my buyer and they got a good haul in from a guy yesterday. He was targeting yellows and was invaded by whites. Apparently I didn't drill enough holes ugh! My arms are killin me! Go out there and give it hell! Search and destroy! Than pm me where you got em ;D

Offline dlj01260

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #147 on: Feb 20, 2015, 08:28 AM »
How did people do yesterday for whites?
Dylan

Offline Panfish hauler

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #148 on: Feb 20, 2015, 03:30 PM »
  The White Perch are biting great you just got go look for them instead of fishermen catching them

Offline VTMatt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #149 on: Feb 20, 2015, 09:14 PM »
I'll be out there tomorrow.  Starting at Kilkare and going everywhere until I find fish.  Some scouting for Sunday when I take my brother out.  I'll be solo at first in a red Arctic Armor suit, dragging my sled with my PVC rod holders and Ion w/ my 4" auger on it.  Don't be a stranger if you see me. 

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.