Author Topic: how many members marcum units are at the repair shop right now.  (Read 16299 times)

Offline oldtrapper

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: how many members marcum units are at the repair shop right now.
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2015, 12:18 PM »
When you are satisfied you don't let people know. When your unhappy the best way to show it is to complain. So you see a lot of complaints and not so many happy campers.

Well I'm happy,happy,happy with the ones I have and would buy another in a heartbeat .  ;D ;D ;D

TD

Offline bowhtr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2015, 05:16 PM »
Well I'm happy,happy,happy with the ones I have and would buy another in a heartbeat .  ;D ;D ;D

TD

X2
><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º>¸.
·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. ><((((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·...¸><((((º'>

BOWHTR

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2015, 07:16 PM »
X3
<===Lefty===

Offline Chris338378

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #33 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:19 AM »
X4

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #34 on: Jan 18, 2015, 05:29 AM »
marcum lovers start your own thread.haha,by the way my bro in laws showdown troller 2.0 died yesterday out on the ice.buttons wouldn't do anything would only run in simulation mode.

Offline Bumski

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:28 AM »
marcum lovers start your own thread.haha,

Well if you wanted to only hear from people that agree with you maybe you should have added "for Marcum bashers only" to the title ;)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #36 on: Jan 18, 2015, 07:33 AM »
marcum lovers start your own thread.haha,by the way my bro in laws showdown troller 2.0 died yesterday out on the ice.buttons wouldn't do anything would only run in simulation mode.
Held the button in too long if it was in Simulation mode. Did he check connections or just listen to you about all the Marcums being bad and assume his was bad? :roflmao: :roflmao: You know a little effort he could have it fixed if it has really gone bad.
<===Lefty===

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #37 on: Jan 18, 2015, 10:48 AM »
Seems all the trouble is with people who bought the cheap models, I don't see anyone with problems with the bullet proof LX5. I would buy another LX5 in a heart beat. My friend has a Vexilar and he can't even fish near me his vex has no IR (interferance rejection) So lets see LX5 reputation as one of the best flashers ever made, so go out and buy a cheap model doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Jan 18, 2015, 11:54 AM »
Seems all the trouble is with people who bought the cheap models, I don't see anyone with problems with the bullet proof LX5. I would buy another LX5 in a heart beat. My friend has a Vexilar and he can't even fish near me his vex has no IR (interferance rejection) So lets see LX5 reputation as one of the best flashers ever made, so go out and buy a cheap model doesn't make sense to me.
I was out with my brothers LX7 this am. Its jacked also. Id be fine..then all the sudden bounce around and freak out. Its easy to see there are issues at Marcum you can choose to believe it or put your head in the sand. Your call

Offline dkfry

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Jan 18, 2015, 01:33 PM »
Sir....I am neither blind OR "stupid".....I am just making  a comment that the Marcum bashers seem to think that everybody who owns one has had trouble with it.....
Truth is there are many, many of us that have not had trouble one with our units...and the issues that do occur have been fixed by a good CS dept.....

There are also many others whom have had issues and don't go on forums or the internet to post about it at all. Some contact the manufacturer, some just return the bad product to the store.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #40 on: Jan 18, 2015, 03:34 PM »
Held the button in too long if it was in Simulation mode. Did he check connections or just listen to you about all the Marcums being bad and assume his was bad? :roflmao: :roflmao: You know a little effort he could have it fixed if it has really gone bad.
Ive had a troller 2.0 since they came out  and know how to trouble shoot/check connections and tracked it down to a faulty charger.it didn't charge the battery and was at 10 percent.still a bad charger right out of the box though.i don't hate Marcum I want their stuff to work.and my lx3tc is no longer in the shop its being shipped  back.i will put it thru its paces and hopefully I can get some years of use with it.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #41 on: Jan 18, 2015, 04:11 PM »
I bought the Cabela's Charger and battery. Works great.
<===Lefty===

Offline buz23

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Jan 19, 2015, 04:34 AM »
I thought I saw a post last night where DR. SPECKLER's LX3 was on the way back from the shop and he was going to give it another chance.  What happened to that post?  Didn't fit with the theme of the thread?

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #43 on: Jan 19, 2015, 06:44 AM »
You did, take it easy now. We all just want our stuff to work and I will agree Marcum Showdowners are having some problems like Chevy,Ford,Toyota,Honda,Nissan,VW,Lexus,Audi,Acura,Dumb for 2 cars and others.
<===Lefty===

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #44 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:56 AM »
I'm glad I stuck with the LX5 true flasher. I didn't get fancy talked into the new latest and greatest lcd digital bells and whistles. My daughter is using a Showdown 5.6 never had a problem but the IR interference reject on it sucks. That is my biggest complaint with most units. If the IR is not good you can't fish close to anyone else, well you can but it is a big pain in the @zz.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #45 on: Jan 19, 2015, 12:26 PM »
Clipped the transducer support on my LX-5 with my heel yesterday and broke it.
Wish I had bought one of those billet ones a member was making a few years ago.
Guess I'll have to build my own. ;)
Marcum's shipping price is 3X the price of the product.
:-\

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #46 on: Jan 19, 2015, 09:45 PM »
Clipped the transducer support on my LX-5 with my heel yesterday and broke it.
Wish I had bought one of those billet ones a member was making a few years ago.
Guess I'll have to build my own. ;)
Marcum's shipping price is 3X the price of the product.
:-\

I would think you could almost make one out of a coat hanger or something, or add a Styrofoam float like a vex.

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Jan 20, 2015, 11:42 AM »
Add mine to the list. I am fighting a losing battle. They are working on my showdown for the 6th time. I sent it in for the first time in December 2013 for an update and haven't been able to use it since. They keep sending it back to me saying that it is fixed and not once has it worked. ???

Offline Glowjigger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #48 on: Jan 20, 2015, 12:18 PM »
DrSpeckler: Whenever I have described my experience and dissatisfaction with Marcum on this site there are always a lot of happy Marcum owners who respond and seem to take it a bit personal. I never really understood why... If a fellow ice fisherman is having a lot of trouble with the same brand of product that you own why would it bother you if they let their frustrations be heard on the shanty. Well last year I got a Vexilar and I guess now I can understand. If anyone was ever dissing Vexilar it would be tough for me not to take it personal. Vexilar is awesome. The good news is that even if you did a thorough search of this site it would be really tough to find an unhappy Vex owner and even tougher to find someone dissing Vex customer service.

Pete/NY: I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had the same experience as you dealing with Marcum customer service... not answering the phone during business hours, they have never called me back after I left a voice-mail and I have left tons of voice-mails over the past year and if I send them 3 emails over the course of 10 days I am lucky to get 1 reply. The only advice I can give is that I have had the best luck with them answering the phone earlier in the morning.

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Jan 20, 2015, 06:37 PM »
DrSpeckler: Whenever I have described my experience and dissatisfaction with Marcum on this site there are always a lot of happy Marcum owners who respond and seem to take it a bit personal. I never really understood why... If a fellow ice fisherman is having a lot of trouble with the same brand of product that you own why would it bother you if they let their frustrations be heard on the shanty. Well last year I got a Vexilar and I guess now I can understand. If anyone was ever dissing Vexilar it would be tough for me not to take it personal. Vexilar is awesome. The good news is that even if you did a thorough search of this site it would be really tough to find an unhappy Vex owner and even tougher to find someone dissing Vex customer service.

Pete/NY: I completely understand where you are coming from. I have had the same experience as you dealing with Marcum customer service... not answering the phone during business hours, they have never called me back after I left a voice-mail and I have left tons of voice-mails over the past year and if I send them 3 emails over the course of 10 days I am lucky to get 1 reply. The only advice I can give is that I have had the best luck with them answering the phone earlier in the morning.
I called awhile back about upgrading a LX7 to a LX9 never received a call back. I had to send in my VX1Pro so I filled out the support ticket for the RMA # before work one morning. Took till the next day to get a reply saying I didnt give my full address. My bad but I responded immediately. No response all day. Called early the next morning to get the #. That was a week ago. No clue where I stand right now. My brother who has a LX7 has had no luck with anybody answering for him when hes called. His LX7 will be on the way in for a 2nd time in 3 years. Im not impressed with anything Marcum at this point.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #50 on: Jan 20, 2015, 07:03 PM »
I can say ive always had luck and no problems getting a hold of Marcum and getting R.A. numbers.i don't have luck with their products though.i have no problems with  Marcum customer service.

Offline moneypit2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #51 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:39 PM »
I thought I saw a post last night where DR. SPECKLER's LX3 was on the way back from the shop and he was going to give it another chance.  What happened to that post?  Didn't fit with the theme of the thread?
you got that right wonder where it went ok i got that in go ahead and delete my post like last time no biggie

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #52 on: Jan 21, 2015, 01:46 PM »
my post is still there..Marcum lx3tc should be back tomorrow or Friday.

Offline joefishmore

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Jan 21, 2015, 05:44 PM »
You did, take it easy now. We all just want our stuff to work and I will agree Marcum Showdowners are having some problems like Chevy,Ford,Toyota,Honda,Nissan,VW,Lexus,Audi,Acura,Dumb for 2 cars and others.

Honda or Ford or the rest will answer their phone. My experience is that Marcum won't.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #54 on: Jan 21, 2015, 06:57 PM »

Called them 3 times,twice they answered and the other time I called after hours.
<===Lefty===

Offline Jeremy_D

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #55 on: Jan 22, 2015, 05:33 PM »
So when they send them back do they let you know its on the way or does it just show up? Just wondering if I have a chance at going fishing this weekend or should I be making other plans for a 2nd weekend in a row mid season.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #56 on: Jan 22, 2015, 06:52 PM »
So when they send them back do they let you know its on the way or does it just show up? Just wondering if I have a chance at going fishing this weekend or should I be making other plans for a 2nd weekend in a row mid season.
I emailed them.it says in the instructions they gave with the RA to get in touch thru email and to not call them.my lx3tc is still not here.my other marcum flasher just showed up on the porch with no notice or a list of things they fixed last time I sent it in.

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #57 on: Jan 24, 2015, 01:23 PM »
Add mine to the list. I am fighting a losing battle. They are working on my showdown for the 6th time. I sent it in for the first time in December 2013 for an update and haven't been able to use it since. They keep sending it back to me saying that it is fixed and not once has it worked. ???

OUCH

Offline Icepuppy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #58 on: Jan 24, 2015, 05:57 PM »
It's looking like mostly the showdowns. I had the 3 and 5 for several years each, have the 7 now. Only out three times so far but it's great. It does jump around maybe two or three times (shows a depth change then reverts) in a 5-6 hour outing and the graph did freeze up once for about a second or two. I chalk this up to being LCD and computer based. The 3 and 5 I had were absolutely bullet proof and never had any hiccups but they just don't have some of the cool features. To each his own, this is a classic Ford/GM argument. Most people will rep what they own and if they had a pretty good experience that becomes the best for them. Much fewer have actually had both types and can even make a valid comparison argument. I wish a fishing show would take out all of the top units under the same conditions and rotate them amongst some pros to really see how they compare.

Offline WolfPack1

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #59 on: Jan 24, 2015, 06:43 PM »
I have never had a problem with Marcums customer service reguarding questions I have had with my units. The thing that I don't think people understand is that when someone buys one and it works great, 9 times out of 10 they are going to go out of their way to preach about how great it is. Now if someone has had a problem with theirs, 9 times out of 10 they are going to say something about it and bash it.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.