Author Topic: Stripers Through the ice  (Read 7239 times)

Offline TonyC

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Fish Control My Brain!!!!
Re: Stripers Through the ice
« Reply #30 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:50 AM »
Gotta say I checked the link, still skeptical but that's my problem, not anybody else's.

Congrats a hundred times. My biggest stripper, not through the ice, is 26lbs.

Never got one on the hard water, if the spruce goose here in NJ ever freezes (doubtful at this rate) I'll be thinking of that fish as I target a 6 or 7 lb hybrid. That would be most thrilling, can't even begin to imagine the Sully monster.

MikeThePike

« Reply #31 on: Jan 07, 2006, 03:51 PM »
I wasn't there to see Sully catch that monster but I can tell you I've watched this guy catch more than his fair share of big fish on a lake in NJ. He's put his time in and he's almost always the 1st on the ice and last off, both every day he goes out and for the season.

If you do a search online you can find numerous reports of 30+lb stripers taken from the Pack. Why is it so hard to believe there are fish of that class in there? If they are being caught there in open water why can't they be being caught thru the ice?

http://sites.state.pa.us/PA_Exec/Fish_Boat/bigfish03.htm --> 2 of the 5 biggest stripers caught that year came from the lake he caught his fish from.

Offline sully

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 07, 2006, 10:50 PM »
oh by the way,i do have some pics of the fish while i was still on the ice,the were takin with a regular cam,so i guess i will have to get someone to scan them..ill post them then...ill also post pics of the 20 pounder and the 2-15 pounders that i caught within 1 1/2 hrs of the 43 pounder....... ;D

Offline Pomoxis

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lawyers make the best chum.
« Reply #33 on: Jan 09, 2006, 10:51 PM »
Sully, I really tend to believe you, I want to. Just playing with what I saw in the picture. I had no idea there were pure stripers ANYWHERE in PA. And that fish is literally ONE WHOLE ORDER OF MAGNITUDE above anything I have seen or will ever hope for (through ice). I still want to know if it made a "Schluuurrrp" sound coming through the hole. ;D A 9" hole has a 28.3" circumference. A 29" circumference fish had to be a tight fit. I know what it takes to land a fish like that in open salt. Now, just tell me, what tackle and line weight did you use?
The more I fish, the more I  to fish, but the only  I need is BEER.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.