Author Topic: Year of Electric Auger???  (Read 2411 times)

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
Year of Electric Auger???
« on: Dec 30, 2005, 01:33 PM »
Does anyone happen to know what year the Strikemaster Electra Lazer 12000 DP came out?  I can't seem to find this out?  Also, if anyone can tell me if the strikemaster electric on Cabelas website is the new 12000 dp that would be helpful because it only says that its a strikemaster electra and i don't want to go and buy the old one by mistake ????

"That's how you do it...That is how you ice fish!" MM

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
Re: Year of Electric Auger???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:31 PM »
Let me see if I can research it for you. I know the power pack is the newer one developed within the last couple of years. I've wanted one myself but other circumstances right now prevent this from happening. (What ever)
I have researched this in the past, and found that according to the testers or manufacturer 1 charge is good for maybe 15 holes....as stated previously. But That was through 30+ inches.... (I think this is what I read) + you got the backup cables when the juice runs out. Here is my post from earlier this year: I think I will repost now that Christmas is over.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=25363.0

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:43 PM »
Do you get enough Ice down there to need power?

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #3 on: Dec 30, 2005, 04:59 PM »
Sometimes you need the power................. .Research complete! check your pm for the link

Offline Coastie

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 30, 2005, 07:33 PM »
I'm just joking around I still hand it and it gets old when there is more than a foot of ice.

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 30, 2005, 09:37 PM »
Yea, I just want to make sure I order the right one, as for power, I am not really concerned about that because I think it will be ok for what I want it to do, I just happen to fish a good amount of lakes where you can't have Gas Augers so this is a good way around that.  Thanks for the link HaveAuger Im checkin it out now.

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 06, 2006, 03:59 PM »
Just got mine, Already called tech. support....The charger light went green, but the green light on the auger did not come on "GOOD TO GO", just the yellow, "KEEP DRILLING". According to tech. support, the amps for the green light are 2 amp higher then needed. So they are saying it may not come on, but as long as the charger goes green you are fully charged. I also asked about drilling
 He said, the best he ever heard was 30 holes through 24 inches of ice on a single charge. In your other post, I think, someone wrote in and said if it gets too cold the battery will explode... not true. Maybe at
     -70F. He does not think, and I agreed with him, that anyone would be out there  fishing at that temp.
  The only draw back I see so far is waiting 90 seconds for the battery to recover after drilling. So I guess set up would be drill, baitup, set, move on. 

Offline shoretech

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2006, 06:11 PM »
HaveAuger where did you buy it?

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2006, 10:32 PM »
That's good to know, I ordered mine on Wednesday from thornebros.com so I am hoping to have it next week sometime and I'll post how it goes after I use it. Cabelas is already out of the 7inch, and whoever said the battery would explode has not done their research. Have you tried drilling yet, just wondering how the 90 second thing works cause I heard nothing about that anywhere.

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #9 on: Jan 07, 2006, 08:48 AM »
 I was going to buy a block or two of ice. Where I live ,we have no safe ice but are within a 2 hour drive of safe ice. Though 10 mile drive will yeild plenty of stripers under 23 inches  :-[

I hope to drill next weekend, this weekend was out for me. Blades are razor sharp just like they said.

SHORETECH Got mine mail-order through Cabelas. Try thorebros or the bobberstop if interested.

.....90 seconds ....it's in the manual

Offline AJ Flag

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • TEAM MERCER!!!
« Reply #10 on: Jan 07, 2006, 02:56 PM »
Ohhh ususally I skip that whole reading the manual thing, I might have to consider thinking about looking at it. lol

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.