Author Topic: ELECTRA LAZER 12000 DP Do Ya Have One?  (Read 1229 times)

Offline HaveAuger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
ELECTRA LAZER 12000 DP Do Ya Have One?
« on: Oct 09, 2005, 07:48 AM »
 I posted this earlier in the year and want to know, now that Christmas is over, has anyone else used this and what were your results: How many holes did you drill on 1 charge and how thick was the ice you were drilling?
TIA for reply  :) and Hope everyone enjoys the new year!

By now, someone has had to buy one and use it or the previous model. I am interested in this newer model (with battery pack) and was wondering if someone could tell me the pro's and con's to this. Anyone could help? Most likely cutting through less then 12" of ice (NJ,NY). I am not interested in the gas ones. TIA for reply  :)

Offline Good_Time_Ranger

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Re: ELECTRA LAZER 12000 DP Do Ya Have One?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 09, 2005, 03:57 PM »
HaveAuger:
I bought one last fall and had a good time using it this past winter.  I can usually get about 15 holes in 12-15 inches of ice befor I need to recharge.  I hook it up to the truck, ATV or snowmachine and it works great.  No smell or mess, just a nice steady cut.  Not a speed demon either.  I think you will be happy with it.

Offline stumper

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #2 on: Oct 10, 2005, 09:02 PM »
I had one and loved it,it was a 5'' and I mainly used it on 6 inches or less of ice. I onestly dont know how many hols per charge I got.I never had it die.Very nice ,quiet,clean.Used the same battery as my marcum lx3,so I had a spare if I ever needed it.

stump

Offline fishuhalik

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2005, 07:29 PM »
I've had a bunch of guys that bought 'em from me come back & tell me how much they love 'em for reopening holes in a perminent shack.  Outside the shack in 4 ft. of northern MN ice, though, is questionable

Always wear clean underwear, cuz ya never know when the paramedics are gonna have to cut your pants off.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.