Author Topic: Let's hear from everyone!!!  (Read 3169 times)

Offline Musky50

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Let's hear from everyone!!!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 17, 2014, 11:20 PM »
Though I don't anticipate ice fishing soon........these air temps are certainly going to push water temps down so when we get a good cold blast in the future.........it will be time to hit the ice!!

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Nov 18, 2014, 06:04 AM »
Well, seeing as how I broke my left leg and shattered my right heel August 3, I'm just now getting on both feet with the help of a cane.  From the looks of things, the earliest I might be able to get out on any ice might not be till sometime in January if then.  I can't remember the name of the guy I went fishing with last year on Bass Lake and we used my Polaris to get around.  If you read this, give me a holler on here.  If we get enough ice, we'll give it a try and ride out on the ATV.  Anybody else, I might be needing some help getting out there but it won't be for a while yet.  You guys have all been helpful and again I'll be making ice flies and will be happy to make some up for kids and events.  I might even be willing to make a few to sell.  Not sure how effective they are but I got some good reviews on what I did make.  Everyone be safe and tight lines to all. 

Offline chillinNgillin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Nov 18, 2014, 07:31 PM »

I think I'm ready if I can lighten up my gear.
It's been 6 months since they reattached my bicep tendon and still not 100%.
Jigging for walleye has got to be good therapy ;D

6 MONTHS!!! WOW that's not what I needed to hear just got mine reattached 2 weeks ago they just took the splint off today. I'll find some way to fish I just don't know if I can get em filleted. Well good luck to ya and be safe.

Offline icecrappie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • No ICE No FISH No Fish No Fun
« Reply #33 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:13 PM »
Checking in  hope to been on soon just no snow well be alright

Offline Cool Cat

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Nov 18, 2014, 08:55 PM »
LOL Looks like I'm not the only one that got messed up.  Maybe we need to have a handicapped derby for us wounded guys LOL.  Just a thought. 

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #35 on: Nov 19, 2014, 09:11 AM »
Hello IceFly good to hear from you well have to hit the cove soon never got the chance to fish with you yet.

Sounds like plan man.... can't wait!!! I still need to get some stuff around...lol.  Need bibs and new coat this year. Also have to switch the guts of my FL-8 over to the new housing (nephew accidentally melted the housing).... :-\

But at least it didn't hurt the electronics.

Offline Joe2727

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Nov 19, 2014, 10:11 AM »
We have ice in the channel on Camelot. If we get rain and 40's this weekend I'm sure the ice will be gone.

Offline Stinkybaits

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Nov 19, 2014, 01:16 PM »
Storm pushing thru here in buffalo got about 1 - 2 ft of the white stuff coming tonight and tomorrow but another warm up this weekend coming up will surely offset the ice AGAIN I already had a skim on the pond I go to and it was gone now with the cool off again I hope the 1 day of 45-50° weather won't effect it too much I'm hoping to be out before Xmas this year I mean I did buy 4 new rods 65 new jigs a new 8 inch Mora a new Eskimo quick fish 3 a new scoop made a new sled bout new line got a new fish finder and just ordered bait so I hope it hold up id LOVE  to be able to go by this next week

Lol doesn't look like you guys are going anywhere! Crazy stuff  over your way.

Offline crappieslayer37

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #38 on: Nov 19, 2014, 02:00 PM »
Sounds like plan man.... can't wait!!! I still need to get some stuff around...lol.  Need bibs and new coat this year. Also have to switch the guts of my FL-8 over to the new housing (nephew accidentally melted the housing).... :-\

But at least it didn't hurt the electronics.
  Ok let me know when, however I am now a first shifter (second for 8 years), so unfortunately through the week I'm unable to do mornings through the week so it will have to be an evening venture. I do have a weeks vacation that I'm putting aside just for ice.😍😍😍😍

Offline brockr5

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Nov 20, 2014, 08:56 AM »
Getting sled and poles out today!  Checking ice 11-22-14 spud bar in hand........
MORE MINNOWS?

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:26 AM »
Saturday, Sunday and Monday are supposed to have highs in the mid to high 40's with lows that are above freezing...  I hope that this weekend is the last of the moderate weather and we can start making ice on bigger bodies of water.  Ponds and channels are fun but I'm ready to have OPTIONS!
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline popnfish

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:35 AM »
Hi Guys

Offline Ice_Fly

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #42 on: Nov 20, 2014, 11:41 AM »
  Ok let me know when, however I am now a first shifter (second for 8 years), so unfortunately through the week I'm unable to do mornings through the week so it will have to be an evening venture. I do have a weeks vacation that I'm putting aside just for ice.😍😍😍😍

Sounds good. Ill Pm you sometime before long and well see whats up with the ice.  For the most part I fish evening bite anyways. Darn back still given fits so it's hard to get around at best (but still have a couple channels I fish when feeling decent). But, as long as I can walk and mam breathing Im down for it.....lol.

Offline Eye Fish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Nov 20, 2014, 12:13 PM »
Well i'll be heading for some channels here in an hour or so. I'll report back later, hopefully with good news.  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Well we had a good afternoon of fishing. The first channel we checked on the east side of wawasee still had open water. The second channel had around 2" of very clear ice. Didnt catch very many fish until just before dark. Didnt catch any keepers but still had fun for the first time out.

Offline chicagill34

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • They're biting by that guy over there!!
« Reply #44 on: Nov 20, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Get the Hunny Do list accomplished during this transition..and ice fishing prep,holidays whatever you have to do's,and maybe even vehicle prep,I got stuck at Missy and GSP Parking lot,get some salt,shovel  and maybe throw a chain in the back of the truck.

Offline Chub58

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Nov 20, 2014, 04:20 PM »
Can't wait to get out!!have lots of new equipment
To try out.we have some channels capped off but
Not safe yet hope the warm up doesn't hurt us to
Much.
Hut - Cabelas 360tc
Sonar - Vexilar double vision fl20 DTD flx28
Rods - Custom
Lure - Fiskas tungsten
Ride - 07' Polaris 700 dragon
Auger - Clam conversion Dewalt 20v Mora 6"

Offline Gillhunter97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Eat Sleep Repeat
« Reply #46 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:35 PM »
Hey eye fish, what channel was this in?

Offline Gillhunter97

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fish Eat Sleep Repeat
« Reply #47 on: Nov 20, 2014, 10:36 PM »
Hey eye fish, what channel was this in?

Offline OpryIcin

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Whither there is ice, that is where I shall be
« Reply #48 on: Nov 21, 2014, 01:57 AM »
Hey all!  I live in Tennessee and am CRAVING to get some hard water.  Just transplanted here from Colorado and the prospects for icing down here are pretty slim.  Looks like southern Indiana is going to be my best bet to find some ice this winter, as my wife is from New Albany and I can drop her and the girls off at her dad's house and the boy and I can get out to catch some fish!!! 

How far south in Indiana is there ever fishable ice?  Any chance on Deam Lake or Scottsburg Reservoir?  Even if I have to wait til January, I WILL be finding some ice to fish, and what better way than to come up to my wife's home state?!

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, and I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you.

Offline OpryIcin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #49 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:18 AM »
Patoka and Monroe look interesting as well.... just a bit further to drive.  It's already a 4.5 hour drive to get to New Albany.  =)

Offline Curt

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #50 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:40 AM »
Hey all!  I live in Tennessee and am CRAVING to get some hard water.  Just transplanted here from Colorado and the prospects for icing down here are pretty slim.  Looks like southern Indiana is going to be my best bet to find some ice this winter, as my wife is from New Albany and I can drop her and the girls off at her dad's house and the boy and I can get out to catch some fish!!! 

How far south in Indiana is there ever fishable ice?  Any chance on Deam Lake or Scottsburg Reservoir?  Even if I have to wait til January, I WILL be finding some ice to fish, and what better way than to come up to my wife's home state?!

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks, and I'm looking forward to hearing from some of you.

You are going to have slim pickings in the southern part of the state as far as ice fishing goes.  The ice belt seems to be the central part of the state and further north.  I'm not saying that they don't ever get ice down there because they do occasionally, but your best bet is to drive further north as you have a lot more options.

Offline High Tide

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Nov 21, 2014, 07:44 AM »
What he said... Indianapolis and up most years...
I wish I was good at ice fishing!

Offline OpryIcin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #52 on: Nov 21, 2014, 11:34 AM »
Thanks guys...  Hope cold temps this winter will freeze some stuff further south. 

Offline brink

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #53 on: Nov 21, 2014, 02:47 PM »
Thanks guys...  Hope cold temps this winter will freeze some stuff further south.

I would imagine that you will get some ice but not like if you were to take the fam on a weekend trip to Indy.  Let the wife do some shopping while you do some icing  ;D
That's some tasty iced tea.

Offline OpryIcin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #54 on: Nov 21, 2014, 03:13 PM »
True... I'm just needing to get a hole in some ice and fire up the flasher...  Perch would be my preference, but big gills or legal bass would be fine too.  White bass are good for smoking.  I C&R trophies but love eating perch and gills... 

If there's ice to be had, I'll find it.  Last year some of the smaller ponds around here in Tennessee got 3-4 inches of ice...  I have some pics of friends of mine walking around out on the ice.  If that happens again this year, I won't need to travel.  Something tells me I'll need to drive though.  :)

Thanks for the info.

Offline ice_mike

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #55 on: Nov 22, 2014, 02:59 PM »
I think I'm ready if I can lighten up my gear.
It's been 6 months since they reattached my bicep tendon and still not 100%.
Jigging for walleye has got to be good therapy ;D

6 MONTHS!!! WOW that's not what I needed to hear just got mine reattached 2 weeks ago they just took the splint off today. I'll find some way to fish I just don't know if I can get em filleted. Well good luck to ya and be safe.
There's no way I could have hit the ice for at least 6 weeks after surgery. Even then I wouldn't have been able to drill holes or drag my gear out.
Do exactly what they tell you and don't cheat on the home therapy.
I hope you recover fast and can get out on the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.