Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649082 times)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #11010 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:13 AM »
Good Morning ER's  Well it is a Native Indian drum recording Eddie, it will work up a sweat, no wonder I slept a straight 8 hours.  Have to hit the ditch in half hour for the opening shift.  Congrands on some for the freezer.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11011 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:31 AM »
Good morning early risers Cool down during the overnight hours fifty at 11PM Tuesday 39 at 7:30 Am this morning.
IFF good idea on the check list glad you spotted and fixed flat bike tire .
Wallyworld any plans to get out of kitchen or are there still more cookies to bake.
Eddie congratulations :clap: :thumbsup: persistence paid off for you.
Mr.Turkey your wife sounds like a family friend always leave his home with several bags of left overs. May all invited have safe trip to your home.
Hunts2longnice to read your wife is doing well and no sign of skin cancer.
Ice Wanderer did you bring any walleyes,home from yesterday's trip.

Have a safe and good Wednesday.
Steve                                                                                                                                                                                   

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11012 on: Dec 20, 2017, 09:10 AM »
Morning all,

H2L.....great news on the lack of cancer  :thumbsup: :clap:  those pictures are awesome, thanks for sharing  :clap:

TT....thanks for the offer of recipes, I know my brother struggles to get & keep his numbers under control  :-\  sounds like you'll be having a full house for Christmas  :)  :) hope the weather cooperates for those that will be traveling to & from  ;)

MrC....think the bakery is pretty much shut down for this year  :woot:  still need to make a buffalo chicken dip & a perch dip but that's about it  :)

WS....safe travels if you decide to hit the road north tomorrow  @)  hope to see some walleye pics before I forget what they look like  :woot:

IFF....have a good day at work, hope time passes quickly  ;)

After 2 days of 40s & 50s, some wind & some rain most of the snow WAS gone.  Woke to a couple inches of new snow & it's still coming down  :o  Drove out and checked fishing camp and the lake yesterday....camp was fine, 2 mice in traps, lake appeared mostly skimmed over which would be great if it was turning cold and no snow. Unfortunately the weatherman is calling for between 6 & 12" between now &  Friday  >:(

Have a good day at work, play or shopping. Stay safe.

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11013 on: Dec 20, 2017, 12:16 PM »
Afternoon all!  I just wanted to jump on here real quick and congratulate Eddie on the nice buck!  Whoohoo!  Nothing like waiting until the last possible moment! lol  Maybe you just passed on a bunch the last couple of weeks to keep us in suspense?  ::)  hahaha

Hope everyone is having a great day!

DN ;) 
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11014 on: Dec 20, 2017, 08:14 PM »
WW, work went fine, until I couldn't find the fishing phone, really didn't hurt my feelings as all the calls were those wanting me to do their shopping.  ::)  The same guy called twice, wanting to know if we had the Helix 7 ice machine, told him no.  Not in this store, nor is it available on our web sight to order.  Twenty minutes later, he calls again, this time he is in the store.  Again told him we do not have that in an ice machine.  I hang up and there he is asking me where it is.  ::)  I couldn't help from  :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: Under my breath I was saying to my self, I bet I know how he votes too !!

60* as I head home in the 22 miles of stop and go traffic.  Temp is surpose to take a real dive of over 40* with some snow flakes.  Some people didn't like the song I was singing, to the tune of "White Chistmas"  Which was ♫♪  "I'm dreaming of an ICE Christmas, just like the ones I used to know, With the perch biting, the Walleyes hiding, and sounds of augers on the Ice."♪♫

Bud

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #11015 on: Dec 20, 2017, 09:12 PM »
Evening, All

Got to almost 50 today, cloudy, no real breeze to speak of, rain for the weekend

Mason - Finally got the one with your name on it, Like Yogi said, 'it ain't over till it's over', Congrats, way to go

I.F.F. - It will all be over in a few more days, and you can go 'ppbbftt' to it all, and then the fun starts with the returns

Mrs. W.W. - Some well deserved time off after the baking marathons, thanks for the pictures of all the goodies

H2L - Glad to hear about the good Dr. report on the skin for the wife, my #1 stepdaughter had a kidney transplant 15 years ago, I know about the trials and tribulations
     that both of you will be going thru, don't hesitate to ask questions about things, always glad to help in one way or another

T.T. - 18 people is a good crowd, have fun and enjoy the holidays with them; I have a scant few of my mother's recipies for different food items, I have to grill my younger sister
     for them so I can enjoy eats 'from another time', dad was german-irish, mom was polish, was some good food to be had, that's for sure

Time for some fishing reports, guys, some of you made it out, how did it go?

Starting over with the ice, it's all gone, the lakes and ponds here melted down, so will have to start from scratch, if mother nature lets us; grouted today at the tile job, she was
     there, all giggly and happy with the way it came out, tomorrow will reset the toilet-cove base under the vanity-clean up tools-will be back after the holidays for other things
     but she is not in the big rush as long as it gets done

Time for bed - catch all tomorrow

Stay Warm-Be Safe-Have Fun-Tight Lines or Straight Shots-Records & Limits-Good Eats-Get Well Soon

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11016 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:58 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

The truck is running and I am out the door  :thumbsup: Looks like I will be just ahead of the arctic blast that will be hitting us tomorrow through Christmas. I am guessing the roads will be greased up as it has been snowing most of the night, nothing heavy just enough to allow you to get the drifting effect ;D

4 hours and I should be on the beach. If I have any luck I will post a picture.

Hope you all have an excellent Thursday! Stay safe

WS

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11017 on: Dec 21, 2017, 03:00 AM »
Good luck Marv!  Safe travels!

DN

8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #11018 on: Dec 21, 2017, 03:41 AM »
Good Morning Marv, Mr. Ninja, Morning Everyone,
  Windy and 26* on the Hill this am with a high of 29 today expected here today.
  Thank You all for the congrats on the deer..along with Buds harvest song, think I must have stepped in a pile of something on my way into the stand on Tuesday!  ;D  Thanks everyone! Tried posting a picture yesterday but my first generation IPad apparently doesn't have the capability with PostImage. If anyone else here ha a similar IPad, would appreciate any info on how or who you use to do it with, thanks.

H2..great report from the Dr.'s on your wife, fantastic news!!  :clap: :thumbsup:  Thank for sharing the picture of the deer, some beautiful bucks!  :thumbsup:
  Jeff..how did you Jon do on the walleyes?
  Marv..best of luck today, drive safe and looking forward to your report Sir!  :thumbsup:  :icefish:
  Tom..wow, you're going to have a full house on Christmas, that's wonderful.  Sounds like plenty of Christmas goodies for everyone, enjoy!   :thumbsup:
  Steve...persistence is a great word, I'll put that on the board today for Word of the day! Thank you!  :thumbsup:  Heading to to your sisters for Christmas?
  Wally..glad to hear the baking is complete, but that snow report..yuck! Will be checking in on coffee break to see how much you ended up with. Sounds like a busy day with snow removal..don't overdo it!
  Mr.Ninja...good one!!   :roflmao: :thumbsup:  Thank you Sir!
  Bud..guess some people just won't take no for an answer, lol. I like the new lyrics, good stuff!   :roflmao: :clap:
  Capt.Jim...glad to hear the homeowner is tickled over the tile work, great job Sir!   :clap: :thumbsup:

My daughter's Birthday is today, amazing, she is now 28! The Mrs. and I are  going to take her out for dinner to a Japaneese restaurant this evening she's fond of and meet up with a few of the family members as a surprise, should be a fun evening.
  News on Baby Ryan is he continues to improve slowly and as the Dr.'s have told my niece, he's in a marathon not a sprint, so slow and steady wins the race. He may be released from the ICU by the end of the weekend, so that's great news! :thumbsup:
  Time to get moving....cawfee's on gang!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11019 on: Dec 21, 2017, 04:16 AM »
Good Morning All,   Go get em Marv  :thumbsup:

Eddie, not a song....the dance.  Well I guess the chant is like a song.  I don't recall one for Ice, guess that comes after it appears  :unsure:

Just looked out, no white stuff, just down from 66* to 29* so far, guess the moisture hits the fan around 6 AM.  I will continue with my song and go scouting.

Now for some coffee.
Bud

Offline captain54

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11020 on: Dec 21, 2017, 05:02 AM »
Morning to all.
Congrats Eddie,any buck is a good one.
 H2 Good news.
DN where did the cold weather go?
TT sounds like your Christmas dinner will be busy. I'm miss those huge holiday gatherings. Unfortunately most of my family have passed on.
WW you deserve a rest. My mother did the same as you and I'd have to deliver a tray of cookies and home made candy to just about every person in the world.lol
Well I found a little something fun to do,not my exact favorite thing to do but better than nothing. I hit a stocked lake about 3 miles from my house,they stocked 1200 brook trout about 8 days ago. I fished where the mouth of the steam meet the lake I caught 11  fish in 35 minutes. They where quit aggressive and took a nymph very well. They are about the prettiest fish you can find. They weren't very big but full of their spawning colors. They were all about 10-12" fish and where fun to catch on my Ultra light 9' noodle rod, I used a microscopic strike indicator to detect the hits but they smashed it. lol I'm not a fan of trout on the table but I'd imagine they would be the better ones to eat if one wanted to. I remember my grandma frying them with there heads on in a big black cast iron skillet. My grandpap liked them. lol
Oh well be safe out there folks. Time for a coffee and maybe another morning with the brookies. No shoulder to shoulder in the winter fishing, I was the only one there. Hey today is the first day of winter come on ice it's been 3 years since we had great ice.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #11021 on: Dec 21, 2017, 05:05 AM »
                  Good morning ER's,
                           It's 14* here on my hill, getting ready for another snow event tomorrow! It is the 1st day of winter and
                  the shortest day of the year! :woot:
                           Marv........I hope you bring home a monster. :flex:
                           Bud........Don't worry you'll get enough snow ::)
                           Steve......We had a lot of flags a lot of hit and spits, it rained while we were out and that's when we got the
                  most action. We were able to bring 2 nice ones home one each!

We were out late and the skies cleared, that's when the bite turned off. We did give it some time but it never picked
                   up.
                             I slept in yesterday morning and when I woke I was running behind schedule, that why I didn't post yesterday!
                             I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11022 on: Dec 21, 2017, 06:35 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....a couple nice looking fish, congrats  :thumbsup: :clap:

WS.....safe travels to & from  ;)  hope the bite is on  :flex:

Cap54.....at least you got some fishing time in  ;)2

Eddie......happy birthday wishes to your daughter  :clap:  enjoy the dinner celebration  :)

IFF.....you must have the patience of a saint to put up with John Q Public everyday  :bow: :woot: 

Some last minute errands to take care of today, a party tonite.  Heading to MA tomorrow morning, weather forecast looking pretty dicey  >:( 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11023 on: Dec 21, 2017, 07:07 AM »
Happy first day of winter. Hopefully it will be an old fashioned one that stays cold except for the normal short January thaw. The ground is froze where it is bare here so maybe I will not be blowing grass and dirt along with the snow. It is guessed to be a cold and possibly snowy Christmas day.

Shortly after getting home from getting groceries yesterday in Big Rapids, I got a call from my grand daughter. She wanted to now if we were going to be going  there this week. She wanted me to pick up some laminate flooring for her at Menards. What is a grand father to do other than help her out. I went back to pick it up. I got plenty of exercise getting it as I had to walk through the remodeling to get to the special order desk in the back of the store and then walk back to the front to get the van. I drove around to the back of the store only to find that it was another long walk to get back to the desk. I walked a ways towards there and saw a guy. I yelled at him to bring my flooring to where I was told to pick it up. Have I ever told you how much I do not like shopping at Menards?

WS You need to go old school before cutting a big spearing hole only to find thick weeds. I have checked below the ice quite a few times by drilling a 6 inch hole, getting down with my coat over my head to check for weeds. It would be easier now with my Aqua Vue.

18 is about normal at any gathering. We had been in the mid 20's before the wife's step daughter estranged her family from us.

54 I have eaten a lot of brookies over the years.  I always enjoyed them unless  they were fresh planters. We do not have to worry about that any more as the DNR does not plant brookies much any more. It is all about the big lake fishery any more and that is failing because of lack of feed in the big lakes.

I guess I had better post this before I lose it as the sight is acting funny.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11024 on: Dec 21, 2017, 09:04 AM »
 :) ;DGood morning ER's, haven't been on here lately but like most of us I guess, getting the itch for ice fishing. Looked at a few local ponds here in SW Iowa yesterday and only about 2 in. of ice but with colder weather coming in later on hoping to be on ice around New Years or so.  :tipup: Gonna grab a buddy of mine after while and drive out to local county park and spend some time picking up trash. We do this several times a year as no one else seems to have the time, plenty have time to throw it on the ground tho(?) Have a great day all  ;D
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11025 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:49 AM »
Ok now the kitchen is closed for real  :woot:

Raspberry crumb bars (my son's favorite )

Buffalo chicken dip

Perch dip

Now we just need Mother Nature to hold off on the snow/ice event tomorrow  ;)

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11026 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:54 AM »
Wallyworld, those raspberry crumb bars look amazing!! Would you PM  me the recipe if you don't mind sharing it. Thanks!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11027 on: Dec 21, 2017, 10:55 AM »
Will do  :)

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11028 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:01 AM »
Great!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11029 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:04 AM »

Here you go....enjoy ;D

Offline tbern

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11030 on: Dec 21, 2017, 11:31 AM »
Very kind of you, appreciate it!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11031 on: Dec 21, 2017, 01:12 PM »
Good afternoon everyone.

Not the worst day a  21" and  a 21.5".

Not a soul out here ???

WW, I am staying warm and dry.

I will report again later.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11032 on: Dec 21, 2017, 01:24 PM »
Nice job WS   :bow: :flex: :clap:  thanks for the update, much appreciated  :thumbsup: ;)2

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11033 on: Dec 21, 2017, 01:46 PM »
 :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: WTG Marvin.
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #11034 on: Dec 21, 2017, 02:59 PM »
Good afternoon 9:45ers blue skies and sunshine currently heading over to the house in a while need to get my supply of wrapping paper .Christmas shopping is finished now have to get everything wrapped. Hope to get canvas put on my flip over this Saturday. I took 2 sets of auger blades with me to Lake George for sharpening received them back in yesterday's mail . Looks like they left a burr on edges of both sets think I'll freeze some water in 5 gal. bucket and see how they cut hopefully will not need to send blades back.
Wallyworld a safe Journey to your sons glad to read holiday treats are done and ready for the trip. Fingers crossed that after Christmas colder temperature will allow more ice to form for both of us on respective lakes.
IFF joys of working retail during holiday season guess customer thought if he pestered you enough some how you would find item he wanted to purchase.
Whopper Stopper nice to see you got trip to northern MN. in and iced some nice walleyes.
Ice Wanderer congratulations to you and Jon NY. on successful first outing .
Captain 54 have fun catching brook trout may colder weather visit your area soon so you can try for them through the ice.
Eddie happy I provide a word for you to post on the board. Happy Birthday wishes to your daughter may everyone enjoy the party. refresh my memory did she get married or is wedding date in the future remember her getting engaged last year.
Captain Jim nice to read your client is happy and in no rush to have job completed before Christmas.
Hunts2long thanks for the photo impressive set of antlers on deer in fore ground.
Iowapackfan welcome back  may ice conditions improve out your way.
Mr.Turkey nice job helping out the grand daughter. 

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11035 on: Dec 21, 2017, 05:39 PM »
Steve, if the curled edge is to the bottom side your good to go, thats what I look for when shaping mine, its a pretty minute curl only detectable by a finger nail slid from the mid area of blade off the bottom edge  ;D
Bud

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11036 on: Dec 21, 2017, 06:49 PM »
Evening everyone!   I’m in the same boat as Steve.  I have been hiding and stockpiling gifts for awhile now and tomorrow I have to wrap. :-\. Tempted to leave them in the shipping boxes so I have nice square boxes to deal with.  LOL!  Capt54, glad you got out to catch some fish.  No ice here this coming weekend, but next should be a lock unless we get a pile of snow in the meantime.  Praying for cold and clear!

Marv and IW, nice eyes! Congrats!  This next week is going to be really tough for me just watching the water re-freeze here again.  :P

Hope everyone has a good evening.   Kinda busy here tonight.  My kid has college friends over doing a gift exchange, so I’m relegated to my little corner in the garage until they leave.  lol

DN

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11037 on: Dec 21, 2017, 07:12 PM »
Good evening ER's hope all is well with everyone. H2L nice news on the medical front. Eddie glad Ryan is close to getting out of icu. IW nice fish. WS nice fish. Cap 54 the brookies are indeed a beautiful fish. H2L nice shots of those Big Bucks. We get does by the dozen all the time but only one big buck stayed in the yard all day it was cool. Hope everyone that's going out tomorrow stays topside and catches a few.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #11038 on: Dec 21, 2017, 08:00 PM »
Good evening everyone!

I ended up catching 10 but couldn't break 22". It's been a day,  now I have 4 hours on the road. I am hoping the roads are better so I can shave some time off. Tomorrow we have a Christmas get together at noon or I would find a flea bag to hold up in.

Catch you all another time!

Night!

WS

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #11039 on: Dec 21, 2017, 08:05 PM »
Safe travels home Marv!  Nice fish!  Looks like it was a good day!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.