Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1649349 times)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #10020 on: Sep 30, 2017, 05:07 AM »
Morning all,

IW......not a good day for the garage sale  :(  altho I think the people that attend those types of events pretty much show up no matter what   :wacko:

Eddie.....good luck on the river  :flex:

IFF....hope you enjoyed your day off  @)

WS......bet your s-i-l has some amazing stories to tell after her adventure  :thumbsup:

Fishing was pretty slow yesterday  :'(  but it was a nice day to be out, sunny, not too hot and not many other boats out  :)  managed 2 just legal eyes, 1 perch & 1 crappie along with 5 short eyes. marked lots of fish, just couldn't get them to bite  :-\ 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10021 on: Sep 30, 2017, 05:56 AM »
Good Morning IW, Wally! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

Chilly this morning with the temps reaching mid 60's later.

Eddie hope this finds you on the water catching fish Sir :thumbsup:

Stay dry IW, they have the big all city junk sales here too. Yuck :cookoo:

Wally, almost time for you to start baking again. Can't wait to see what you make this year :clap: :clap: :clap:

Yesterday the guy came and bought my canoe so all worked out well :clap: When he was done loading it on his car (nightmare  :woot:) I asked if he had any interest in a electric motor for it. He looked the one over I had and bought that too. This was actually the hardest it's been to sell anything, probably because I wouldn't budge on the price. The guy yesterday was about the 3erd that actually came to see it. Many inquired and always a few #%$@# that are just playing games. The guy was buying it for his sons 13th Birthday, always nice when things find a new good home :thumbsup:

Best of luck if hitting the water or busting through the prickly ash :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10022 on: Sep 30, 2017, 06:46 AM »
Overcast this morning and some light rain.
WW, glad you got out and into some fish. Season it getting close to over. I am hoping for at least 1 or 2 more trips before the boat is put away. They have pulled the plug on the lake as it has dropped a foot in one week.
Went and picked up my MZ tag yesterday. Hard to believe that the season opens in 2 weeks. I will do my best to live up to my on-line name....lol.
Have a good and safe weekend....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10023 on: Sep 30, 2017, 07:06 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Got the Friday inquire call if working Saturday, to go fishing.  So passed on that.  My day off included completely spacing out that it was trash day.   ::)  Watched a little baseball history being made.  Rockies lead off batter Charlie Blackmon's breaking the rbi record, for a lead off batter.  :flex: :clap:  The magic number being 1 with 2 games left to make the play offs.

Know how that goes Marv, I advertised a $119 item when new for $60 and had one caller offering $20.  Should have ask if he wanted to rent it  ::) :whistle:
So much for my plan on selling a lot of unused stuff this last month.  Believe I have Sunday and Monday off this coming week but would rather be fishing instead of trying to have a garage sale.

Haven't kept up on the finer points of the ACA Steve, just know we have Medicare and no other supplement insurance. Know with the ACA in place Mrs prescriptions were a lot less $$.

h2l  Good luck on filling you MZ tag when it comes time to get after them.

Well daylight is not to far off, might as well welcome the weekend.

Good day to all.

Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10024 on: Sep 30, 2017, 08:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's good job on moving the canoe WS and it going to a good home. I hear you bud on renting at 20.00 I let the new otter go for 150.00 would have kept it if I had a sled to drag it around. IFF hope your lead off hitter sets a new record. I do have to root for the brewers though to catch your team and make the playoffs. Time to get ready for the badger game I'd rather be at the big garage sale with 80,000 other people though. Have a good weekend to all.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10025 on: Sep 30, 2017, 09:15 PM »
Old Goat, sorry about that.  The clouds cleared just enough to see the 8" of snow on the mountain peak west of Denver.  Now there is definitely a chill in the air.  Didn't get a call so guess not going fishing in the morning.  Guess I will sleep in  ;D 
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10026 on: Oct 01, 2017, 04:45 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                           It's 39* and clear on this 1st day of October here on my hill, frost will be reported around the area. For
                   some reason I'm pretty well protected early in the year but colder at other times! ???
                           Marv......Glad to hear you were able to sell the canoe and motor. :clap:
                           Bud.......I've lost interest in baseball over the years, the players that are prima donnas have soured the
                   sport for me. I was a diehard Brooklyn Dodger fan at the dismay to my father and brother, until they moved to
                   the west coast. Then I joined my family and became a Yankee fan. :o
                           Wally......Any day out fishing is better than a day at work! :thumbsup:
                           It didn't rain too long yesterday and I heard that there were a lot of people at the sale, when I took my
                   DIL's stuff down at 6 am there were people starting to shop even in the rain, don't figure. :cookoo:
                           I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or at play!

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #10027 on: Oct 01, 2017, 05:13 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 39* this am, high in the low 60's expected today. Great weather for the opening day of bow season here in NY, best of luck to all the hunters today!!    :thumbsup:

Bud..meant to ask you, what town is your new job in? Good luck with the garage sale... :thumbsup:
  OG..I'd imagine you could find some really good deals at that big garage sale. My wife and daughters have gone to it before, just a few too many people for me to deal with.
  H2..the fishing should start getting a little better with the cooler temps, hope your last few trips of the season are the best ones!   :thumbsup:
  Marv..congrats on selling both the canoe and trolling motor, thats awesome!! Hope that young man receiving it gets many years of pleasure out of it.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...glad you got into some fish and not much too much boat traffic. Best of luck to Mr.WW today, hope he gets the opportunity to harvest one of those nice bucks this morning! Looking forward to your report... :thumbsup:
  Jeff..best wishes to your DIL on the garage sale, hope that pays off for her!   :thumbsup: Was wondering if you got the frost on the ground this morning?

Left yesterday morning about 2:45am for another solo trip to Pulaski. Had rainy conditions from the time I left until about the last 20 miles of the 140 mile ride. Made it streamside just a few moments after sunrise. Did fairly well all things considered, there sure was a lot of fishermen/women as expected.
  I hooked up 7 times and landed 3 this trip, that was enough to satisfy me and get a decent dose of that tug drug fix I was looking for this season. Headed back home around 3pm and made it back on time to have pizza and and a few laughs with the grandchildren before the eyelids started closing. Think the only regret was not doing it with my sons, hopefully next season.
  My sons are high and dry in their tree stands right now, hope to receive a text or two within the next hour or so on what's going on with the deer sightings...will keep you posted!
  Cawfee's on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Morning Jeff, see you posted as I was still searching for letters....thought for sure you'd have frost this am.

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10028 on: Oct 01, 2017, 05:25 AM »
Morning all,

32* here this morning  :o  sure glad I covered my pepper plants last night or they'd be goners  >:(  with the late start they had in the spring the peppers are in full swing right now  :clap: supposed to warm up again in a day or two so I should still have plenty to harvest yet  @)

IW.......hope your d-i-l sold lots of treasures yesterday  ;)  I think the hot humid weather keeps more people away from those venues than cool wet weather  :-\ are you all set for tonight's light show  ???

IFF....hope you're catching some good zzzzzzzzzzzz's   ;D

WS......Yep it will soon be time to bake up some treats for the FD's Halloween party for the kids  >:D  Going to be a challenge this year as we will be in MA from the 24th till the 30th babysitting the grandkids while my son & d-i-l go on vacation  :blink:  might have to bake before we go & freeze them  ;)

Eddie.....hope your arms are tired this morning from reeling in a mess of fish  :woot: :flex:

Have a good day doing whatever's on the planner. Stay safe.

Morning Eddie......glad to hear you had a good day on the river  :clap: :thumbsup: :bow: 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10029 on: Oct 01, 2017, 06:10 AM »
35* here this morning.
Eddie, glad you had a good trip and got into some fish. Hope you get a call from the boys soon. Good luck to them
WW, this week should be good for the peppers.
IW, some people can never have enough junk.
Have a good Sunday...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10030 on: Oct 01, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Good Morning Everyone :bow:

53 heading to 65 later today with another good batch of rain and showers now through Tuesday Morning.

Congratulations on the fishing Eddie :clap: Can't wait to hear how your boys are doing with the deer hunting, best of luck to them  :thumbsup:

IW glad to hear your d-i-l had good luck moving the merchandise. Have a good Sunday  :thumbsup:

Wally best of luck to the Mr hunting today :thumbsup: Hearing deer talk adds fuel to my hitting the woods in a couple of weeks.

Heading north this afternoon to help celebrate some lifelong friends 60th wedding anniversary. Unbelievable it's been 5o years since we first met, should be a great time.

Best of luck to those fishing, or sitting  in a stand :thumbsup: Stay safe !

WS

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10031 on: Oct 01, 2017, 08:21 AM »
Good morning early risers big cool down from last weekend . Spent part of Saturday doing more house clean out with my sister and taking items to local transfer station before it closed for the day. I went back up to Marist in the evening to watch women's Soccer team play against Manhattan College they lost 4 to 2 second lost game of the week . they are now playing teams in their conference so will have to start winning if they want to advance to post season play.
Whopper Stopper congratulations on selling canoe and trolling motor .
Eddie good to hear you landed a few salmon makes for a better trip. Best to your sons today hope you get texts asking for help getting deer out of the woods.
Ice Wanderer how did your DIl make out from the garage sale . A lot of the early morning shoppers are probably antique dealers and shop owners looking for items they can buy cheap and resell at a higher price. Did your wife enjoy her surprise or is she still in Vermont.
Hunts2long may you get in a few more walleye fishing trips before storing your boat for the Winter. Best to you this muzzle loader season.
Wallyworld congrats on the fish. Best to your husband this bow season. If you bake cookies for the Halloween party before heading to MA. don't leave them at the fire house might vanish before party. ;D
IFF I know my employer tries to keep part time employees from reaching full medical benefit status even though they get limited coverage under our union contract.I do not follow baseball that closely anymore but quite a few records being set this year .Yankee's rookie star Arron Judge recently set new record for home runs by a rookie.

Have a good Sunday everyone . Best to all fishing and hunting be safe while enjoying the outdoors.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10032 on: Oct 02, 2017, 01:15 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Hope you all had a nice weekend!! 
  Just a slight breeze and 43* this am, high of 65 expected here today. We're starting at 4am again today, so just wanted to drop a short reply before the rat-a-tat-tat of jack hammering begins my work week... ;D

Yesterday's opening day of bow season here didn't produce for my sons, but they both saw some deer. Both held off on taking does, waiting patiently in hopes of a clean shot at one of a few good looking bucks they have on their cameras. They'll be back at it this morning, working the night shift has its good points too I guess. Hopefully, I'll get a text at some point this am with a good report.
Will catch up to you all this afternoon.....cawfee's on!

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #10033 on: Oct 02, 2017, 03:24 AM »
Good Morning Eddie! Good Morning Everyone :bow:

55 with heavy rain, heading to 70 and rain later this afternoon. It looks like another washout is heading my way. Last night the boss called and said to give him a call before heading in. He didn't think we would be able to get on any lawns today. Then the rain moved in overnight and it has been coming down since midnight, unless he has something indoors I would guess the day will be called off.

The anniversary party was excellent yesterday. I got to visit with a bunch of people that I haven't seen in years. There was lots of catching up to do and stories to to share and hear. The lives and travels of childhood friends sure have taken some crazy twists along the way, some very challenging. It sure makes you appreciate things a lot more.

Eddie, may the boys have better luck this morning. Hope your phone buzzes with a hunting story.

Wally how did the Mr do yesterday? Will he be hunting all week?

Best of luck no matter what you have on the planner today :thumbsup: Above all stay safe!

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10034 on: Oct 02, 2017, 05:17 AM »

Good morning Eddie, Marv, ER's,
                      It's 42* and clear skies here on my hill with a high expected in the mid sixties, Fall is here.
                      Eddie......Too bad the boys weren't able to connect, but the season is still early!
                      Marv.......Rain isn't good for you guy trying to get out on the grass. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed the party!
                      Wally....... How did Mr. WW make out?
                      Bud......... How are things at the store?
                      The weather cooperated for the big garage yesterday and people were still going at it at 5:30 last night, I think
              a record attendance for a Sunday was made. Here is a picture of Main St. it really doesn't show how packed it was.

I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10035 on: Oct 02, 2017, 06:33 AM »
Morning all,

Thoughts & prayers to all the victims in the Las Vegas shooting  :'( :'(  The world continues to get crazier every day  :cookoo: :%$#!:

Eddie.......glad to hear your sons are patient & not shooting the first thing they see  :bow:  these cool crisp mornings are perfect for sitting in the woods, hope they get a shot at bullwinkle this morning  ;)

WS.....sorry to hear your day is gettimg washed out  >:(   >:(   glad you had a good time at the party, always nice to catch up with old friends  :clap:

IW....looks like a busy day on Main St  :woot:  I always feel bad for the "locals" when there's events like that  :(  how did Mrs IW like the lights  ???

MrC....hope the soccer team starts adding to the win column  ;)  no worries about leaving cookies at the firehouse, I know better, I've seen those guys eat  :roflmao: :whistle:  the treats will remain under lock & key in my freezer till we get home  ;)2 :woot:

No venison hanging at camp yet  :(  MrWW still has a couple more days before his return home so anything's possible  ;)  after getting the skunk last season I would imagine if a good sized doe appears he won't hesitate to take the shot, or maybe even one of the black & white ones that we caught on camera  :o :blink: :laugh:

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10036 on: Oct 02, 2017, 07:40 AM »
Good Morning ER's

Went to make a post and it got dumped, saying my connection was interrupted ?  So will try again.

Jeff, last I was in the store was from 11:00 till 4:00 Saturday,  Seemed pretty slow in the way of shoppers, might have been due to the new Scheels store opening a few miles north.  I've heard its a Huge store.  My week starts out Tuesday 3 till 9 closing.

Just as my head hit my pillow Mrs was telling me of the shooting in Las Vegas.  Got some moisture last night, and news was talking about up to 20" of snow on the northern mountains.  Bet that gets the Elk moving.  Thinking I may as well put the cover on the boat, its not going anywhere soon, and maybe putting the short sleeved shirts away.

have a good day all.

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10037 on: Oct 02, 2017, 08:08 AM »
Good morning early risers patchy fog in spots this morning quite the change temperature wise from last week.The colder weather and start of bow season must have put the deer on the move I saw at least twelve does while making a mid-day trip to the western part of my county yesterday.
Eddie hope you remembered your hearing protection those jack hammer make quite a racket . May you get messages today from your sons about harvesting nice bucks.
Whopper Stopper sounds like you maybe doing equipment maintenance today if you do have to work. Glad the anniversary party was a good time not many couples make it to 60 years.
Ice Wanderer just a friendly reminder renew the registration on the vehicle you took photo from appears it will expire next month. Did you DILl turn a profit at the community garage sale?
Wallyworld home made cookies always disappear fast . ;D :whistle: Hope Mr.WW gets a shot before having to come home from hunting camp. Did your peppers survive the frost?
IFF that much snow should have the elk and mule deer heading for lower elevations .

Have a safe and good Monday . Best to all fishing and hunting.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10038 on: Oct 02, 2017, 08:29 AM »
OMG, I did not realize the impact of the Las Vegas shooting, until turning on the TV a few minutes ago.  Thought and prayers for all that are affected by this horrible act. :cookoo: just plain  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10039 on: Oct 02, 2017, 01:41 PM »
You got that right IFF  :'( :'( :'(

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10040 on: Oct 02, 2017, 02:38 PM »
My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those impacted by the Los Vegas shooting!!  :'( On a more upbeat note, how about our new look?? I'm still looking around to find everything. I don't think we lost anything, and actually gained some new features. I hope everyone has a good evening. I start a new shift tomorrow, working 7-4. I haven't gotten up that early unless fishing was involved!! ;)
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10041 on: Oct 02, 2017, 03:23 PM »
After seeing IFF's post this morning turned on Television and watched CNN for a bit one can only wonder what would motivate/drive a person to commit such an act. So many questions some of which maybe answered in the coming days as investigation of shooting unfolds.

OldSailor may you have few problems getting adjusted to your new schedule.
Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #10042 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:30 AM »
Good morning ER's! Welcome to the 'new' site! It sure is a new look without a doubt!! I hope everyone finds their way around and doesn't get lost!  ;) I was off yesterday and had the time to wonder around the site and also to ask a couple of questions. If you have problems, don't hesitate to ping on Scott about them! I hope everyone has a great day at their choosing!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Deal Ninja

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10043 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:46 AM »
Morning OS and ERs.  Wow, what a change!  I'm still struggling to find my way around and exactly what each of those little icons in the mobile version means. lol!  I'll get it eventually!  Like trying to teach a bunch of old dogs a new trick!  The older I get, the more I hate change.  Still waiting to get pics of the dredge in action.  I guess they're having a lot of problems with the pipe getting clogged with lake bottom debris.
I hope everyone has a safe and productive Tuesday.

DN
DON'T DILLY DALLY!!!   ;D

Polar Bird 3T, Eskimo EVO 1it
8" K-Drill, 8" Nils Arctic Trekker, Milwaukee Mud Mixer, Milwaukee 2704-22, Clam Plate, Adapters to make everything work with everything. lol
Marcum LX-7s (2) Dakota Lithium powered

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10044 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:11 AM »
Good Morning ER's  What with the happenings the last few hours, can't help but wonder what the activity at the Gun Counter will be today at work. :-\ :unsure:

Deck is still wet from some rain drops, and expecting more on the way home tonight at 9.  Mrs was up for the late night news, and left note saying Steamboat Spring, CO got 19" of snow out of the front that went through.

Yeah sure looks different around here.  :o,

Hope everyone is staying warm and dry if your out and about.
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #10045 on: Oct 03, 2017, 04:49 AM »

Good morning OS, Bud, Deal Ninja, ER's,
                          It's 47* and clear here on my hill, what beautiful weather we're having.
                          Bud........The snow on the mountain tops must be a nice site to see. I hope the new store doesn't hurt your store. ???
                          Deal........I haven't seem you post for a while welcome back. :clap:
                          OS.........I was surprised to see the new format when I logged on this morning, My Hunting Forum did the same thing
                  a few weeks ago, I should have figured it was coming! :blink:
                          Steve......I mailed in the renewal on Saturday, it will be here in plenty of time, but thanks for noticing. :flex:
                  My DIL made $800 from the sail, she said that almost everything she sold was for the price she asked for. :thumbsup:
                          Wally.......My wife liked the lights, she didn't see the work that I did, I camouflaged the trench line with leaves. It
                  really looks good at night! :clap:
                          Eddie and WS, must had early starts again this morning.
                          I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out fishing or hunting!

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10046 on: Oct 03, 2017, 06:28 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....glad to hear your d-i-l did so well at the sale  :thumbsup:  guess it was worth the effort  :) 

IFF.....sadly, it will be a busy few days at gun counters everywhere  :(  one can only hope those buying weapons will NEVER become unstable enough to go on a killing spree  :%$#!: :nono:  the mountains must be a beautiful sight  :clap:  a visit to the Rockies is way up top on my bucket list  ;D

OS.....congrats (?) on the new hours  :thumbsup:  I know it's never easy to get used a new routine, especially when it's not your choice

DN.....haven't tried the new look on my phone yet, I can only handle so much change at a time  :roflmao:  MFF changed over about a week ago so this was not a surprise

WS.....hope your weather has settled down & you're able to work, it would drive me crazy (er   :wacko:)  not knowing till the last minute if I had to work or not  :-\

Eddie....either of your boys have any luck yet  ???  MrWW has only seen does so far and a couple dogs running loose thru the woods  :%$#!:

MrC.....there certainly has been a lot of actors/musicians/celebrities that we all grew up with pass this year, many way too soon   :'(  :angel  :'(   

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #10047 on: Oct 03, 2017, 07:36 AM »
I cam home yesterday around noon. The chimney is fixed finally, just the special mud needs to cure for a while where the spool meets the s chimney. Luckily  a friend gave me a bucket that he had to do that so I did not have to buy a big bucket off it. All it is going to cost me is buying his breakfast when I get back over there. When I went to cut the last piece of pipe to hook the chimney up I found out what I had was about burnt out so I have to get some more new pipe to finish the hook up when I go back.

My son and I got most of the food plots done except one as he ran out of seed. Now all they need is some rain. That has been a joke over there all summer. Guessers are guessing a  lot of rain coming this week. I will be  :o if we see much at all.  A friend has a 40 acre field of soy beans, a 1/4 mile from my property, that I do not think they are tall enough to get picked up with the combine. The field is almost the same as my property. P-mire sand.

Some one thought I might be getting the acorns for the oak grubs. I have never noticed that many before this year. I bought the first load back to dry them in the sun on the drive way as they were really sprouting. The bags were full of grubs when I dumped them out when I got home. I do not know how you would get the little things on a hook. We got 7, 4 gallon buckets of acorns from the bunch I took over this trip. The bunch I brought back probably has that many more with out having that many caps in it. They should keep the deer happy for a while as there are almost non on the property.

IW I thought what kind of sail did you DIL have to get that much money out of it. Thankfully WW got my mind straightened out on her sale.  ;)

The wife and a couple of other gals are starting a craft show at the local VFW to help it out with paying the bill for the new steel roof that had put on the building. She has been in a little scared because they were not getting enough vendors, but  now they are finally coming on board. The woman's auxiliary does nothing to help out the men with expenses.

It looks like she is now going to run for president of the local senior center. She will take the job as long as the gal that is the treasurer stays in that position.

It is sad what this country and the world has come too! That is all I can say.

I just noticed the TOP button in the bottom right corner of the screen as I scrolled down looking at earlier posts. It brought me back to my typing with out losing what I typed. That should help me from losing what I intended to post.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #10048 on: Oct 03, 2017, 03:28 PM »
Good afternoon everyone prayers for the victims and injured in the Las Vegas shooting. Pleasant day here with temperature around 75 and sunny will probably drop into the low fifties/high forties tonight.
OldSailor will take me some time to get adjusted to the new look of Ice Shanty. May you adjust to your new work hours with out to much loss of sleep.
IFF ditto Wallyworld's comments on gun sales . Looks like Winter weather has arrived in the higher elevations of the Rocky Mountains.
Deal Ninja welcome back to 9:45 thread. If I remember right your a deer hunter have a good and safe hunting season.
Ice Wanderer good to read your registration renewal is in the mail It is easy to forget about and possibly get a ticket if caught at a road check. Nice to read your DIL made a good profit at garage sale and that your wife likes the new lighting.
Wallyworld I will have to watch the news later today I've heard conflicting stories on rock star Tom Petty's possible death. May your husband see some bucks on his next hunting trip. Make plans to visit the rocky Mountain area of U.S. very beautiful part of our country.
Mr. Turkey nice your friend had the special mud you needed for chimney repair always good to save money. Hope you get the rain needed to get food plots growing. a good and safe hunting season to your son and you.

Have a good evening folks.
Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #10049 on: Oct 04, 2017, 01:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Thoughts and prayers sent to all those affected in the LasVegas massacre...just don't know the words to say about this sick senseless act.

Clear and 49* on the Hill this am, high of 70 expected here today. The new site will take some getting use to, guess I'm with Mr.Ninja on the way things change also the older I get.    ;D

RIP Tom Petty...always enjoyed listening to his music, saw him perform a few times.

Tom...glad the chimney is about wrapped up, best wishes to your wife on the election, and hope you get that rain to help the food plots along!   :thumbsup:
  Wally..the boys are still without venison also. They've been seeing a lot of does, one decent buck that was out of range so far. Tell Mr.WW we're pulling for him, maybe today is the day?   :thumbsup:
  Jeff..congrats to your DIL on the sales, that's awesome!! Glad to hear the lights were a hit with your wife, great job!  :thumbsup:
  Bud...imagine there are plenty of skiers with smiley faces after that snowstorm, tis the season again! How are you liking the new job so far?
  Mr.Ninja....always nice to see you posting here again, looking forward to the dredge pictures once they get things going! 
  Mike...thanks for the warm welcome to the new site and the info! Hope the new work hours are going ok for you Sir!
  Steve...hope your job is going well and the house is coming along for you!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope you and the crew have been doing well this week, have a safe day in the jungle Sir!   :thumbsup:

These 4am starts at work have been catching up to me, feeling burned out this am, 12:30 can't get here soon enough!
  Noticed a strange noise coming from the front drivers tire yesterday on my way into work, kind of sounded like I was running aggressive mud tires. Ends up being a bad wheel bearing. Stopped at Napa and bought a hub assembly yesterday...$175....ouch! Will get to that this afternoon...crossing fingers between now and then.
  Cawfee's on...time for 8 more!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.