Author Topic: What a mess...  (Read 4939 times)

Offline articcat

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: What a mess...
« Reply #30 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:20 PM »
Just a thought to catch the slobs
Could Fish & Game get video recordings from WMUR web cam that shoots
Out in that direction?

Offline winnisquam guy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Apr 01, 2014, 06:56 PM »
I hope NHF&G finds them and they lose their license for enternity. self centered slobs like that have no business out on the ice with honorable fishermen.

Offline SALMONEMIA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Apr 01, 2014, 07:04 PM »
I wondered that as they show meredith bay every am on wmur.... I actually saw it today but honestly it looked like the mess was gone, well from the angle they showed on tv anyway
Salmonemia

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Apr 01, 2014, 08:13 PM »
That is awful and so sad..... that banner frozen into the ice looks like a Bauer logo..... any chance this was left from the hockey tourney?

On the link posted, one comment was how nice a job the hockey tourney did on cleaning EVERYTHING up afterwards.
Most other comments were directed at the slob (s) who left the mess, not ice anglers in general.
Kudos to the person (s) who picked up the mess. If they chipped the shanty out, hopefully they found some ID?

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #34 on: Apr 02, 2014, 06:53 AM »
You can bet that if Im ever fortunate enough to own waterfront property, Id have the pcitures, names and addresses of every bobhouse within sight saved for just this kind of situation...

Actually we all own the water and should respect it. That eyesore that they left is unacceptable. Hopefully what goes around comes around.

They should be ashamed of themselves, but of course they aren't because they didn't bother to pick anything up.  I wish i knew where they lived so i could trash their yard like they did the lake.  Oh wait, there are probably 9 cars and tons of trash in their yard anyway....

I just drove by a few of those places on the way to work today.   :cookoo:

Offline WhackMaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Apr 02, 2014, 07:25 AM »
that's awful... just awful.

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #36 on: Apr 02, 2014, 10:01 AM »
Someone on the Lake Winni forum said it is all cleaned up. I have to say, it sure doesn't seem like a fisherman. That part of the sign is a Bauer Logo:

And I see no evidence of fish holes and there is a cheap camping tent frozen in the ice. What ice fisherman EVER would have a camping tent on the ice? This wasn't ice fishermen.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline dunphy11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:17 AM »

And I see no evidence of fish holes and there is a cheap camping tent frozen in the ice. What ice fisherman EVER would have a camping tent on the ice? This wasn't ice fishermen.
[/quote]
Agreed not fisherman. That area is a social area only . How many reports do you see of fish getting caught in the area ??? With the kind of ice conditions we had this year why would a real fisherman limit themselves to that area.

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #38 on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:24 AM »
Someone on the Lake Winni forum said it is all cleaned up. I have to say, it sure doesn't seem like a fisherman. That part of the sign is a Bauer Logo:
(Image removed from quote.)

Although I agree with you it will still be blamed on US. Even if you never fish there you will be blamed as part of the problem. Check out this thread.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17303    :%$#!:

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:38 AM »
Although I agree with you it will still be blamed on US. Even if you never fish there you will be blamed as part of the problem. Check out this thread.

http://www.winnipesaukee.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17303    :%$#!:

Thanks Captain. This was on that site. Don't elect this guy.   >:(

It is really time to charge a stiff fee for each Bob House. It costs me over $100 to register my boat for a short time in the water and pay for protection of the lake. Why does the State allow these guys to get away free for their time on the lake? And in the meantime, develop a fee for any trash left behind that is charged against their driving license renewal. Fees....to start out fee should be a $100 minimum per structure under 20 sq. ft.(4X5 ft) From 21 to 36 sq. ft. (unto 6X6 ft) the fee goes to $150. Over 36 sq. feet, fee is $200. They can register their bob house just like a boat....and get them to place boat type decals on the side in plain view from two directions, just like a boat in large letters/numbers. The state can give them decals just like a boat. It is also incumbent on people to take as many pictures to weed out the jerks. I hope this person is found !!!!!!!

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #40 on: Apr 02, 2014, 11:40 AM »
Definitely not ice fisherman... camping tent and not one single ice fishing hole. Bauer banner? That's a hockey company. I think it's pretty outrageous that they would automatically blame ice fisherman! Can anyone respond to that thread on the winnipesaukee forum? They're so ignorant.

Offline Redneck Fishfinder

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Apr 02, 2014, 12:48 PM »
I don't know why it irritated me so much but I commented on the thing... I guess it irritates me when people jump to conclusions and blame people for things before really giving it any thought.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Apr 02, 2014, 10:27 PM »
Towards the end of the link as of this night....

"Hello all who have been reading this post. The bobhouse in question was directly next to me this year and I also was not impressed! The only help I can offer is they were picking up some of the mess the weekend before ice out and hanging out with Pete who owns "The Lodge" bobhouse. I do not know Pete, but if anyone does, Im sure he could tell you who it was."

Anyone know Pete?

Apparently the owner of the bob house is from Meredith?

Also, the story goes on with further explanation.

River Rat, Ishoot 308 & the rednecked fisherman from Looong Island represented us well.  :)

Offline wshnIwsfshn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Apr 04, 2014, 03:39 PM »
Must be merideth TOTALY NO NEED went by there today and couldn't believe my eyes what a mess it is out there give the good fisherman a real bad name 😡

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.