New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Fishing spots.  (Read 1805 times)

Offline fishingPole

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Fishing spots.
« Reply #30 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:20 PM »
Nope, the same lakes I fished 25 years ago, I fish now...
Leave it better than you found it

Offline combsey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • take a friend fishing
« Reply #31 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:37 PM »
I figured
proud supporter of P. E. T. A.
(People Eating Tasty Animals)

Offline bird21s

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:39 PM »
Well put.    Just long to read lol.    Why is profit in bold letters?   Do people really charter in the winter for lakers?    I have found that it is actually easy to do with a flasher and with next to no guidance I have done ok for a beginner.    Sorry if I offended anyone I just don't see the spence of paying someone good money to take me to a public spot to fish.   Just my 2 cents

The bold makes it look important enough to read. Like you said long read. ;D

JJ

« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:46 PM »
Well put.    Just long to read lol.    Why is profit in bold letters?   Do people really charter in the winter for lakers?    I have found that it is actually easy to do with a flasher and with next to no guidance I have done ok for a beginner.    Sorry if I offended anyone I just don't see the spence of paying someone good money to take me to a public spot to fish.   Just my 2 cents

Well young man, I assume you have someone that has taken you out ice fishing, your father maybe? Many people don't have that luxury, or the gear needed such as sonar, reels, lures, auger, shelter, heater, transportation, etc. They also might not live close to a lake that they can fish regularly, or just want to get a taste for ice fishing. I started fishing for lakers with sonar when you were in diapers (no one used flashers back then); so yes, people pay are willing to pay for that experience.  ;)

Offline JigSchtickGeorge

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2014, 08:47 PM »
Yes!  I get very anxious Lately going to vets or pilot knob hoping to find a parking spot.  That's why I'm fishing elsewhere this weekend.  Champlain baby!!  Jk.  I'll be on da King.  MDB  ;)

Offline Slob slammer

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Yeah you can't get there from here. Sorry
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2014, 10:09 PM »
Sorry didn't notice you where a charter guy.   In my opinion you can go to 307 spend 50 bucks and get a rod reel and some jigs     Look on this site to see where people are fishing and go catch lakers.   I know that the lake George tourist have more money then they know what to do with  but I'd rather spend my money on something more productive but to each there own.      And the way I got introduced to fish was through infishman magazine. And I looked like an idiot my first couple of times out
Fish like to eat so try to feed them

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.