Author Topic: uncontrolled dogs on ice  (Read 4232 times)

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: uncontrolled dogs on ice
« Reply #30 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:13 PM »
Thank to all the advice on what I should di... but I dont own a gun lol. One thing concerns me thou is if I get the pepper spray or kick him or whatever,  im worried about what my shack will look like the next time I go out there. He is a neibor an is only maybe 100ft away from me and thats being generous of how close he put his shack as close to mine. I was out today an didnt see him but hopefully he has his dogs shots up to date. I dont know what I should do the next time I see his dog running aimlessly around my shack not letting me outta mine. The guy isnt young maybe early 60s
Yes woman can fish... prepared to be impressed. here fishy fishy fishy!!!

Offline Blaine Lutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:16 PM »
Thank to all the advice on what I should di... but I dont own a gun lol. One thing concerns me thou is if I get the pepper spray or kick him or whatever,  im worried about what my shack will look like the next time I go out there. He is a neibor an is only maybe 100ft away from me and thats being generous of how close he put his shack as close to mine. I was out today an didnt see him but hopefully he has his dogs shots up to date. I dont know what I should do the next time I see his dog running aimlessly around my shack not letting me outta mine. The guy isnt young maybe early 60s

Dude, if common sense can't prevail, quit fishing.  There is getting to be some pretty idiotic replies.  If you can't go to your neighbour to talk, then you need to move.  It really isn't rocket science.  You know what to do.
Always willing to try something new.

Offline harry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:28 PM »
Just be careful yeah i would carry pepper spray as last resort, but after replying this happened so gotta tell it because I'm stumped to what happened lol. I own the biggest gentle boxer you could ask for my 2 yr old niece climbs on her pulls her gums and she does nothing acts like she loves it she even checks on her when napping along with other animals so friendly ia what I'm proving. Well I'm sound asleep heard n odd dog yip / growl and my toes hurt lol I think she had a bad dream and bit my foot lol. It hurt like heck but all i could do was laugh because its not her nature. She is only 5 so i know it ain't old age. Good luck, stay safe  and fish safe pretty lady.
Also known as Bailey or Bailey63

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:37 PM »
Dude, if common sense can't prevail, quit fishing.  There is getting to be some pretty idiotic replies.  If you can't go to your neighbour to talk, then you need to move.  It really isn't rocket science.  You know what to do.
If you read in my earlier posts youd see I did talk to him an he doesnt care. He gave me a go ahead to kick his dog if he doest it again. I shouldnt need to feel like I have to move on a good spot ive put my shack on for numerious of years because of his ignorance. Not stating I was there a month before him month away before he came but I shouldnt have to feel like I should move because of him. sorry.... im higher on the  totum pole before a dog.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:42 PM »
Just be careful yeah i would carry pepper spray as last resort, but after replying this happened so gotta tell it because I'm stumped to what happened lol. I own the biggest gentle boxer you could ask for my 2 yr old niece climbs on her pulls her gums and she does nothing acts like she loves it she even checks on her when napping along with other animals so friendly ia what I'm proving. Well I'm sound asleep heard n odd dog yip / growl and my toes hurt lol I think she had a bad dream and bit my foot lol. It hurt like heck but all i could do was laugh because its not her nature. She is only 5 so i know it ain't old age. Good luck, stay safe  and fish safe pretty lady.

Thanks harry.... everyone dont get me wrong. I love dogs. An im a strong believer its the owners not the dogs. Just wish others had more respect for people around them.

Offline Blaine Lutz

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:47 PM »
If you read in my earlier posts youd see I did talk to him an he doesnt care. He gave me a go ahead to kick his dog if he doest it again. I shouldnt need to feel like I have to move on a good spot ive put my shack on for numerious of years because of his ignorance. Not stating I was there a month before him month away before he came but I shouldnt have to feel like I should move because of him. sorry.... im higher on the  totum pole before a dog.

Bet the fishing is better another 200 yards away though.    :)
Always willing to try something new.

Offline iceauger57

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Feb 07, 2014, 10:51 PM »
a can of dog repellant should do the trick and a good kick in the ass of the owner should send the message

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:22 PM »
Why should I move cause of someone's ignorance an lack of controll over there pets. I have seen with  my own eyes his dog going after others around us. Blood has been shed an I should move my shack with him thinking its ok for his dog to attack people? I dont think so an I think alot of people on this site are with me on this one.....
Stating you say I should move cause he has an aggressive dog towards humans.... does this mean I can let my dog off leash which is skiddish around other dogs an may attack them when a 1st meet? Maybe theyll move there shack because of my agressive dog towards other dogs just so I dont have to have her on a leash. Ya I dont think so... I think of others an there pets. Certainly people should do the same.

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:25 PM »
Not hear to argue about what happend. But looking for advice without moving my shack on how to deal with eresponsable pet owners

Offline fatleroy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Feb 08, 2014, 06:22 AM »
Maybe said person has read about this on IceShanty.com or maybe a call to the local newspaper and/or television news will help for closure. The bite marks and a pictures of the persons shack which should have a name and address/telephone number on it will also help resolve any further incidents.
Post persons name on this site, someone may know person and be able to talk with person about incident.

Offline allthumbs

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:23 AM »
When the problem dog approaches you  give him a blast off of a boat safety horn
He should turn and run.At the very least the owner and everyone around will know that something is going on
Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching

Offline fishingfever32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #41 on: Feb 08, 2014, 12:50 PM »
When the problem dog approaches you  give him a blast off of a boat safety horn
He should turn and run.At the very least the owner and everyone around will know that something is going on
Thats not too bad of an idea. Would kinda be funny lol

Offline bite-me7

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • pour me another one
« Reply #42 on: Feb 08, 2014, 08:36 PM »
My filleting knife is always with me, any dog that shows any sign of aggression will definitely get the point!!!  ;D and then I will find the owner!!!  :woot:

Offline Blue Hog Ridr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Feb 09, 2014, 03:02 AM »
I am an absolute lover of animals. I do not tolerate cruelty or abuse.

But, and here is the but. If a persons dog ever came at me like you have described, and bit me, I would be giving that particular dog a serious kick in the head and then the owner would be next.

You bring an untrained and uncontrollable animal, dog with you in public, you are responsible for that animals actions.

Fishing is good for your Mind, Body and Soul.
Actually catching a fish or two is a nice by product of a day well spent.

The next time that you don't feel like going into work, don't give your Boss any excuses (Hes heard them all), just say, "I'm going fishing, wanna come".

Offline killemfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Feb 09, 2014, 08:15 AM »
Well said, exactly how I feel about the topic.

Offline Gkomo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #45 on: Feb 15, 2014, 05:30 PM »
I had a friendly dog come up to me the other day that was roaming around and visiting all the fisherman that were outside while the owner was in the shack anyways the dog came over beside me and before I could say anything to him he took a mouthful of minnows out of the tub and I thought to myself what if I had a baited hook sitting in with the minnows rover would have had a hook in his yap. I wish for this reason that people would keep them on a leash . And comment on the one where the dog bit that person u should have reported the owner to the police and if he ever brought that dog out again and not on a leash that biting dog should meet a baseball bat . Tks gkomo

Offline LUNKERONZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • JIG ON!!!
« Reply #46 on: Feb 15, 2014, 10:26 PM »
I am interested in fishing by this shack...... Ain't the dogs fault. Owner needs beats..... Gps location please? Lol

Jig on
Jig on!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.