The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Is the rest of the nation made up of wimps?  (Read 2188 times)

Offline sra61

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Is the rest of the nation made up of wimps?
« Reply #30 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:14 PM »
It's a sign of the times, I think. The personification of winter storm systems? Holy Crap!!!! Listen to how they talk about it. The storm is "bearing down", it "has it's sights set", OH MY GOD THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!AAAAHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!! :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline hagfan72

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 08, 2014, 04:16 PM »
THe good thing about the cold; it keeps the majority of the Californians out.  BRING ON THE COLD!!!

Offline Buckshot86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 08, 2014, 06:13 PM »
Whenever I grow uncomfortable, I remember the stories of the people who came before us in this unforgiving country who I believe are partially responsible for the life of luxury even the poorest of Americans are granted. The majority of the original Virginia colonists died from winters just like this one without even a grey scale i-pod. Production of goods was all manual therefor much less affordable by most people. Now we can spend a few cents for salt at the store and have any commodity from anywhere at any time in no time. I doubt anyone prefers -40 but it can't be helped and life goes on. This cold weather may teach a few valuable lessons as any other hardship does. There is so much I have to say on the topic but it would probably invoke strong emotion rather then discussion.

Offline Dem

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 11, 2014, 02:08 PM »
As soon as I leave the hills its a bunch of whining metrosexual wimpy me! Have to work down below near the city (NY). It is absolutely humiliating. I grew up here and it has always snowed sometimes as much as 3 foot for a storm and the temp drops every year where I live in the minus column. I went to work last week it was snowing got around 10 or 11 inches and the temp was 15 deg with some wind. The signs on the highway stated that it was dangerous and a state of emergency in the burbs and city. Sheesh I cant say what I want to here for fear of offending. You guys get the point! I have to get the hell out of this area!

The best part is they all look at me like I have two heads lol!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the ice like an idiot! I won't tell you which side of the line I'm on.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.