Author Topic: Auger Extensions  (Read 8544 times)

Offline wally wacker49

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Auger Extensions
« Reply #30 on: Feb 19, 2014, 03:34 PM »
 you need an extension now up north the snow and the ice wont aloow you through without if you shovel thru 16 inches of hard pack you might and I say might get thru the ice

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Feb 19, 2014, 06:11 PM »
you need an extension now up north the snow and the ice wont aloow you through without if you shovel thru 16 inches of hard pack you might and I say might get thru the ice
X2 on that one, had to pick up an extension today after near running out of auger last few days. 40 inch.of ice without the snow as of yesterday mile 106 Hanson lake Road lakes around mile 106.

Offline bigk

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 19, 2014, 08:59 PM »
Any slush sidescan?

Offline sidescan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 20, 2014, 06:10 AM »
Any slush sidescan?
No slush where I"ve been fishing just lots of big drifts but the word from the locals is beware,  on some of the lakes there is some slush spots.   
I picked up an Eskimo extension at Charles Repair&Service (Eskimo parts + repair for Eskimo) in Prince Albert. Fish Safe.   

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:17 AM »
Well with this cold weather again I think we are going to gain a few more inches of ice I have never seen our lakes this thick I think I may need a second extension on the jiffy in the shack if it gets much thicker

Offline hunt2001

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Feb 22, 2014, 02:54 PM »
Stopped at a few places in city today for a second extension for my jiffy for in the shack and everyone sold out till march now

Offline FrostBack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Vegetarian: Cree word meaning poor hunter!
« Reply #36 on: Feb 22, 2014, 03:04 PM »
Here is the best deal I have seen on an auger extension in a lng time....I know it will fit the Eskimo augers, not positive on the Jiffy's.

Still show they have stock!

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/38075/frabill-power-auger-extension

The difference between an 8" hole and a 10" hole is.....a 10" hole will usually give you your boot back!

In the food chain of life...its not good to be referred to as: "a good eating size".

Offline amatue

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Feb 22, 2014, 03:24 PM »
Here is the best deal I have seen on an auger extension in a lng time....I know it will fit the Eskimo augers, not positive on the Jiffy's.

Still show they have stock!

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/38075/frabill-power-auger-extension
They never had any a couple weeks ago in Regina. Maybe got more in??

Offline anglerbrian

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Fun n Games Til Someone loses a Walleye
« Reply #38 on: Feb 22, 2014, 10:45 PM »
Definitely need an extension on lake Lenore. I found a nice bare patch of ice to set up my tent today and the ice was 47 inces thick. With the 12 inch extension on the Eskimo i was 5 or 6 inches from the gear box. It is minus 23 here right now so the ice isnt getting any thinner for awhile.
Old fishermen never die, they just smell that way.

Offline Lprefs

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Feb 23, 2014, 12:52 AM »
Does anyone know if those frabils will fit on a jiffy?

Offline dsab

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Feb 23, 2014, 12:53 PM »
I just picked an extension up at Saskatoon Cabela's.  It is an 18" Eskimo, and fit's my Rapala Nirto 43cc (essentially a rebranded Eskimo Mako).  I phoned everywhere in town (CT, Wholesale, Princess auto, Peavy Mart, Walmart, Fishing Hole) none had any left for the season.

Cabela's only had 18".  There were 3 left at 11am Feb. 23.  I wanted 12", but 18" is better than nothing.  I ain't that tall, and i'll probably have to stand on the tailgate to drill, but at least I'm drillin/fishin!

Offline stubble jumper

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 05, 2014, 07:46 PM »
There's a guy in Vibank who's making extensions for all augers and any length you want. Just picked mine up, 6" for a strikemaster @ $20.
Call him @ 306-536-2791

Offline saskarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #42 on: Mar 09, 2014, 03:59 PM »
Most everyone on tobin are using 18 inch extensions if not more.  Ice is unreal this year.  I should call that guy at vibank and get one made for the hand auger

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.