New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Ringneck marsh???  (Read 3910 times)

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Ringneck marsh???
« Reply #30 on: Jan 14, 2014, 03:55 PM »
Yes it is about ringneck, a gentleman asked about another pond on the Alabama swamps

Offline jigger-team hamlin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 14, 2014, 07:41 PM »
Man that really sucks. I was looking forward to ice fishing it this year. I hit it up few years ago and caught alot of craps but they were all 7 inches. i actually stopped there this past spring after leaving the res. Took a few casts with a spinner and caught biggest crappie i had ever caught. It was 14 7/8 long got that baby at taxidermist now. sad to here they drained it seemed like all the little ones were just starting to grow up .

Offline trouts

• IceShanty Rookie
  • crappibass crappibass where are you?
« Reply #32 on: Jan 14, 2014, 08:56 PM »
I heard theres nice craps In there

I don't understand why you don't try fishing there then??????

If you're really in the know you are aware of the group "unmentionable people" on IS that took every fish they caught for years and years.... yes you can get lucky once in awhile but the entire location/spot has been crushed and the fishing hasn't been the same in years. Please try it and let the world know instead of just asking how ice is in the middle of winter.

Offline harry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:08 PM »
As far as i know ringneck both sides of sour springs rd, school house marsh  which is across oak orchard ridge rd and the pond between oak orchard ridge and tibbits rd are or were the only ponds that permitted ice fishing. To be sure you could call refuge office on casey rd in alabama.
Also known as Bailey or Bailey63

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:24 PM »
As far as i know ringneck both sides of sour springs rd, school house marsh  which is across oak orchard ridge rd and the pond between oak orchard ridge and tibbits rd are or were the only ponds that permitted ice fishing. To be sure you could call refuge office on casey rd in alabama.
well the other pond we are talking about is right on 77 before meadville on the left heading West, its state public land so I would assume you can fish it, my uncle did the spring.

Offline harry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 14, 2014, 09:32 PM »
Yes some are open to soft water fishing. Like i said i am not sure which are ice able. The regs are different because some is state owned and some is federal owned. Blue goose signs are federal properties. I would make a call just to save a ticket. I do know there are specific dates ice fishing opens and closes but don't remember them because i haven't fished swamp in yrs. Both places ringneck and up by the feeder are 5 min from my house.
Also known as Bailey or Bailey63

Offline AON09

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 15, 2014, 11:16 AM »
This pond has state signs in front of it

Offline shu9265

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Mar 28, 2014, 01:47 PM »
(Note: Please be sure where you are in the swamps, Ringneck is on FEDERAL Area with the white signs, that state Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
 The State Ares are marked as Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area and Oak Orchard Wildlife Management Area)

I stopped and talked with the Biologists at the refuge office.
They informed me that the ENTIRE  STATE run area is OPEN to fishing !

That includes  Both,   Tonawanda  and Oak Orchard Areas.

The ONLY places NOT open to fishing, are areas posted with signs that are near the Eagles nesting area's.

The same rules and regulations apply there that are in affect for the rest of NY State fishing.

I know for a fact there was some large pike in there, and some deep water also. If you go over there, Be Careful.

I will be out there next winter.
GOD does not subtract from the time of man, the time spent fishing.

Offline steelheadman

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Mar 28, 2014, 05:35 PM »
the state land is open for fishing ringneck is the only place you can ice fish and only till the end of february alot of big pike in the feeder creek off 77

Offline Timber

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 28, 2014, 06:18 PM »
I stopped and talked with the Biologists at the refuge office.
They informed me that the ENTIRE  STATE run area is OPEN to fishing !

That includes  Both,   Tonawanda  and Oak Orchard Areas.

The ONLY places NOT open to fishing, are areas posted with signs that are near the Eagles nesting area's.

The same rules and regulations apply there that are in affect for the rest of NY State fishing.

I know for a fact there was some large pike in there, and some deep water also. If you go over there, Be Careful.

I will be out there next winter.

Just to clarify , Ringneck Marsh if Federal not State . It's part of the Iroquois National refuge complex . It is subject to Fed regs. over State . Though I believe most State fishing regs apply .

Offline shu9265

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 29, 2014, 09:26 AM »
Thank You for bringing up that point Timber.
I edited my post as follows.

(Note: Please be sure where you are in the swamps, Ringneck is on FEDERAL Area with the white signs, that state Iroquois National Wildlife Refuge.
 The State Ares are marked as Tonawanda Wildlife Management Area and Oak Orchard Wildlife Management Area)
GOD does not subtract from the time of man, the time spent fishing.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.