Ice Fishing Iowa board sponsored by

Author Topic: OKOBOJI/SPIRIT  (Read 2947 times)

Offline CrappieBuster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: OKOBOJI/SPIRIT
« Reply #30 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:34 AM »
We did fair off of Marble Beach access in 19fow managed a few keeper eyes each day and no perch not bad for 4 or 5 hrs fishing a day.  Lots of fish just cruising through mark them they look at it for 2 seconds and take off.  Took the majority of the fish on pilke's and small glow tear drops.  Lost a 25+ incher at the bottom of the hole and had something on for about 10 seconds that was massive biggest fish/muskie I have ever set into of course I got cut off.  Wind picked up Saturday night toughed it out in the portable till about 9 oclock but 45mph gusts were a little much. 48 Degrees and a sunny Saturday woke up this morning to -13 with -25 to -35 windchills.  Going to head home for a few days and be back when the weather stabilizes.  All in all a helluva lot better than Clear Lake where you can't catch a keeper eye to save your life.  Ice was 13-16 in the areas we fished.  Tight Lines to all...

Offline jumbo chaser

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • never to cold to fish not cold enough!!
Re: OKOBOJI/SPIRIT
« Reply #31 on: Dec 29, 2013, 11:53 AM »
Great report Crappiebuster that's about the same luck as my friends had at spirt I would have went with them but I had clients all weekend
Never to many short poles

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.