Author Topic: Lx7 issues.  (Read 1526 times)

Offline MSU AGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
Lx7 issues.
« on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:13 PM »
Hey guys,  I am on LX7 number 2, sold first one to a buddy that couldn't find one at the end of last season.  However with this one I can no longer see my lure consistently, even with sensitivity cranked all the way up.  I used to be able to see my Lindy toads while I jigged, but now I can see only a fraction of the time.  I tried my big Macho Minnows and they weren't showing up either.  I talked to marcum and I can send in the transducer but i hate to do in mid season.  Is there anything else I should consider before I send it in? Maybe a bad battery not sending enough juice?

Offline Mrwiggler

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • " I'm going to miss her "
Re: Lx7 issues.
« Reply #1 on: Dec 15, 2013, 05:21 PM »
Try the transducer off the one you sold you're buddy, and see if the same thing happens. Go from there.

Offline MSU AGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2013, 08:06 PM »
That was my next thing to try, just have to get a hold of it.

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #3 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:05 PM »
put your ducer on his head unit

guess i will stay with my clunky ice55
thought about a change, but not any more.
the 700 bucks will stay with me instead

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=266204.0

Offline paullo19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:29 PM »
What is your target adjust,cone angle and IR settings? I don't think it's the transducer. It took me a while to get used to the LX 7.

Offline esox_magnum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Dec 15, 2013, 09:55 PM »
put your ducer on his head unit

guess i will stay with my clunky ice55
thought about a change, but not any more.
the 700 bucks will stay with me instead

I wouldnt base my desicion on 1 report, I have one of the first released and just bought a 2nd today for the wife and both are great for us...Once you give it the time and learn the unit you wont give it up.... I had reservations on mine after buying it but after a few trips of getting it set to my preference I found myself liking it more and more and my mechanical less and less....

Offline nbaker

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Dec 15, 2013, 11:33 PM »
I just bought a LX-7 and had it out for the first time this afternoon, it was great! Heck I could tell after I missed a bite if the fish got my minnow head or not.  I have fished with my dads Ice55 a few times and until today I've been using a FL18, the Ice55 is nicer than my FL18 but this LX7 blows them both out the water!

Offline twincities86

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Yea buddy
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2013, 01:07 AM »
I just bout the lx7 a week ago now and it's pretty nice. So far no issues with it yet. Lucky for me is that if I ever have any problems with it I will have a fast turn around to get my device back just because there maybe a 20 minute drive from me. I can just drop it off and be fishing next day.
KCCO

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:58 AM »
  I love my lx7 also. But I did notice yesterday while using it the dashes between the numbers on the graph mode seem to flash ln and then off then on again every couple minutes. I don't know if it's normal but I am going to call Marcum today just to ask them. They have great CS!

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2013, 05:40 AM »
I'm having the same issue with not being able to see my jig. I was running my sens. up into the 20's and the only way to see it was to jig. it would flash yellow. When I stopped jigging the lure would disappear. I played with target adjust with no relief to the issue. I was the only one on the ice so I didn't do anything with IR. I already sent the unit in due to a bad PL board. Im not happy. I e mailed Marcum Friday night and hope to hear back today. Spent to much money for this thing to sit in the sled!
Hug a firefighter and feel warm all over.

Offline MSU AGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Dec 16, 2013, 07:22 AM »
I would say go and get the LX7, 3300.  I loved my first one, this one is just having issues.  Marcum/Rapala has great customer service, their turn around time is just about a week on their electronics.

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #11 on: Dec 16, 2013, 07:36 AM »
x2 on their CS. I have never had an issue with them, hopefully this instance will be no different.

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #12 on: Dec 16, 2013, 09:30 AM »
Just got off the phone with Marcum. They are requesting that I send the unit in AGAIN for testing. So off it goes to MN with the hopes it gets done before the weekend.

Offline MSU AGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #13 on: Dec 16, 2013, 01:25 PM »
Just got off the Phone with Marcum, they said it looks like they had a bad batch of boards.  Had several from one batch come back.  I am sending mine in so I am fishing blind this week.  Thanks for all the input

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #14 on: Dec 16, 2013, 01:38 PM »
MSU I sent mine in and had the board replaced a few weeks ago and still having the same issue as your having. Ask them to check the transducer while it's there to save time. I was also told that the new upgrade may make sensitivity levels in the 20's the normal setting for the unit. Which makes no sense to me. Why have a scale of 1 to 25 and make 20 the mid level?

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #15 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:07 PM »
Most people start out using the standard Red-Green-Yellow palette which works well for larger lures or in shallow water. This is noteworthy because the standard palette is 50% less sensitive than the 6 color R-O-Y-G-B-I-V palette.

Any time you're using tiny jigs in deeper water the ROYGBIV palette is the way to go. I would expect your gain setting to be somewhere in the range of 7 - 9 out of 25 and you'll have no issues marking even the tiniest jig. If you have your heart set on using the standard 3 color palette you'll have to run your gain somewhere in the 18 - 22 range... which is to be expected when you're giving up 50% of your sensitivity. Both palettes will work you'll just need to adjust your sensitivity numbers respective of the palette used to get to the same place.

Offline Firefightertom32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #16 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:11 PM »
so what about small jigs in shallow water?

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #17 on: Dec 16, 2013, 03:42 PM »
so what about small jigs in shallow water?

Use the 6 color setting at all times this will take care of most issues with having to turn the sensitivity up.

Offline MSU AGGIE

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #18 on: Dec 16, 2013, 06:27 PM »
Wow, you learn something everyday.  It doesn't make spence to only have half your transducer power if you only want half the colors.  Definitely worth a shot though.

Offline dab65

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #19 on: Dec 17, 2013, 04:51 AM »
Once again Marcum CS comes through! I had emailed them this weekend about my charger issue. I called this morning and they answered right away. I told them about the lines flashing on and off on graph screen. He sais it shouldn't be doing that and I should send it in or if it didn't bother me to much just keep using it and send it in this spring after season. I then told him about the charger problem. He asked my name then said " I just emailed you a couple of minutes ago. We are sending you a new charger." He spent alot of time on the phone with me as I had some questions regarding installing the 7 on my boat this spring.

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #20 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:23 PM »
Great hint, Crappie Guy!  Never saw that in the manual  Got any more tricks for using the LX-7?  Seems the competitors spend a little more time on education.  Thanks again!

Offline CrappieGuy

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • 715-379-2376
« Reply #21 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:51 PM »
Great hint, Crappie Guy!  Never saw that in the manual  Got any more tricks for using the LX-7?  Seems the competitors spend a little more time on education.  Thanks again!

That's the best one at this time, other than if you are in a deep basin fishing Crappies in 25 to 35 feet of water you can swing your transducer back and forth to check areas other than directly below you.   Try it out, really works well.

Offline DoctorPerch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #22 on: Dec 17, 2013, 02:58 PM »
Nice one as well. Thanks.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.