The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: Carmi  (Read 2818 times)

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • im a die hard ice fishing addict 'nuff said
Re: Carmi
« Reply #30 on: Dec 31, 2013, 06:25 PM »
my dad got 3 shy of alimit of slab perch afew weeks back said 30 feet was good
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Dec 31, 2013, 10:23 PM »
Re posting my post from earlier that was deleted by modorator it has been edited appareltly youcan not say the s word: Gonna get down to the lake at around 915, see how long my little heater will allow me to stay warm, looks like its gonna be a cold one, i saw Ice is gonna head out with his cousin. Ill probably be on south end towards middle with a black frabill pop up if anyone wants to shoot the  (insert imagination here).
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline Smelty88

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Jan 01, 2014, 05:44 PM »
got down to the ice around 930 picked a spot in about 22 FOW  and sat and watched fish come up and look at my jigs, spoons, and raps all after noon finnaly had enough at about 1 when i could not convince them that they were hungry. Only caught one dink perch i tried dif colors i tried tiped with spike not tiped, live shad, dead shad, just a head, no mater what i gave them all they would do is come up off the bottom and look at it! The fish in carmi baffle me! Never seen such picky fish. Even on a bad day on Champlain when i mark fish i can catch at least a few of them! Just hard to mark fish know where they are and not be able to catch them! Was good meeting you Ice!
Think I'm gettin abite my flag's twitchin
twitter@wefishing2day IG: Smelty88

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #33 on: Jan 01, 2014, 06:21 PM »
nice meeting you smelty wish the fish were biting i got a 35-40 lb. beaver in a trap
i told myself id be back by 2 i guess i didnt factor in that the fish were biting

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:17 PM »
went out on Wednesday with my cousin for a few hours 2 flags one was a perch trip the other i cant say the shiner was bleeding on the tail when we pulled it up so i cant say for sure what grabbed it met smelty and fished by him for a hour maybe at best ended up leaving due to my cousins hands getting cold and turning colors even though he had 2 layers of gloves on which isnt fun for anybody end up with one 9 inch perch and found this guy waiting for me in one of my traps on my way home i know it aint a walleye or pile of perch like i wanted but hey its money

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:30 PM »
you gonna eat that?

Offline shirefisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:32 PM »
you gonna eat that?

Don't forget to take out the "musk gland"!

They fry up nice.  One of my favorite meats no one really eats anymore.

Offline BassInVt

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ain't nothing better than fishing!!
« Reply #37 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:32 PM »
beaver tail soup is awesome
What?? fish are biting, I'm gone

Offline ice fiend

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Jan 03, 2014, 12:40 PM »
it took 2 days 2 thaw due to being in 3 inches of ice but i plan on taking out the castor glands i think you can sell em its my first one finaly broke the species barrier all id caught so far is muskrat

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.