Author Topic: gonna give up a secret spot  (Read 6839 times)

Offline bigmike7272

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: gonna give up a secret spot
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2014, 12:35 PM »
A buddy and I fished it last friday. Caught one small pike in 3 hours of fishing.

Tell me and I'll forget. Show me and I'll remember some of it. Involve me and I will have lifetime knowledge.

-Anomymous

Offline big bobber

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • cant fish during the day...learn to fish at night
« Reply #31 on: Jan 20, 2014, 08:24 AM »
Its stained like all water around there. I don't know about a night bite. I get up early so I never make it past 7 at night. I may know who has the permy out there. I will call him this weekend and see. I know others know about it, There was people out there the 3 times I went. Either keeping quiet or not on the "shanty"  I know of a few of these little lakes that hold good fishing around here. That one is close to town and easy to get to. Others you need a snowmachine now.  Steve
ive only found one lake with a good night crappie/wally bite... ???
i just know they will bite if i stay another hour.

Offline Beenmarkinemalot

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Don't rip it's lips off!
« Reply #32 on: Jan 20, 2014, 11:21 AM »
I caught a nice mess of Crap's at Schweitzer's the other day.
One was 14".
How big do they get?
The deeper the water the sweeter the meat.

Offline rico1391

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #33 on: Jan 20, 2014, 02:30 PM »
I was out to Sweitzers about a week ago, all I caught was two very small crappie.  I punched a lot of holes, tried everything but I wasn't even marking any fish.

Offline blacknoise

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Jan 20, 2014, 08:25 PM »
I was out to Sweitzers about a week ago, all I caught was two very small crappie.  I punched a lot of holes, tried everything but I wasn't even marking any fish.

went out there today, caught one small crappie, about 4 inches, few small hits, but nothing worth staying around for...

Offline backwoodswalker

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #35 on: Jan 21, 2014, 01:57 PM »
ive only found one lake with a good night crappie/wally bite... ???

I have heard that Greenwood reservoir has some good crappie fishing. I have never ice fished it. I see quite a few people do though, By all the tracks. I know in summer it is a good place but pretty big.I have not had the chance to go out in a while (work) but my son has and has not been doing too good lately.  Maybe a lull in the action.   Steve

Offline bigkerrdogg

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Jan 21, 2014, 02:14 PM »
I have tried Greenwood many times.  If you catch crappie, they are typically bigger than 11".  I haven't had much luck catching large quantities.  It's been hit or miss the last few times out there.  I try to fish the same general area, but haven't been able to produce consistently.  I think they move more in Greenwood than they do in other good crappie waters.  Past experience has proven difficult to even mark fish with 20+ holes drilled.  In a few of the holes however, while jigging, a mark showed up and I ended up catching all three fish that showed up.  I was using genz worms with 2" gulp minnows.  My buddies were fishing live minnows and ended up with 2 fish. 

Offline Rednecker

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #37 on: Jan 29, 2014, 12:41 PM »
Anyone try this place recently?? I go to school up at Tech but I'm heading home in a couple weeks for the weekend to go fishing with my old man and this place sounded interesting... been by the lake many times biking or running on the Heritage Trail but never figured it'd be a good fishing spot. I've never seen anyone out there fishing either so the thought never really crossed my mind. I'd love to try it if it's been producing something.
Clean Livin'!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.