Author Topic: long poles  (Read 5144 times)

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Happiness is a safe piece of ice.
Re: long poles
« Reply #30 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:54 AM »
I follow a bunch of guys on here and Rico your one of them. Can I get in trouble for mentioning Lunkers on here?

I am not management on this board, that is their discretion.

Offline Fishgirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:55 AM »
Jim has also stepped up and sponsored the board.  If Brickers Rods are that good and he wants to move product,  why not sponsor the board also?  Then he would be able to post all he wants and get his name out there?
If Brickers Rods are that good ----  Funny one!!!!!   Oh I could just go on and on about these comments, but I don't want to make this into a B**ch session. 

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 04, 2013, 08:58 AM »
I guess having logos on your avatar is ok Rico shows the gaff one on his I don't see Gaff as a sponsor.... Rico you feeding JT that cheap beer? It's starting to show its affects on his judgement! Lol In the past though I have heard that gaff donates some rods to shanty tournaments so that could be the trade off. I'm sure it's a pretty fine line being that companies pay to be here promoting their products and why would they want to pay if they could just post freely about it. It's just shanty rules. I'd almost prefer a paid membership site like a club with a fee of like 5 bucks a month then members could talk freely about their stuff helping other members out without the fear of the ban hammer. Maybe one will be coming soon lol

Vexilar is not a sponsor either and quite a few guys have their logo in their siggy's.  As I said it is a fine line.  BTW, as far as Gaff, you have been misinformed. 

Offline tater140

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #33 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:07 AM »
I would like to think there is a difference between mentioning a product and an all out marketing campaign... but that is where discretion comes into play

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:11 AM »
If Brickers Rods are that good ----  Funny one!!!!!   Oh I could just go on and on about these comments, but I don't want to make this into a B**ch session.

Wasn't trying to be funny, was just asking a simple question is all.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:21 AM »

I understood Jeff and agree with you. 

Listen the law says the speed limit is 55, why would any body complain if they get a ticket for going 60?  The rules are the rules, in this case the general membership has no say so in what the rules are.  So we must abide by the rules if we want to stay in this community.  Btw, this is a private community........Nobod y ever said it was a democracy.

Offline Steuben1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:27 AM »
Apparently you don't know that business, that name or have any of his products OR you wouldn't have made such a comment.    I have to support a local business that makes fine fishing tools!!!  :)

Once again,  I was asking a simple question.  I have not said anything negative about his rods.  You are new here and you need to calm down about his custom rods.  Don't quite understand why you are so defensive and so quick to attack? 

And yes,  I know a little about custom rods.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #37 on: Dec 04, 2013, 09:51 AM »
Listen Fishgirl, Bricker, Rabidgupy, and whoever else might be involved.

I always don't see eye to eye with some of the members here.  But I honestly try to respect their opinions when they don't always fall in line with mine.  Great bunch of guys here for the most part that share the same passion as I do.  I myself have dished a few insults out, everytime I did I wish I could erase them.  But I couldn't and damage was done.  One thing I have always found is that insulting someone by assumptions, hearsay, or just plain being pissed off is not a good thing.  We are better people than that, or at least that is my philosophy.  Don't get me wrong, I get mad just like everybody else and say things I shouldn't.

JT doesn't drink and Steubby One knows his stuff.  Stand up guys in my book. 

Offline Fishgirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #38 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:05 AM »
Listen Fishgirl, Bricker, Rabidgupy, and whoever else might be involved.

I always don't see eye to eye with some of the members here.  But I honestly try to respect their opinions when they don't always fall in line with mine.  Great bunch of guys here for the most part that share the same passion as I do.  I myself have dished a few insults out, everytime I did I wish I could erase them.  But I couldn't and damage was done.  One thing I have always found is that insulting someone by assumptions, hearsay, or just plain being pissed off is not a good thing.  We are better people than that, or at least that is my philosophy.  Don't get me wrong, I get mad just like everybody else and say things I shouldn't.

JT doesn't drink and Steubby One knows his stuff.  Stand up guys in my book.
Well said Rico!  Thank you.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #39 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:12 AM »
No problem young lady..........now where in the hell is my cheap beer? ;D

Offline Fishgirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:16 AM »
Young lady???  Nice!!!!   Cheap beer will just give you broken toes   ;D

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 04, 2013, 10:25 AM »
Young lady???  Nice!!!!   Cheap beer will just give you broken toes   ;D

Be good girl.

Offline rat-l-trap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Dec 04, 2013, 12:45 PM »
And to think I started this thread with a very simple question....And even received some great info..and plenty of PMs about it....And look at where the hell it went after that GEEEEZ

Offline Rabidgupy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Dec 04, 2013, 01:57 PM »
And to think I started this thread with a very simple question....And even received some great info..and plenty of PMs about it....And look at where the hell it went after that GEEEEZ

Sorry it's just hard to give you tons of ideas with the style of board that this is. Hopefully pm has helped with your questions. However publicly posted would of been beneficial to others. At least you got some good information out of it all but I fully agree with you that a simple question turns into this. The majority of members are just getting restless with the management lol. Great topic though on the long rods though!

Offline Rabidgupy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:36 PM »
Jim has also stepped up and sponsored the board.  If Brickers Rods are that good and he wants to move product,  why not sponsor the board also?  Then he would be able to post all he wants and get his name out there?

I actually sent three mails inquiring about sponsor info under the sponsorship thread no response. Maybe their fishing? ::shrug::

Offline PTOjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #45 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:40 PM »
E mail? ..I have not seen any that were not responded to. Did I miss one? [email protected]

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #46 on: Dec 04, 2013, 02:51 PM »
E mail? ..I have not seen any that were not responded to. Did I miss one? [email protected]

Jim, I think he is talking about an IS sponsorship....he has sent questions and is not getting any response from them about sponsorships...

Offline PTOjim

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #47 on: Dec 04, 2013, 03:10 PM »
Oops.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #48 on: Dec 04, 2013, 05:01 PM »

LOL.........just hang in there man.  Hi-jacking happens all the time around here.

Offline Hoosier

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Bucket,some bait and,,what did she ask me to do??
« Reply #49 on: Dec 04, 2013, 06:59 PM »
I actually sent three mails inquiring about sponsor info under the sponsorship thread no response. Maybe their fishing? ::shrug::

send me a PM with any questions and I be happy to help.. JT. I be happy to help you.

Offline fishingguru

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #50 on: Dec 05, 2013, 09:25 PM »
Check out Clear H2O tackle shop in Edwardsburg. He has a great little shop by Juno lake. If you don't find what you want he will order it for you. He carries a lot of ice fishing stuff especially 13 fishing rods and reels. Just a suggestion.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #51 on: Dec 06, 2013, 08:55 AM »
Check out Clear H2O tackle shop in Edwardsburg. He has a great little shop by Juno lake. If you don't find what you want he will order it for you. He carries a lot of ice fishing stuff especially 13 fishing rods and reels. Just a suggestion.
X2, great little shop and runs the business well.  Last year he didn't have what I was looking for a made a few special orders for me.  He was able to get the items in quickly and called me once they showed up.  Never have to go to Lunkers again, H2O gets all of my business from here on out when I'm in that area.

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #52 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:10 AM »
X2, great little shop and runs the business well.  Last year he didn't have what I was looking for a made a few special orders for me.  He was able to get the items in quickly and called me once they showed up.  Never have to go to Lunkers again, H2O gets all of my business from here on out when I'm in that area.

Yeah whatever man!  Why would I take the word of a guy that can't defend a missed field goal?  Roll Tide!!!!!!

Sorry bro, couldn't help myself, been waiting for you all week!!!!! ;)

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #53 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:31 AM »
Yeah whatever man!  Why would I take the word of a guy that can't defend a missed field goal?  Roll Tide!!!!!!

Sorry bro, couldn't help myself, been waiting for you all week!!!!! ;)
Keep pounding the Keystones Rico and I'll keep saying Roll Tide.  Hopefully this year all of the "experience" you have accumulated on the ice over the years doesn't land you in the Polar Bear club again this season

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #54 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:40 AM »
Keep pounding the Keystones Rico and I'll keep saying Roll Tide.  Hopefully this year all of the "experience" you have accumulated on the ice over the years doesn't land you in the Polar Bear club again this season

LOL!!!!!!!!  You be safe bro and best of luck this year.

Offline Fishking83

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #55 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:51 AM »
LOL!!!!!!!!  You be safe bro and best of luck this year.
Was expecting a diff. response from you.  May the # of fish in your bucket be a higher # than the BAC, LOL.  Good luck to you this year as well.  Stay dry!  I'd rather read a fishing report post from you than to read about you going swimming again. ROLL TIDE - FISH ON

Offline rico

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #56 on: Dec 06, 2013, 09:57 AM »
Was expecting a diff. response from you.  May the # of fish in your bucket be a higher # than the BAC, LOL.  Good luck to you this year as well.  Stay dry!  I'd rather read a fishing report post from you than to read about you going swimming again. ROLL TIDE - FISH ON

I hear ya.  LOL.........btw I catch more than .20!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #57 on: Dec 06, 2013, 01:06 PM »
I'm curious how a 10 mph wind or greater affects these rods and bite detection...?
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Offline wax_worm

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Right out of my ice hole!
« Reply #58 on: Dec 06, 2013, 02:06 PM »
I'm curious how a 10 mph wind or greater affects these rods and bite detection...?

They are not fun in the wind....but as others have said...you can do things to help that by adding a second jig that has some weight to help keep the line tight.  When I do this I usually put the lighter lure (fly) above the heavier one like a drop shot rig for bass.  You can beat the bottom with the heavier lure to draw them in then they will more often than not eat the fly above it.  In heavy winds I just use one of the 20 short poles I have.

Offline bret

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • approaching "Grumpy Old Man" age
« Reply #59 on: Dec 06, 2013, 02:13 PM »
I wondered if you would use the short rods....good tactic on the drop shot.  Has that been a good producer when you've had to use it? The reason I ask is we all fight the wind to see the bites!
Never Judge A Day By The Weather.
YouTube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCloEWXfcjMRYo9J6qOLtggQ

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.