New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827667 times)

Offline kchamp

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #6750 on: Mar 04, 2014, 04:05 AM »
Never been a fan of power augers, loud mufflers on sleds and quads, screaming fishermen (even though my buddies love to yell), vibrations etc. etc. etc., Don't care if ice is 4" or 24"  I tend to be one of those guys who notices differences in my weekly, monthly/yearly fish take !!!! Fire up your noise makers and I'll usually just move away
It sure was quiet on Oneida today.....  Ahhhh  (:

nice catch, good job

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #6751 on: Mar 04, 2014, 04:23 AM »
Never been a fan of power augers, loud mufflers on sleds and quads, screaming fishermen (even though my buddies love to yell), vibrations etc. etc. etc., Don't care if ice is 4" or 24"  I tend to be one of those guys who notices differences in my weekly, monthly/yearly fish take !!!! Fire up your noise makers and I'll usually just move away
It sure was quiet on Oneida today.....  Ahhhh  (:

nice pile of Jumbos Tom :icefish: :icefish:
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline raudlin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6752 on: Mar 04, 2014, 04:24 AM »
Nice looking pile of fish. Good job Tom.

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6753 on: Mar 04, 2014, 05:41 AM »
Well, not for nothing but....a few weeks back when it rained and there was 3 inches of water on the ice we were fishing off Lewis Pt. We were hole hopping looking for fish. I told my buddy that we were moving to the South side of this point and going try it there. I drilled a hole, moved twenty yds started another hole and told my friend to catch that walleye in the first hole. He laughed and said OK. I moved another 20 yds or so and was pushing the  ice chips in and out of the hole and my friend says ... Hey check this out.. the rod is bent and he lands a 20'' eye. Granted I was using a hand auger but wasn't making any attempt to make the holes quietly. We made ten more holes laughing at the thought that he would catch them as I drilled the holes...no more fish. So either it was completely dumb luck to have gotten the eye on the first hole or all the noise I made drilling holes shut them down.? I'm leaning towards the luck aspect. If auger noise is the concern, what about wheelers with chains and studded sled tracks cruising around? The noise may bother the fish somewhat but they aren't human and can't process what the hell is going on, everything they do is reactionary and instinctive. If they had the ability to think you would only catch the suicidal ones!

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6754 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:07 AM »
The noise thing will never be settled.  Its all a matter of opinion and belief.
I mean we all do have some others that are much more silly & have 100% less chance of actually affecting the fish.
I for instance wear a baseball hat 98% of the time & its either a ratty old cabelas hat I wouldn't be seen dead in anywhere but fishing, or a pats or SU one.
How about guys who troll soft water in an east wind blowing 3-5? Does that light of a breeze really affect fish 30' down over 40?
I mean its not moving bait or much else, just rippling the water.
I hate east wind, but how does all this affect them?

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6755 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:09 AM »
Sweet pile of perch! Nice to finally see one.

Offline Eyemurder

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6756 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:23 AM »
whats up bro! How's things been goin on the south side?  :afro:
  Sup man found some dragons but won't able to get out again till sat ill get at you.

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6757 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:35 AM »
Ok man. Dosent that thing called work get in the way of our fun!! Talk to u soon
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline fishhooksul

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I'd rather be on the ice, then in a boat...
« Reply #6758 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:39 AM »
yesterday when I first popped a hole i had fish under me. 2 of my buddys were getting ready to leave on a wheeler. when he started it to warm it up, it didn't bother the fish, but as soon as they started moving the fish scatterd. the fish came back within 2 minutes. the fish that came back were crappies. on the 3rd crappie i caught, it slapped the bottom of the hole. the crappie were gone quick. I watched all this happen on my vex. noise does bother fish.   Sully...

Offline paul23

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • AKA Bauls25 on mff
« Reply #6759 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:43 AM »
My group on another lake did very well fishing the last two hours of daylight in 10-15 fow after using a power auger. Many 5 eye limits each time out.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6760 on: Mar 04, 2014, 06:44 AM »
Most things like this come with an unforeseen or unintended consequence.  Regardless of what small scale tests may show in a tank, how dumping enough bacteria in the water to kill that many mussels doesn't exactly sound like a good idea.

That sorta logic just reminded me of

thats great, :woot: but anyone remember when they made a mistake on the Lampracide in little Sandy and killed 1000,s of adult walleyes

Offline mdupper

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Ice Fishing is the sport of Choice !
« Reply #6761 on: Mar 04, 2014, 07:06 AM »
Nice pile of perch looks like a lot of fun .. Glad to see the Bigger Perch are finally starting to bite I have been getting tons of small ones ...Great Job  :) :tipup:
:) Keep Your Lines Tight :)

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6762 on: Mar 04, 2014, 07:27 AM »
yesterday when I first popped a hole i had fish under me. 2 of my buddys were getting ready to leave on a wheeler. when he started it to warm it up, it didn't bother the fish, but as soon as they started moving the fish scatterd. the fish came back within 2 minutes. the fish that came back were crappies. on the 3rd crappie i caught, it slapped the bottom of the hole. the crappie were gone quick. I watched all this happen on my vex. noise does bother fish.   Sully...
  If you watched your buddy go zipping thru the water and up thru a hole that would scare the *&$% out of you to ::)

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6763 on: Mar 04, 2014, 07:35 AM »
  If you watched your buddy go zipping thru the water and up thru a hole that would scare the *&$% out of you to ::)
  Don't go into the light !  :o
Jim K.

Offline slamboney

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6764 on: Mar 04, 2014, 07:46 AM »
I drilled a lot of holes with a power auger and had fishing waiting for me.

I got out yesteday for the evening bite, just 2 good eyes, a smallie and  2 perch.  Just when you think you figured them out they move on you. The perch were acting funny, bump the minnow 10 times and run away from anything jigged, stupid things. 

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #6765 on: Mar 04, 2014, 08:04 AM »
thats great, :woot: but anyone remember when they made a mistake on the Lampracide in little Sandy and killed 1000,s of adult walleyes

Yeah that was sad. How about banning our burn barrels then lighting the gulf of Mexico on fire.

Offline YaNkEmOuT88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6766 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:02 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ENjDWSRniuY
Vehicle of choice for first ice  ;D

Offline bcons

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6767 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:25 PM »

That's the type of oops, mistake, or unintended event I was talking about. :-\ :-\  Sorry but it would take alot of convincing to make me believe dumping a bunch of bacteria in our lakes is a good thing.

Offline perch-hound

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6768 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:27 PM »
http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=ENjDWSRniuY
Vehicle of choice for first ice  ;D
That link doesn't seem to work....

Offline dukman1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6769 on: Mar 04, 2014, 12:52 PM »
That's the type of oops, mistake, or unintended event I was talking about. :-\ :-\  Sorry but it would take alot of convincing to make me believe dumping a bunch of bacteria in our lakes is a good thing.
  The Dec stays awake nights trying to figure out how to screw up things.

Offline scottcny

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #6770 on: Mar 04, 2014, 01:19 PM »
Speaking of the DEC, I got my new licence on line back in January, aren't they suppossed to send the actual licence to me? I have the paper from the website stating I'm paid and it has my licence # on it and when it's good till but that's all I have. Trying to avoid calling them, wondering if anybody has experience buying on line?

scottcny

Offline pa ice swimmer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6771 on: Mar 04, 2014, 01:25 PM »
Thinking a Thursday thru Sunday trip is in order. Sunday For steelies of course.
That's what i'm thinking too, next thurs to sunday, as for catching a cold i think your belly hanging out of that dinkfest shirt would be all you need bcons ;D

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6772 on: Mar 04, 2014, 02:09 PM »
Yeah that was sad. How about banning our burn barrels then lighting the gulf of Mexico on fire.

yep ,lets pollute the air and water at the same time ,  :o

Offline Fishlip off the hook

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6773 on: Mar 04, 2014, 02:15 PM »
Speaking of the DEC, I got my new licence on line back in January, aren't they suppossed to send the actual licence to me? I have the paper from the website stating I'm paid and it has my licence # on it and when it's good till but that's all I have. Trying to avoid calling them, wondering if anybody has experience buying on line?

scottcny
I had to call to get mine and that was after they gave me a tic when i gave them the number that u posses...call them so u don't get a tic like i did..good luck on the call to. They are no so easy to talk to..well atleast the lame person i was on the phone with. GREAT new system typical NY state

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6774 on: Mar 04, 2014, 02:57 PM »
any body knows whats up with the red geo tracker thats been stuck in the ice of dutchmans for the last week? hope the owner just didnt leave it

Offline icecusan

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6775 on: Mar 04, 2014, 03:16 PM »
The noise thing will never be settled.  Its all a matter of opinion and belief.
I mean we all do have some others that are much more silly & have 100% less chance of actually affecting the fish.
I for instance wear a baseball hat 98% of the time & its either a ratty old cabelas hat I wouldn't be seen dead in anywhere but fishing, or a pats or SU one.
How about guys who troll soft water in an east wind blowing 3-5? Does that light of a breeze really affect fish 30' down over 40?
I mean its not moving bait or much else, just rippling the water.
I hate east wind, but how does all this affect them?
hey bcons let me guess every time youre out there and get a goose egg for the day youre wearing your pats hat  ;D ;D im with ya I wouldn't be seen in  that hat either :) me being a giants fan and all ;)
walk on water

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6776 on: Mar 04, 2014, 03:19 PM »
  There is an interesting post in General Chi Chat. You got the right stuff? Casting call for TV ice Hookers.

http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=288414.0

It would be nice to see a local make it big on TV, bcons you got the attitude, Snag, anyone?

Offline Whatever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6777 on: Mar 04, 2014, 03:20 PM »
Has anyone reported the geo to the wardens or police. Seems like a real hazard in more ways then one.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6778 on: Mar 04, 2014, 03:30 PM »
    They deleted the post. Apparently they are going to film a reality ice fishing team competition in Iceland and there're looking for the next TV star. Potentially a life changing event for a person with the right stuff.  Dealing with adverse conditions, broken equipment etc...

Offline 315stickbow

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Fishin' fool
« Reply #6779 on: Mar 04, 2014, 03:37 PM »
In Iceland? I thought Iceland was green  :P

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.