New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014  (Read 827725 times)

Offline polish_perch_fisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS THREAD 2013/2014
« Reply #2040 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Pman,
How much snow was snow was there by Taft?
Did you hear about the polock who went ice fishing . . . and caught 7lbs of Ice?

Offline SNAGGER

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • JUST TRYING TO KEEP FISH ON MY SCREEN!
« Reply #2041 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:33 PM »
Fished the Taft Bay/Constantia area today and what a day it was!   :)   Had the pleasure of fishing with a couple of Oneida Lake wizards and my usual fishing buddy. Thought things were going to be bad after losing the 1st five walleyes I hooked (all nice fish) but things sure turned around in a hurry. Over the next couple of hours or so iced at least 23 eyes; things got so crazy I lost count and may have had closer to 30. Fish were not always suicidal but we had fish on the screen most of the time and even the non-aggressive ones could be coaxed into hitting. Easily one of my all-time best days on the hard water and one I won't soon forget. The only negative thing was that I somehow managed to sink a treble deep into the fleshy part of my left thumb. Luckily help was close by. One of the "wizards" was nice enough to remove the treble from the lure and the other "wizard" removed the treble from my thumb. Not only is Filet a hell of a fisherman, but he is a hell of a surgeon too. Before I could even let out a yelp, the treble was removed from my thumb with hardly any pain  :'(  . Fred thanks once again for your very capable assistance.

All in all just a truly memorable day spent with some truly memorable people. Here's the 3 that went home with me:

Not sure if I messed up the photo size; my apologies if I did.

:thumbsup: :woot: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
ONEIDA LAKE NORTHSHORE DIEHARD'S

Offline greenhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2042 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:39 PM »
Fished chapman today 38 fow. Hammered the perch from 1030-1100 and then they turned on at 3 right when I had to leave. Ended with 35ish mostly 11-12" a few 13" and a lot of 9-10 I tossed back. The half hour flurry they were all caught on a plain perch jig rapp, no bait. They were inhaling it, front hook was buried to the throat.  Probably the best 30 minute run I have ever had. Ice is beautiful 11" but slick, a little snow here and there.  You do have to follow the shore line 100 yards from the pier to cross the pressure crack.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                  Nice   day   ,you  throwing  9 - 10 inchers  back.On  Sandy  thse are hogs.

Offline jakep138

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2043 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:47 PM »
  Kingfisher that picture is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: look at the smiles!!

What a brute nice job polar and awesome pike of perch kingfisher !!

Heres a picture of polarbear's monster 27 incher from today..

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2044 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:48 PM »
Good job guys! Way to get the kids out there KF22!

Offline yarn em in

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2045 on: Jan 10, 2014, 05:55 PM »
What a beauty!!!

Offline drowndin dots

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Kings of the pond
« Reply #2046 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:05 PM »
Flying through....keep up the great work friends, see ya all soon! :blink: By the way this is FM.... hangin with DD

Offline Looper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2047 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:14 PM »
How is the shore line on the south side?  I'm hearing big ice heaves.

L

Offline BIGFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2048 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:20 PM »
                 AWSOME FISH     BIGFISH  :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice fishing is what i live for-END OF STORY
« Reply #2049 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:27 PM »
nice fish guys ;D got some really not nice weather coming tomorrow :P
"HEY FREDDIE"-FISH ON! PROUD MEMBER OF THE OLLC

Offline icedd

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2050 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:29 PM »
Great fish

Offline huntny30

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • U.S. Navy Senior Chief Retired
« Reply #2051 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:40 PM »
Great fish everyone!  Can't wait to slip and slide tomorrow!

“Never apologize mister, it’s a sign of weakness.”  John Wayne

Offline WaldoSlammer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2052 on: Jan 10, 2014, 06:56 PM »
Fished Constantia from 7 - 2 today.  Excellent walking from Mill St. With an inch of snow on top of 11" black ice.  Easy pull.  Fished in 20 FOW but bite was SLOW.  Around 1030 fishing picked up with some perch, and a 20" Waldo. After that though, not much consistent biting.  Saw many other guys leaving early today too.  Saw lots of lookers on flasher, no takers! OH well its fishing not catching hope some of you all did better today than I did :P

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2053 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:06 PM »
Simply could not take it any more. took a half day at work today..left at noon on the ice and fishing by 2PM. Fishing North Shore and caught a couple perch and a keeper eye to start. 4pm came an whammo the feeding frenzy started. My buddy dropped 3 large walters at the hole. I iced 5 walleyes dropped 2 at the hole. Caught 15 perch...kept 8 jumbo's> my buddy got his limit of eyes and a dozen jumbo's. He also caught the biggest burbot I ever seen...had to weight 5 pounds. The waldos' were  attaching the rap. Tommorrow will be a good day to fish the Big O

When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #2054 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:12 PM »
Nice fish everyone! Can't wait for my turn...
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline aj454

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2055 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:22 PM »
Hey guys   Is marion manor located on 13 in Slyvan Beach??  Coming up in the am. thanks Also nice fish.

Offline Hookinup

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Catch and release ... into the grease!
« Reply #2056 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:27 PM »
Frustrating day on the ice today... First, my girlfriend wasn't feeling well when we got up  :sick:, so I had to leave without her. First fish I catch is a big 'ol burbot, who does a tail-hook at the hole, snaps the line, and takes off with my new UV orange jigging rap.  >:(
 The second fish is a nice walleye. The nose hook on the jigging rap sticks in the bottom of the hole...and I lose him.  >:(
 The third fish puts up a good fight. I look down and see that it is a pickerel. "A pickerel in 29 feet of water??".   :wacko:
 I get him to the hole, and he bites the line causing me to lose him and another brand new lure.  :%$#!:
A little while after that, I finally land a really nice perch.  :laugh: My girlfriend then calls me and says she feels good enough to fish. I packed up and met her at the other end of the lake. We end the night icing 8 walleyes. Kept our limit of 3 apiece. Nice "eaters. All males 16 to 17 inches. Looking forward to getting out there tomorrow. BIG barometer drop. Hope the wind is manageable.

Nice fish everyone!!!!
Always remember .... they have a brain the size of a pea! How hard can it be? ???

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2057 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:28 PM »
Simply could not take it any more. took a half day at work today..left at noon on the ice and fishing by 2PM. Fishing North Shore and caught a couple perch and a keeper eye to start. 4pm came an whammo the feeding frenzy started. My buddy dropped 3 large walters at the hole. I iced 5 walleyes dropped 2 at the hole. Caught 15 perch...kept 8 jumbo's> my buddy got his limit of eyes and a dozen jumbo's. He also caught the biggest burbot I ever seen...had to weight 5 pounds. The waldos' were  attaching the rap. Tommorrow will be a good day to fish the Big O

your off to one heck of a season mr.  :icefish: ;) nice job!

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2058 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:30 PM »
Frustrating day on the ice today... First, my girlfriend wasn't feeling well when we got up  :sick:, so I had to leave without her. First fish I catch is a big 'ol burbot, who does a tail-hook at the hole, snaps the line, and takes off with my new UV orange jigging rap.  >:(
 The second fish is a nice walleye. The nose hook on the jigging rap sticks in the bottom of the hole...and I lose him.  >:(
 The third fish puts up a good fight. I look down and see that it is a pickerel. "A pickerel in 29 feet of water??".   :wacko:
 I get him to the hole, and he bites the line causing me to lose him and another brand new lure.  :%$#!:
A little while after that, I finally land a really nice perch.  :laugh: My girlfriend then calls me and says she feels good enough to fish. I packed up and met her at the other end of the lake. We end the night icing 8 walleyes. Kept our limit of 3 apiece. Nice "eaters. All males 16 to 17 inches. Looking forward to getting out there tomorrow. BIG barometer drop. Hope the wind is manageable.

Nice fish everyone!!!!
i would say you had a good afternoon of fishing ;)nice

Offline minettoman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2059 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:38 PM »
your off to one heck of a season mr.  :icefish: ;) nice job!

Thanks HT....This year if you are on top of them...anybody could catch. them
When I go fishing I like to know that there's nobody within five miles of me.

Offline 4wd1256

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2060 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:51 PM »
First time on the ice this year and heading out of Godfrey around 630 tomorrow morning , just wondering should I head east or west ? I'm on a yellow Honda pulling a trailer , and love all the pictures !

Offline Stormy_NY

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2061 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:53 PM »

Heres a picture of polarbear's monster 27 incher from today..

That's right folks .... That is a "5" Dancing Banana Hog right there WTG Polar Bear !!!!
  ´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ><((((((º> 

Offline eyeshole

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2062 on: Jan 10, 2014, 07:57 PM »
Fished Taft Bay, 26' off a shoal, had a hot hole that kept producing, my buddy had to get right next to me to get fish. Was fun fishing outside. A dozen bonus jumbos too.
"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the ice like an idiot."  SW

Offline H.T.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2063 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:05 PM »
Thanks HT....This year if you are on top of them...anybody could catch. them
catching them is the easy part. finding the ones that want to eat is a differnt story ;)

Offline wild1ce

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2064 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:22 PM »
Fished north shore today. Ice was great. The walleyes where smoking the raps when they where on the screen caught two, dumped 4 at the hole and brought home 12 beautiful jumbos!

Offline Pequod1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2065 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:23 PM »
Be careful going out of Chapman tomorrow. The pressure crack that was about a foot wide in the morning must have heaved up. It was dark when we came in but I could see that the ice pushed up a couple of feet. You will need to go about 150yds east along the shoreline before you can get through. Follow the trails.  Fishing was good for perch but the eyes won today. Dropped a few at the hole and got some shorts.

Offline ShaneO19

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2066 on: Jan 10, 2014, 08:27 PM »
Went out from Apps yesterday. Fishing was slow with  two brief frenzies.  Ended with 10 perch and one keeper eye.
Went out from Chapmans today. Ended with about 20 big perch and 7 walleyes (2 barely keepers). Big dry spell from about 11:30 am till 3:30 and then everything hit good till dark.

Offline [email protected]

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2067 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:24 PM »
Does anyone know how they are doing around the Islands (Frenchman, Dunham)?  Looked like a city of shanty's looking across fro Taft Bay last weekend.

Offline stevek

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • STKA (MHF)
« Reply #2068 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:36 PM »
I ice fished oneida for the first time today from noon to 6ish. Only managed four smalleyes and a nice perch. Next time I go back I'll be moving non stop until I find bigger fish. I spent the whole time with fish on the screen throwing every thing I had at them, but couldn't buy a bite. The few I managed were all dinks so I'm thinking that's what most of them were and why they weren't hitting even though they would chase a rap all over the water column.

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2069 on: Jan 10, 2014, 09:50 PM »
Jigging Rap seems to be the key. Fished for 2 hours and got 7 perch. All from pretty much the same school. Lost my rap to a pickerel and landed another. Didn't mark a single eye on camera today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.