The ice fishing Michigan board sponsored by:

Sponsor this board

Author Topic: NON RESIDENT LICENSE 2013-2014  (Read 3143 times)

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: NON RESIDENT LICENSE 2013-2014
« Reply #30 on: Mar 05, 2013, 12:21 PM »
That is why the state plans to increase the number of CO's in the woods and on the water. Get the money for the fines and put it back into the DNR coffers.

I hope this is true but I still have my doubts of it happening. They will find other areas where to spend it. Maybee another town needs a boat ramp built so it can then be turned over to town after it is done so the town charges you to use it.

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 05, 2013, 03:53 PM »
That is why the state plans to increase the number of CO's in the woods and on the water. Get the money for the fines and put it back into the DNR coffers.
I KNOW IT SOUNDS BAD OR JUST STUPID , BUT I'VE TALKED WITH SOME GUYS THAT DON'T CARE , AND FIGURE IF THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT FOR 1 SEASON , THAT THEY'RE AHEAD OF THE GAME .
NOW THAT BEING SAID DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FINE  IS, FOR NOT HAVING A LICENSE?
THIS WAY I CAN TELL THEM ITS NOT WORTH IT.

Offline tommy-n

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:31 PM »
I'm all for it. The residence all species will go down a few bucks. I don't really care if the out of staters have to pay a little more to enjoy our great state.

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #33 on: Mar 05, 2013, 04:51 PM »
Dont know about not having lic. fine, but I know a guy that had 26 gills not his first time getting caught over the limit and was fined $125!!  And they took the fish!

Offline scout 2

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:36 PM »
I KNOW IT SOUNDS BAD OR JUST STUPID , BUT I'VE TALKED WITH SOME GUYS THAT DON'T CARE , AND FIGURE IF THEY CAN GET AWAY WITH IT FOR 1 SEASON , THAT THEY'RE AHEAD OF THE GAME .
NOW THAT BEING SAID DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT THE FINE  IS, FOR NOT HAVING A LICENSE?
THIS WAY I CAN TELL THEM ITS NOT WORTH IT.

I don't know what it is but it is not high enough whatever it is

Offline Gills-only

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When hell freezes over, I'll ice fish there too!!
« Reply #35 on: Mar 05, 2013, 05:44 PM »
They might be able to confiscate your Rig, as with deer hunting they have the option!  Now that would be a deterrent for me!

Offline MoJoRisin

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 06, 2013, 06:49 AM »
I have ALWAYS professed that poaching or being illegal in any way when it comes to fishing (and hunting) is not worth loosing my fishing (and hunting) privledges for any length of time. BTW I do not hunt (or should I say I hunt for fish).

No fish, or any game that I am targeting is worth any xtra $$, my vehicle and gear, embarassment in front of friends and family, and especially potential jail time.

Live within the rules and regs, respect the CO and the law (unless they are excessively abusive), and all will be well.

Offline jugghead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:31 AM »
THAT'S HOW I FEEL ABOUT IT.
ITS JUST NOT WORTH LOSING MY PRIVILAGES OR MY CAR , GEAR , BUT THE PEOPLE I'M TALKING ABOUT HAVE DONE IT B4 ,
SOME GOT CAUGHT AND OTHERS DIDN'T , SO THEY'RE WILLING TO RISK IT . I THINK THEY ARE ONLY LOOKING AT THE MONEY PART{FINE$}
NOT THAT THEY MIGHT LOOSE EVERYTHING ELSE.
I WOULD LIKE TO THANK EVERYONE FOR THEIR INPUT ON THIS TOPIC , GOOD OR BAD WE ALL HAVE OPINIONS , AND AS MUCH AS I DON'T
WANT TO PAY AN EXTRA $35 , I LOVE TO FISH AND DON'T CARE WHERE OR WHAT KIND OF FISH/FISHING , SO I WILL BE PAYING WHEN THE
TIME COMES WITH NO REGRETS , BECAUSE I LOVE TO FISH!!! PEACE

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
« Reply #38 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:26 AM »
http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C420046227.PDF
Here is the exact article for the in state decrease and out of state increase!
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Offline pastaboy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FISH - ON!
« Reply #39 on: Mar 06, 2013, 12:18 PM »
The only thing I can say to you out of state fella's is SORRY! Life is full of disappointments and this is just another one to deal with. The current economy, where ever you are from, is not the greatest but life goes on. I learned early, do not sweat the little stuff, deal with the big stuff as it come's at you and keep pushing on and don't look back! Life is too short to worry about stuff you can't change so why stress about it and give yourself an ulcer or heart attack. Tight line's guy's!  :tipup:

Offline GoBlue2255

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #40 on: Mar 06, 2013, 02:14 PM »
Yes that is for the all species where there is a decrease, right now we have 2 options regular license of $15 or all species for $28.  Eliminating the basic and going to an all species for everyone, I do not need a trout stamp as I havent been salmon or steelheading in years so it will be a $13 increase for many people.

http://www.freep.com/assets/freep/pdf/C420046227.PDF
Here is the exact article for the in state decrease and out of state increase!
[IMG]]

Offline wetfoot1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 07, 2013, 05:41 AM »
STAY HOME CHEEP SCATE. FISH MUD HOLES AND DITCHES.

Offline mr.bartender

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • time spent wisely!
« Reply #42 on: Mar 08, 2013, 07:17 AM »
I'll pay it. Next step will be ohio and ind. will raise theirs! That's the way the gov works.
i have enjoyed alot of things in life,but none as much as ice fishing!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.