The ice fishing Montana boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: fourchette fortpeck  (Read 3016 times)

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: fourchette fortpeck
« Reply #30 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:41 PM »
A couple things I feel are lacking in warden training seems to common sense and treating the public at large with respect. I know it often takes a couple years for the 'new' to rub off some of them. One of the most disturbing shows on TV is "Wardens", the amount of ignorance and ignoring of Constitutional rights is scary. (For instance I  recall one episode where the warden orders a member of the public not to mention to other hunters he is there doing checks...all sorts of things like that are shown.) Everyone is assumed to be a law breaker and a threat from the jump. Even though most of us have never intentionally broken a law and take the regulations very seriously, condemning anyone that does not.

I did unfortunately live next to a turd of a Federal warden a few years back, and the guy was absolutely insane, pulling a gun on my wife twice, depositing a dead cow right next to our yard but just across the fence...all sorts of crap because we had a legal easement he was not happy about a judge upholding. Reporting him to any LE agency never did anything but get a "we will talk with him, he's under stress etc". Thank God the idiot died at 50. Not many people I would say that about other than Chavez.

Luckily the worst are normally found out and replaced as the guy from Hardin was a couple years back.

That said  most I have known are decent and fine people, just that the bad apples are protected.

Offline Wenger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 06, 2013, 08:41 PM »
Double dribble...

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Mar 06, 2013, 09:18 PM »
Yes the entrapment and all the other BS and they act like its a bunch of criminals running around out of control out there.

Bullelk34

« Reply #33 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:07 PM »
A couple things I feel are lacking in warden training seems to common sense and treating the public at large with respect..... Everyone is assumed to be a law breaker and a threat from the jump. Even though most of us have never intentionally broken a law and take the regulations very seriously, condemning anyone that does not.

I couldn't agree more with that. I used to be really "pro FWP", not so much anymore. There have been some really nice wardens I've met over the years, but the bad ones (that make you feel like a criminal for doing nothing wrong) stick in your craw a whole lot longer.

Offline Firetrap

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Mar 06, 2013, 10:29 PM »
All the good ones quit or retire before you want them to.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Mar 06, 2013, 11:00 PM »
We've got some pretty gung-hoe green jeans around here, I've had my licenses checked more times than I can count, one time in the causeway arm they tossed me a rope and came aboard, had to make sure I had my lifejackets stowed away like I said...

Offline double_a85

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #36 on: Mar 07, 2013, 08:15 AM »
I have seen good wardens and bad--- one night my buddies and I were doin some ling drinkin on the Yellowstone out by Worden... Talking about hunting, Block management ( how it was great that landowners and FWP can SOMETIMES agree on something), ect, ect and one buddy got up to take use the "restroom" and on clicked a flashlight and was a warden. He had been sitting in the dark for over an hour listening to our conversation.. of course we aren't poachers and do our best to follow the rules so after he acknowledged he was listening he sat there for over an hour just b.s.'ing. I had dealt with this guy many times and he was always very honest and respectable to you if he got the same treatment... of course he retired early due to the bureaucracy of his position.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.