New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: Didn't go fishing today, instead found this!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline setterman01

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Didn't go fishing today, instead found this!
« Reply #60 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:20 AM »
Thanks for picking up those scumbags slack. Sad to see such blatant abuse of the resource...

I never could read no road map,
I don't know what the weather might do.
But hear that witch wind whining,
and see that dog star shinin',
I got a feeling there's no time to lose,
No time to lose!

Offline kalberts14

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 09, 2013, 09:21 AM »
No respect

Offline jiggin888

• IceShanty Rookie
  • Flags High
« Reply #62 on: Feb 09, 2013, 01:18 PM »
  Thx for picking it up.I do it all the time as well.And they wonder why we run out of places for access!! ??? :tipup: :tipup:

Offline RIVERRAT2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • try to fish over 200 days a year,have cut back now
« Reply #63 on: Feb 09, 2013, 02:13 PM »
  Thx for picking it up.I do it all the time as well.And they wonder why we run out of places for access!! ??? :tipup: :tipup:
[/quote
BOY DID YOU HIT ON THE HEAD,but we still can help,TALK,to the people,you know we are all are
 not like that,i CAN HELP YOU.let me know here is my phone
 ;D ;D ;D
RAT

I LOVE FISHING.IT IS A FULLTIME JOB

Offline frozen fingers

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #64 on: Feb 09, 2013, 02:19 PM »
BACK TAGS SHOULD BE A REQUIREMENT FOR ICE FISHERMEN. MIGHT BE ABLE TO SPOT SOMEONE[S[ IN THE ACT AND REPORT `EM

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #65 on: Feb 09, 2013, 04:42 PM »
That would be a handy way to ID violators.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Budbucket

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "NIP"?? OHH YEA!
« Reply #66 on: Feb 09, 2013, 06:06 PM »
They should put a deposit on coffee cups,cig packs and chew cans  ::) then maybe the scumbags would take emm with them
"MONGO'S"

Offline Fishin_Forever

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 10, 2013, 05:54 AM »
People should pick up their trash and not waste the fish they catch. If they didn't want them they could have thrown them back

Offline pimplejigger84

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #68 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:55 AM »
Luckily it was you who found this mess. If it was some ornery person who hates ice fishing and people out on the lake fishing out walking their dog, THIS is exactly what they are looking for and exactly what they are expecting from US... this picture would have been taken and would have ended up in the news paper. Great job picking up the mess, but this is the reason why some lakes are off limits for fishing. It's really sad. I just don't understand why people think this is ok. I remember when I was a little kid I threw a piece of string out the window, and my dad got so mad that he scared the hell out of me. I never even thought of littering again... I bet the guys that were out there were drinking coffee and smoking cigarettes with their dad and he encouraged them to leave that stuff out there...

Offline michianafisherman

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Pleasant Times At Pleasant Lake
« Reply #69 on: Feb 10, 2013, 09:16 AM »
It's a mindset to throw stuff on the ground or out a window with no thought of the consequences. The people that do this are so numb to leaving trash behind even if you told them face to face it wouldn't sink in. You can say make them do it or shame them, but they have no shame. What happened to Keep America Beautiful?

Some day it could get so bad with the trash that they will put separate codes on all items purchased so they can be easily tracked back to the original purchaser for fines of littering or a non recycling fee. I bet they start on fast food or cigarette packages. Or might be deposits like cans and bottles, but either way if the problem continues, it becomes our problem also!
HELD HOSTAGE BY PHOTOBUCKET

Offline BigDynamite

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • There's one!
« Reply #70 on: Feb 10, 2013, 09:36 AM »
Unbelievable - or is it.  Something I started with my son when we began fishing together was that we always cleanup something everytime we go out (assuming we see any garbage, which is pretty much a given).  There are no words to describe the people that do that sort of thing, or maybe the list is just too long.

Thanks for the cleanup.

Tight Lines and Hard Water

Offline lil_coondog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #71 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:34 PM »
That's awesome that you and your son go out of your way to clean something up. What a great way to teach a youngster to respect the outdoors. LNT- Leave No Trace.

"Wildlife and its habitat cannot speak, so we must and we will."
-Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Fatman

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Always Expect The Unexpected
« Reply #72 on: Feb 10, 2013, 08:44 PM »
I am speechless.  After just posting about the other dirt bags that left a mess.  I have nothing to say other than I would be in jail if I caught the persons or person responsible for leaving that garbage.

Offline royjboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #73 on: Feb 11, 2013, 10:26 AM »
First,  thank you for taking care of the lake.  Next, your photo is evidence in what would be a fairly easy investigation if you would call the DEC.  with the amount of coffee the party had purchased and video equipment at the store they purchased it from and a clerk as a witness, a seasoned DEC officer can get atleast one of the parties members to fess up and learn a lesson. You have done the environment a great deed.  Please go one more step so you won't need to do it again.
Thanks again!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.