Author Topic: jiffy pro 4 help needed  (Read 2635 times)

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: jiffy pro 4 help needed
« Reply #30 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:19 AM »
I've decided to make my jiffy into the primary anchor for my boat come spring.
Thing is an absolute POS since day 1!
Can't get through to jiffy either, for a $500 item I am disgusted with their quality.

Never again will they get a Nickle of mine!

Whats wrong with yours? I thought they were amazing with me when I had issues. The 1st time I had a problem it was the aluminum broken fuel line. They over nighted me a new one. Then at the beginning of the next season, the auger was bogging and it sounded like it was sucking in air...so I called them, 3 days later I had a brand new head and they had me send my original back. This 2nd head got damaged in shipping and I called them and told them, 2 days later I got another head and I sent them the damaged one back. I had GREAT customer service from them. Now I'm on year 3 with mine, and its great!!

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #31 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:22 AM »
The bubble in the hose is the size of a golf ball, pretty significant considering the hose is only about 3/4 of an inch outside diameter. Just noticed it the other day, not gradual, happened overnight. No luck today will try them again tomorrow. I will be disconnecting the bottle after use as well, just in case there is some sort of pressure build up or something. It is too bad you cant shut the tank off like you can on your grill.

That certainly is a strange problem, those hoses are just like they kind you would have on a portable Coleman grill. Very thick and strong rubber, I wonder why or how the hose failed.

Ive never disconnected my tank, got almost 200 holes out of 1 tank my 1st year with it....I got through all last season on 1 tank, and fished 6 times with it this year before I had to removed and replace the tank. Leaking has never been a problem for me.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Feb 05, 2013, 11:59 AM »

Still no luck contacting jiffy, will call more when i get home later. I never experienced any of the other problems, just noticed the large bubble in the hose overnight. I am always cautious about keeping the auger facing upright the way they recommend as well. Maybe I just got a case of bad luck and the hose had a defect.
that is thinking with your dipstick......jimmy

Offline sgthoskins

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:11 PM »
Ive never disconnected my tank, got almost 200 holes out of 1 tank my 1st year with it....I got through all last season on 1 tank, and fished 6 times with it this year before I had to removed and replace the tank. Leaking has never been a problem for me.

Same for me.  I've not had one issue with mine.  Runs like a top and starts 1st pull every time.
“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government”

www.northeastshooters. com

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:16 PM »

Definitely starts up easy and runs great! that is why I will miss it so much this weekend. The likelyhood i will have it fixed by friday is probably pretty slim at this point.

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #35 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:25 PM »
I bet if its just the hose, you can go to a RV place and they could fix it for you. OR have the parts you need, those RV's all run on propane and regulators and similar hoses....

wouldnt hurt to take a call, there is Cold something RV in Weare, Uhhhm a BIG RV place in Merrimack...cant think of the name of it now. Probably a dozen places you could try.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #36 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:33 PM »
great point,  I was thinking of trying to splice it myself with an airhose repair kit and a few hose clamps until the proper parts are found, I would certainly spray some soapy water on it to check for leaks as well. A little hesitant though after hearing about the recent propane explosion in that bobhouse. And the auger is usually so close to your face when running.

Offline whitewing

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #37 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:37 PM »
It's Cold Springs RV in Weare. I'm sure their on the web and in the phone book.

Offline NoMe

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Feb 05, 2013, 12:48 PM »
The first one I received didn't seem to reach top RPM so I called them about it and they sent a new power head and I sent the other back. If I remember I had to wait a while before getting through to them, but once I did they were helpful. Ask the dealer where you purchased it to try to get through to them... sometimes the dealers have different #'s to call and take 1st priority.
I thought I read somewhere that jiffy recommends to remove the hose when not in use, I don't always follow that recommendation. These things shouldn't leak period.
If jiffy is having issues, it's with their QC department and material handling. They need to make sure every unit leaves the factory in proper operating condition and packaged well enough as to not be damaged. And even then some slip through.

Offline PDubs/NH

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #39 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:19 PM »
I can't believe that the hose failed just because you left the tank on overnight... what's the difference between leaving it on overnight, or from first light until dark?

Sounds like a defect/weakspot in the hose.

(PS: the RV place in Merrimack is Camper's Inn)

Offline SmellsLikeFishNH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #40 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:22 PM »
Yes Cold Spring and Campers Inn, I'll bet $1 they can fix the hose or have the part you need to fix it yourself.

Good luck!
-Scott

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #41 on: Feb 05, 2013, 01:57 PM »
Thank you guys!  good luck to you as well.

Offline Hounded819

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #42 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:19 PM »
just got my replacment head about 10 min ago. how would a company feel right about sending somthing out looking like this. looking it over all kinds of paint missing off it. atleast nothing is broken this time tho

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #43 on: Feb 05, 2013, 04:22 PM »
Post up a picture of it.

I'm surprised. The service I got from Jiffy for my propane auger was very good.

Sounds like there are some issues with these propane augers though.

Offline Drinking lefty

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #44 on: Feb 05, 2013, 06:08 PM »
I call jiffy today and said they will look in to what happen with the dealer. I shouldn't  of day any money at all. I don't know what # you have. Here's the one I called 1-800-344-0731 than hit 2. You should be all set.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #45 on: Feb 05, 2013, 07:13 PM »

Thanks drinking lefty, I have been tryin that same number for three days now, probably have 4 hours logged on my cell phone and have not talked to anyone. I do not have the patience to wait 45 minutes and keep pressing 2 all day. JIFFY HAS LOST MY BUSINESS FOR LIFE! I am going to try the camping store approach. They need to hire a few more people over there to answer the phones or something.

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #46 on: Feb 06, 2013, 01:42 PM »

I could not give up, finally got in touch with jiffy today. They have had problems with the bubble in the hose. They recommend removing the propane bottle while transporting the auger, but no need to disconnect bottle while not in use. I guess I did nothing wrong, they have seen this before. They are sending a new hose out to me asap, I agreed to pay the extra shipping to hopefully have the hose by weekend. I was so excited to finally speak to someone, I forgot to complain about the hours I have spent on the phone trying to get in touch with them.   part cost 41.23 plus shipping.

Offline yellowdog4me

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #47 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:28 PM »
   I could not give up, finally got in touch with jiffy today. They have had problems with the bubble in the hose. They recommend removing the propane bottle while transporting the auger, but no need to disconnect bottle while not in use. I guess I did nothing wrong, they have seen this before. They are sending a new hose out to me asap, I agreed to pay the extra shipping to hopefully have the hose by weekend. I was so excited to finally speak to someone, I forgot to complain about the hours I have spent on the phone trying to get in touch with them.   part cost 41.23 plus shipping.

Glad your getting the part you need. Shouldn't the part and shipping have been covered under warranty? Wasn't the auger new this year?

Offline jimmyrig

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #48 on: Feb 06, 2013, 03:35 PM »

Thanks,   Everything but shipping would have been covered, but I needed the serial # on the machine, and the auger is in the bobhouse right now. About 45 min. away from my work. Poor planning on my behalf.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.