Author Topic: Montreal Lake  (Read 4779 times)

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Montreal Lake
« Reply #30 on: Mar 20, 2013, 09:00 AM »
Well made it out yesterday, had a awesome time fishing on a beautiful day, landed lots of walleye and fair number of jack with smallist bein 33"12lbs n this one 44" 23lbs got to get my big one once again this year

2" bigger than last year and  5lbs more !!!! This one going on my wall, sorry about keepig her guysbut i was kicking myself last year for letting my big one go lol

Offline LOTALOTA

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Mar 20, 2013, 11:04 AM »
where did you go on montreal furguson again? congrats on the monster there are planty more in the lake

Offline Water Wolf

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Ice anglers walk on water.
« Reply #32 on: Mar 20, 2013, 04:44 PM »
Congrats Polarbehr, she is a dandy big pike. :tipup:
The average pike weighing 12lbs would sure make for a fun afternoon. @)

WW

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Mar 20, 2013, 06:07 PM »
Congrats Polarbehr, she is a dandy big pike. :tipup:
The average pike weighing 12lbs would sure make for a fun afternoon. @)

WW
Lol yea it was a exciting day it begun at 930 n ended up at 500, lost one rod due a tip-up going off, wrapped it around my chair n must bein a big fish cuz it pulled my chair 3ft n my rod was gone lol

Offline panthermartin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #34 on: Mar 22, 2013, 05:17 PM »
Take it easy guy.  Still a 1 walleye limit on Montreal.

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Mar 22, 2013, 08:08 PM »
Take it easy guy.  Still a 1 walleye limit on Montreal.
Thanks for the info ill be sure to let the chief kno dat rofl

Offline panthermartin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #36 on: Mar 22, 2013, 10:56 PM »
I'm not sure what the chief has to do with anything. Was just hoping you might become aware of the effort that's been put forth to restore the walleye population on Montreal lake. They've been dumping millions of walleye in there year after year trying to develop a healthy stock like it once held.  It's public information and can be accessed through SERM; you should check it out.  They do lower limits for a reason; it's not just for their enjoyment.

Offline lincoln1986

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #37 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:12 AM »
I think he may mean the chief of a FN band, but I could be totally wrong, no disrespect meant but i don't know if limits apply to FN

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #38 on: Mar 23, 2013, 06:32 AM »
I think he may mean the chief of a FN band, but I could be totally wrong, no disrespect meant but i don't know if limits apply to FN
No disrespect taken and yes that is what i meant by that comment, keep yer lines tight HAGD everyone in the tournament today at ML

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #39 on: Mar 23, 2013, 07:28 AM »
Yeah, limits don't apply to FN people. It's called sustenance hunting/fishing. Just the way it is, I'd play by the same rules.

Offline panthermartin

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #40 on: Mar 23, 2013, 11:55 AM »
I suggest having a second look at the sign entering the reserve; "respect, protect and enjoy". And remember that that treaty rights come with responsibilities and just because someone is treaty does not mean they must engage in an unsustainable and selfish harvest.  A lesson should've been learned from past exploitation on Montreal lake.

Offline sasklab10

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #41 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:03 PM »
Yes, keeping every big pike you catch, and way to many walleye can do nothing but bad to the future fish population. I understand the sustenance fishing/hunting thing, but you have to have some personal morals as well. Montreal Lake has been fished down to almost nothing in previous years, its nice to see that someone is doing well, but if everyone kept everything they catch it will be in the same crapty position it used to be.

Offline ran7ger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #42 on: Mar 23, 2013, 12:56 PM »
 i thought long and hard on how to reply to this topic and then decided i probably shouldn't. 

Offline SaskWatch

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #43 on: Mar 23, 2013, 04:42 PM »
I think they have every right to sustenance hunt/fish but saying you are putting that big pike on the wall may land you in some trouble. It doesn't really provide any sustenance....just saying.

Offline Polarbehr

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Mar 24, 2013, 10:01 PM »
LOL ranger Id really like to hear your take on this, N taking out the big jacks probably do help the walleye population n mounting that big fish is the first one i decided to keep, i let last years big one go, n jus fo all you haters lol
bQX1g

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.