Author Topic: 37 inch Pike last Saturday 1/26  (Read 3379 times)

Offline thndrvlly

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: 37 inch Pike last Saturday 1/26
« Reply #30 on: Feb 01, 2013, 06:29 PM »
nice fish, ive seen a lot of nice pike pics this year

Offline Paulz88

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #31 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:46 PM »
Awesome fish man...I would have taken a pic too of course with a fish like that. Some people against taking pics have pics of themselves holding fish on the ice in their avatar pics lol also half the derbies kill the big fish so I don't know why they are mad at you for just taking a pic..you didn't club it in the head, kill it and then throw it back later in the day

Offline Kilbourn

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin Dells, WI
« Reply #32 on: Feb 01, 2013, 10:57 PM »
Yep, I'm a little jealous! Nice Pike, I need to get me some!

Offline buckfordave

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #33 on: Feb 02, 2013, 08:30 AM »
nice fish anywhere your fishing congrats!

Offline saxmatt

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #34 on: Feb 02, 2013, 09:18 AM »
Awesome fish man...I would have taken a pic too of course with a fish like that. Some people against taking pics have pics of themselves holding fish on the ice in their avatar pics lol also half the derbies kill the big fish so I don't know why they are mad at you for just taking a pic..you didn't club it in the head, kill it and then throw it back later in the day

I don't think anyone is against taking pictures, they're just worried about taking care of the fish. Some of the most experienced pike fisherman in the state have commented on this thread, some comments were more negative than others and some were meant to help teach proper fish care for pike. Pike fishing has become more popular because of the internet and there are lots of people who don't know how to handle the fish. I didn't when I started out. Now every time me or one of my buddies gets a flag I walk to the hole with a bag that has a boga, long pliers, jaw spreader, tape measure and a camera. The fish is kept in the water as much as possible during the unhooking process and usually isn't removed from the water unless it's a picture worthy mid 30" plus fish. The main things to remember if you are releasing fish are keep the fish out of the water for the shortest amount of time possible, don't let the fish thrash around on the ice, don't touch or pick them up by the gills, bring everything you need to the hole, and revive the fish when you are releasing it. Handle the fish with care and they will grow bigger for the next person to catch. Nice fish, hopefully someone will catch her when she's a 40. :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.