The ice fishing VT boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: before you post  (Read 2712 times)

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: before you post
« Reply #30 on: Jan 17, 2013, 05:07 AM »
another big problem is NO ONE looks at the conditions forum and updates ...I've posted the same question about the same lake in both forums and its been a week since an honest answer ...its funny how some guys want to know the conditions and when the fish are biting but lock up when they might have some info , theres no dam trophies in it poeple !
if you want info , feel free to help out a little too  ::)

Offline fishnmachine

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Jan 17, 2013, 08:40 AM »
I think a lot of it may be because many of the guys feel the way I do about telling anyone how the ice is. I HATE the question. If I'm not on the ice, I don't know how it is, plain and simple. Ice conditions can change so quickly that unless you're there, you don't know. I've started in the morning on a foot of good ice and left by 10 because it was down to 4". I've fished all weekend in February on 18" and had to pull the shanty on Wednesday with a boat. Just because the ice was good yesterday doesn't mean its good today, and what I consider good may not be good to you. Each and every one of us is responsible for deciding whether the ice we're on is safe. It has nothing to do with keeping secrets or locking up, or replying on the internet. In whom do you place your trust? If you want to know how the ice is, go find out. There, ninja, is an honest answer.
                           One more with the one we're after and we'll have two.

Offline camo ninja

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #32 on: Jan 17, 2013, 10:21 AM »
I think a lot of it may be because many of the guys feel the way I do about telling anyone how the ice is. I HATE the question. If I'm not on the ice, I don't know how it is, plain and simple. Ice conditions can change so quickly that unless you're there, you don't know. I've started in the morning on a foot of good ice and left by 10 because it was down to 4". I've fished all weekend in February on 18" and had to pull the shanty on Wednesday with a boat. Just because the ice was good yesterday doesn't mean its good today, and what I consider good may not be good to you. Each and every one of us is responsible for deciding whether the ice we're on is safe. It has nothing to do with keeping secrets or locking up, or replying on the internet. In whom do you place your trust? If you want to know how the ice is, go find out. There, ninja, is an honest answer.
thats the point of the updates and keeping them current !
I can see if guys dont live far away but the places i fish are at least 30-45 minutes away and thats alot of wated gas and time to check on ice that poeple on this forum are fishing that very day but would rather brag on another post of give smart remarks ...
i dont care if they tell me what they caught but its all about getting people out to enjoy the sport and theres nothing enjoyable to me about burning 20 bucks in gas  :-\

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.