Author Topic: Who has built a Michiana Shanty?  (Read 18561 times)

Offline J.B.

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Who has built a Michiana Shanty?
« Reply #60 on: Mar 07, 2016, 07:51 PM »
     I am late to the game but was able to put together a very nice shanty after looking at all the information on here and on youtube. I was trying to make it JUST fit into the back of my expedition but missed it by about a half an inch. The ceiling sloped too far down in the front and stopped my forward movement when trying to slide it in. O well, into the trailer it goes. (will be easier anyway) I made it a bit heavier too. Not trying to of course. I was hoping to be able to use it as a one man but that aint gonna happen.
     I used some of the tricks that Mishiana Fisherman put out there for us.... the door-stop cracked open, the removable shelves, just to name a couple. I also made doors on both ends so no one has to get up and out of the way for the other when you need to get out.
    I made it as though you weren't going to tip it up on it's side though. That way you can put your gear in it and keep it there. (like others on here have already mentioned.) I used two water skis as "removable" transport helpers. They just slip on underneath and slip off when in position to fish. (It's a two man process due to the heaviness of it however.) I was rather unhappy about the weight, so I already put it up for sale on Craigslist so I can take another stab at making another one lighter.  :)

Here is a video of me closing it up......

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.